Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned yesterday we shouldn't trade Greene but rather keep him as F6/7 but you're happy to move on Heath Shaw?

I feel like Shaw would be exactly the same as trading Greene. He can easily become you D6/7
Way different scenarios here.

Shaw was about 50k more than Greene at seasons start and priced at about 8-9 points per game more at 101 vs 92.5 or something.

It is far easier for Greene to improve and get close to or better his last seasons average compared to Shaw, not to mention he is performing far better than Shaw also.

Greene is averaging 85 while Shaw is averaging 78

Greene is about 7 points per game below his starting average, not ideal but not a calamity either. All he needs to do is find that extra kick, mark and tackle a week and he immediately improves. I haven't closely looked at his stats, but he seems to be a bit of a campaigner, so potentially he gives a few free kicks away also which may hurt his score (I know Nank and Yeo have hurt their scores recently by having games where they give 3-5 free kicks away which is 9-15 points). 3 of Greene's 5 scores so far have been higher than Shaw's highest score also.

On Shaw, he is 23 points below his starting average, he is an absolute shadow of himself. He is down about 4-5 possessions and 3-4 marks a game compared to last year, which is around about a quarter of his last years output. That is absolutely horrible and trading him out in round 3 or 4 to a performing defensive premium like Adams, or in my case to a Stefan Martin was a solid call imo. It also helps that there are a few solid defensive rookies around in Hampton, Otten and Newman who are averaging around the same as Shaw, so I have no issues fielding 3 defensive rookies currently instead of the two I started off with.

Summing up, Greene is better off than Shaw by 16 points currently based on this years output to last years. There also isn't a great number of premium forwards this year with a few speculative types in ANB, Tex, B Hill, J Cameron etc that are doing well currently, so I think he'll be fine at F6/7 at seasons end. Shaw on other hand, nope. Adams, Lloyd, Lairdy, Docherty, Simpson, Joey and potentially Hodge are miles ahead of him currently, even a Roberton, Hunt or Salem who are the speculative/breakout types.

Boyd, Shaw and Vince are well under what is expected of them, but if I were to think 1 may come good then it's probably Vince as he has had 1 poor score which has affected his price/average, but his other 3 scores added together are roughly what he averaged last year, plus he has DPP, he could be a solid D6-7/M9 type.

Hmm to trade Smith or Pickett to Balic is my dilemma..

Smith obviously has to go at some stage but to do so I would have to move McGrath to my back line losing my DPP. Would also mean I have to move Newman (or McGrath, Otten or Hampton) to the bench back bench and play Balic or Fisher on the field in my mids. Would rather keep McGrath on the field in my mids and keep my back line rookies on the field. It does mean no emergency for my backs.

But then Pickett is a good chance to return at some stage which couple be handy during the byes (a 30 point score is better then a zero if it comes to it). He's also only one 70 point game away from making a bit more money and I think he is capable of that.

Decisions decisions.

Anyone keeping Rough? ATM I am trading him to Macrae and Pickett to Balic

Only because I have to for team structure. Am hoping last week's win reignites the Hawks and this transfers to Roughy. Probably wishful thinking.

Next week Roughy may well become Nroo.

God, does this sound familiar.

Yep - frustrating when there's no logical way to improve your team. Next best thing is to ensure the $ are still rolling in so double downgrade is locked in.

Cash generation this year is key so focusing on that at the moment over chasing points in the short term.

Have gone SPP > Balic

WHE > Buddy.

Pretty safe right? Too safe?

fwd: Roo, Haus, Macrae, Buddy, Jack S, Parfit

Way different scenarios here.

Shaw was about 50k more than Greene at seasons start and priced at about 8-9 points per game more at 101 vs 92.5 or something.

It is far easier for Greene to improve and get close to or better his last seasons average compared to Shaw, not to mention he is performing far better than Shaw also.

Greene is averaging 85 while Shaw is averaging 78

Greene is about 7 points per game below his starting average, not ideal but not a calamity either. All he needs to do is find that extra kick, mark and tackle a week and he immediately improves. I haven't closely looked at his stats, but he seems to be a bit of a campaigner, so potentially he gives a few free kicks away also which may hurt his score (I know Nank and Yeo have hurt their scores recently by having games where they give 3-5 free kicks away which is 9-15 points). 3 of Greene's 5 scores so far have been higher than Shaw's highest score also.

On Shaw, he is 23 points below his starting average, he is an absolute shadow of himself. He is down about 4-5 possessions and 3-4 marks a game compared to last year, which is around about a quarter of his last years output. That is absolutely horrible and trading him out in round 3 or 4 to a performing defensive premium like Adams, or in my case to a Stefan Martin was a solid call imo. It also helps that there are a few solid defensive rookies around in Hampton, Otten and Newman who are averaging around the same as Shaw, so I have no issues fielding 3 defensive rookies currently instead of the two I started off with.

Summing up, Greene is better off than Shaw by 16 points currently based on this years output to last years. There also isn't a great number of premium forwards this year with a few speculative types in ANB, Tex, B Hill, J Cameron etc that are doing well currently, so I think he'll be fine at F6/7 at seasons end. Shaw on other hand, nope. Adams, Lloyd, Lairdy, Docherty, Simpson, Joey and potentially Hodge are miles ahead of him currently, even a Roberton, Hunt or Salem who are the speculative/breakout types.

Boyd, Shaw and Vince are well under what is expected of them, but if I were to think 1 may come good then it's probably Vince as he has had 1 poor score which has affected his price/average, but his other 3 scores added together are roughly what he averaged last year, plus he has DPP, he could be a solid D6-7/M9 type.

The one thing Shaw is well up on this year, is being a bell end. And for him that is quite an achievement.

Have SPP and WHE on field. Have opportunity to trade for any mid, which would bring Taranto / Balic / Turner on field for WHE, and send SPP to Mid bench. Seems like a good deal to me.

The questions are...

1. I didn't jump on Murphy - does he keep this start up season long?
2. Do I go a Jelwood / Shuey for bye related goodness?
3. Do I wait a week and grab Treloar?
4. Do I go unique and take a Zorko / Ablett / Sloane?
5. Which one of Taranto, Turner, and Balic do I field?

Have SPP and WHE on field. Have opportunity to trade for any mid, which would bring Taranto / Balic / Turner on field for WHE, and send SPP to Mid bench. Seems like a good deal to me.

The questions are...

1. I didn't jump on Murphy - does he keep this start up season long? Doubtful with his injury
2. Do I go a Jelwood / Shuey for bye related goodness? - Sure if you're making a mid upgrade and are bye 11/13 heavy
3. Do I wait a week and grab Treloar? - Why wait?
4. Do I go unique and take a Zorko / Ablett / Sloane? - If they suit your bye then sure.
5. Which one of Taranto, Turner, and Balic do I field? - Probably Taranto

See bold

Not sure what to do this week.

Options are

1 - Pickett to Balic
WHE/Roughy to Yeo/ Neal-Bullen/Greene - I am 4k short of Franklin

2 - Use another rookie to get Balic - SPP, Barrett
WHE/Roughy to any forward - Franklin or NRoo most likely

3 - WHE to Balic
Roughy to any forward probably Nroo

4 - Roughy to Balic
WHE via DPP to any midfielder I want - probably Rocky or Sloane

I already have Zerrett, T Micthell, Danger, Treloar, Fyfe and Beams so adding one of those would give me close to the ultimate midfield but with my only forward premiums as Dalhaus and Macrae with Houston, Butler, Parfitt and Balic on the field and no forward cover this week but hopefully a few more rookies coming through soon.

Backline is solid with Adams, Docherty, Lloyd, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Newman and Williamson.

Alternatively could do a double downgrade this week and get Balic and Fisher and upgrade WHE/Roughy next week to premium forwards although apart from NROO and the ones I have, none are scoring as consistently high as the gun midfielders

Option 4 is probably the most aggressive. Thoughts?
Any thought on this?
Alternatively thinking of turfing SPP or Parfitt for Balic and trading Roughy to Franklin. Just not sure who of SPP or Parfitt to trade. Parfitt has Collingwood and SPP has Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any thought on this?
Alternatively thinking of turfing SPP or Parfitt for Balic and trading Roughy to Franklin. Just not sure who of SPP or Parfitt to trade. Parfitt has Collingwood and SPP has Brisbane.

SPP 100%

Parfitt is dpp.

hey CrozaN toxic go you pups and all others

im either trading in macrae or buddy in this week - i think you guys are all trading buddy in this week but i assume you all already have macrae. do you think it's silly for me to contemplate buddy over macrae? there are some reasons to support it i think:

1. extra $48k will be so helpful down the track trying to get ubers like zerrett / zorko / sloane / NRoo
2. buddy should have a really solid next month (blues, lions, roos, saints)
3. macrae has a tough-ish next month (giants, tigers, eagles over there, cats)

do i just stick with the gut and take the best player or do i let my overthinking take control?

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Seems everyone is doing the exact same trades... better go against the grain then :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im either trading in macrae or buddy in this week - i think you guys are all trading buddy in this week but i assume you all already have macrae. do you think it's silly for me to contemplate buddy over macrae? there are some reasons to support it i think:

1. extra $48k will be so helpful down the track trying to get ubers like zerrett / zorko / sloane / NRoo

do i just stick with the gut and take the best player or do i let my overthinking take control?

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Go macrae

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A classic upgrade downgrade this week

WHE > Balic
SPP > Zerret

My midfield is now stacked full of all 120+ midfielders barring Selwood which I'm happy with.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Macrae scores well against anyone really. I'd imagine his price to hover between 560-600k all year.

Pretty sure he only struggles against Geelong because Scott rates him and puts work into him, but no other team comes to mind with him who he struggles to score against.

Me and others are bringing in Buddy because of his fixture (I have both Dogs premos also). But also just so we don't have to field a rookie too. I also feel he's nearly bottomed out.

Marchbank -> OUT
McGrath -> to def
Balic -> IN
Swallow -> Merrett

It means I have to play one of SPP or SPS on field (leaning towards SPS) instead of McGrath, but that's ok. I think Newman, Otten and Hampton all get the nod ahead of McGrath, so he is now on the def bench with the ever present def benchwarmer, Tom Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back