Round 6 Venting and Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS I hate this game lol. Two rookies in Ross and Duurs on my bench with 90 and 92, while Drew in the mids on field scores a 60. I'll say it again, have not got on field vs off field rooks right at all this year. Just happy I didn't trade Duurs out at least. Rocky just died after quarter time, with Ziebell tagging and playing forward. Was lucky to get to a 107, which I'll take

790/7 (C)

Dude - your traded in Premo of Boak scores 127 on Debut. You should be stoked! By comparison I’ve had Adams debut for 56 and Salem for 76. Barely reaches Boaks score!
Yeah really needed that from Boak. Lloyd will still probably score higher but I won't be punished as much as I thought. I wasn't really taking that much of a risk with both, I paid a handsome price for him, same with Whitfield, so they better do well on debut! I haven't gone for any value, risky picks like Adams or Salem or Laird at all, because I know I will screw up. Have played a very "safe" game this year and it will probably mean it takes longer to get a "completed" team.

OMFG * THIS. ******* * * * * * * * STUPID ******* *

Just finished work to see that Rozee and Duursma both scored 90’s... that’s awesome except for the fact that I traded both of them out holy s**t give me a break. All g maybe the players I traded in did well... Nope Salem in the 70’s and Lockhart the 40’s...

I traded in Rozee after this ton and his lowest score to that point in the season was 69, that week he scored in the 40’s last week the 50’s so I trade him out and straight back to the 90’s

Just leave me alone Fantasy gods... Bully someone else please for the love of god I am a broken man

890/8+C. Very frustrated at myself for not going Boak. Everyone was talking Rocky up on here and felt like I’d regret putting the C on Boak. Ah well. At least Rocky scraped his way to 107.
Only constable, Walsh and scrimshaw to go as far as rookies are concerned.

I expect there will still be some punishment but Boak did well to limit it. Lloyd's getting his 120+ again, just a matter of how much more.
Don’t speak too soon! History says Lloyd will score less than that. We shall see. I have Lloyd so here’s hoping for a big one though haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such an odd season. Have had a lot of bad luck and now just looking forward to the end of next week when my team will be where I want it to be for the meantime, and I can actually start (hopefully) enjoying the season and prepping for the byes

Should look something like this (or similar)

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Laird, Smith, Williams, Hore (Wilkie, Scrimshaw)
MID: Danger, Treloar, Brayshaw, Rocky, Brouch, Walsh, Constable, Ross (Atkins, Hayes)
RUC: Gawn, Mumford (Dead, Weight)
FWD: Boak, Billings, Kelly, Dahlhaus, Worpel, Newnes (Larkey/Corbett, Balta)

OUTS: Libba/Dahlhaus, Clark, Duursma, Drew
IN'S: Whitfield, Kelly, Larkey/Corbett, Hayes

Have gone with the strategy of making sure my mid rooks are last, as fwd and backs are all over the shop with their scoring, and mid rooks are pretty solid. Will bring in Blakely in Week 9, if available and going well, which leaves only 2 mid spots in Ross and Constable (Walsh is a premo now) to fill. Should be able to do that during the byes, and upgrade Mummy to Grundy as well, with small upgrades of Williams or Smith being the last piece of the puzzle. Of course the fantasy gods could send this all to hell (as they have done a few times this season already), but I'm sure that's meant be part of the fun...*cough*

How are others going with their planning?

Last edited:
Such an odd season. Have had a lot of bad luck and now just looking forward to the end of next week when my team will be where I want it to be for the meantime, and I can actually start (hopefully) enjoying the season and prepping for the byes

Should look something like this (or similar)

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Laird, Smith, Williams, Hore (Wilkie, Scrimshaw)
MID: Danger, Treloar, Brayshaw, Rocky, Brouch, Walsh, Constable, Ross (Atkins, Hayes)
RUC: Gawn, Mumford (Dead, Weight)
FWD: Boak, Billings, Kelly, Dahlhaus, Worpel, Newnes (Larkey/Corbett, Balta)

OUTS: Libba/Dahlhaus, Clark, Duursma, Drew
IN'S: Whitfield, Kelly, Larkey/Corbett, Hayes

Have gone with the strategy of making sure my mid rooks are last, as fwd and backs are all over the shop with their scoring, and mid rooks are pretty solid. Will bring in Blakely in Week 9, if available and going well, which leaves only 2 mid spots in Ross and Constable (Walsh is a premo now) to fill. Should be able to do that during the byes, and upgrade Mummy to Grundy as well, with small upgrades of Williams or Smith being the last piece of the puzzle. Of course the fantasy gods could send this all to hell (as they have done a few times this season already), but I'm sure that's meant be part of the fun...*cough*

How are others going with their planning?
What plans?.........I'm just running hand to mouth at mo

8/806(VC) providing Hately doesn't play

So WTF am I going to do now? Duursma and/or Rozee were my downgrade targets for next week.

* it....will sideways Smith and Dunkley instead

773/7C. Also with the C on Rocky over Grundy VC, keeping Burgess was the only way for me to get Grundy's score. I didn't do that, instead kept Duursma and traded out Burgess to Hayes. I think/hope the cash earned over time should allow me to recoup the 16 pt differential :)

Everyone keeps saying its 16 points but it is a 32 point difference, hardly the end of the world but still it is a 32 point loss not 16 (one I made as well) compared to sticking with Grundy.

Nah this is a common misconception, as people think that the score they missed out on is doubled.

Simply put, these are the two scenarios (if you have both players)

107 x 2 = 214 + 123 = 337

or

123 x 2 = 246 + 107 = 353

You're still getting one of those 123 scores and one of those 107 scores, you're just missing out on the difference between the 'double up' score of 107 vs 123

Remove this Banner Ad

Back