Preview Round 7, 2019 - Brisbane v Sydney (May 4th, 4:35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe by adding an ‘IF...’ and a ‘THEN...’ at the beginning of each of those lines, you could have improved this post substantially. 😜

Them's fighting words.

We're taking 3, the first of their 3 game memberships for the year, they love the Lions park activities out the front of gate 2, rain usually means that's cancelled as well.:(

Same First game this year cause the night games were too late. No chance of leaving them home though.

Ins- Harris Andrews, Zac Bailey.

Outs- Ryan Lester(omit), Luke Hodge(managed).

If Rhys Mathieson is also available unfortunately for him I can't see a spot for him, very unlucky.
This would be my ins/outs.

But with matho I don't do 'unlucky'. Your either up to it or not. If your not you just need to work harder. No luck involved. (Btw I think matho is up to it.)

BOM saying 90% chance of rain on Saturday with the likely hood of the rain being at it's peak between 2pm and 8pm. Who does this favor? In the past I would have said Sydney not so much now.
100% percent favours Sydney more than us, we still aren't the greatest contested team and play with 3 Tall FWDs who struggle to mark the ball in dry conditions so i can't see wet conditions favouring them. If it rains Sydney win

This would be my ins/outs.

But with matho I don't do 'unlucky'. Your either up to it or not. If your not you just need to work harder. No luck involved. (Btw I think matho is up to it.)
If wet I imagine Hodge n Lester to add expertise in wet conditions and solidify the defence

100% percent favours Sydney more than us, we still aren't the greatest contested team and play with 3 Tall FWDs who struggle to mark the ball in dry conditions so i can't see wet conditions favouring them. If it rains Sydney win

That's a little defeatist, think we'll be the better team in wet or dry conditions. We do have some pretty handy small forwards. When the ball goes to ground following a marking contest, Cameron & Rayner won't mind the wet conditions.

Suprised at the lack of confidence over on the Sydney board. I reckon it’s a real 50/50 proposition. Will be stoked if we get home but far from expecting it!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You need to watch more Swans matches we are the turnover kings now. Gonna be a long bus ride home from the Gabba. Whenever the Swans play up here (nearly every year) it always bloody rains. The reason we are doing so poorly at the SCG is we can't handle the slippery conditions and they give us dewy night matches all the time. Still opposition face the same wet conditions so it's a weak excuse.

Significant improvement in a few Lions players MCluggage for one and Walker intercept marking just have to make sure he doesn't kick backwards :)

You need to watch more Swans matches we are the turnover kings now. Gonna be a long bus ride home from the Gabba. Whenever the Swans play up here (nearly every year) it always bloody rains. The reason we are doing so poorly at the SCG is we can't handle the slippery conditions and they give us dewy night matches all the time. Still opposition face the same wet conditions so it's a weak excuse.

Significant improvement in a few Lions players MCluggage for one and Walker intercept marking just have to make sure he doesn't kick backwards :)

Has Buddy's wage sucked so much out of the club they can't afford to fly? :eek::eek: (Mitch Robbo is shocked!)

Saw Mathieson having a feel of his hammy in the centre square against Pies. It was clearly visible from the interchange side of the Gabba. Why didn't he come off straight away before serious damage was done? Did he tell a trainer? If he didn't tell a trainer, he's putting himself before the team. Gardiner did the same thing last week when he went to ground in a contest on the boundary line, it was clearly visible on telly yet nothing has been mentioned. Why? If Gardiner plays this week I'm expecting an ordinary performance from him or a torn hamstring. With Franklin out, it's a perfect time to err on the side of caution with Gardiner & replace him with Eagles. I'm no wrap for playing blokes who have tweaked a hammy the previous week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF... you don’t understand the reference...

THEN... maybe refrain from commenting, lest YOU look like a “flog and a knob”
No i fully understood the reference, seems you didn't understand mine, all good.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm with Mike whiting on this one in that while I think Bailey is best 22 I don't think he's part of the group that definitely come straight back into the ones post a multiple week injury. He hasn't played in over 4 weeks come game day so I'd be giving him at least 1 game in the reserves.

The group of players who are a no brainer back in post injury is a shorter one than our best 22, and that list shrinks even more when the longer the injury is.

Saw Mathieson having a feel of his hammy in the centre square against Pies. It was clearly visible from the interchange side of the Gabba. Why didn't he come off straight away before serious damage was done? Did he tell a trainer? If he didn't tell a trainer, he's putting himself before the team. Gardiner did the same thing last week when he went to ground in a contest on the boundary line, it was clearly visible on telly yet nothing has been mentioned. Why? If Gardiner plays this week I'm expecting an ordinary performance from him or a torn hamstring. With Franklin out, it's a perfect time to err on the side of caution with Gardiner & replace him with Eagles. I'm no wrap for playing blokes who have tweaked a hammy the previous week.
Could have just been cramp, you can't expect every player who has a bit of cramp during last parts of a game to not play the following week - othewise we won't have anyone playing for us

I'm with Mike whiting on this one in that while I think Bailey is best 22 I don't think he's part of the group that definitely come straight back into the ones post a multiple week injury. He hasn't played in over 4 weeks come game day so I'd be giving him at least 1 game in the reserves.

The group of players who are a no brainer back in post injury is a shorter one than our best 22, and that list shrinks even more when the longer the injury is.
Mods must be on holiday. How you don't get a strike for something like this is beyond me. Bigfooty has no place for people with well structured logical arguments!

I see this the opposite way. It neutralises contested marking, which we’re not great at, and heightens the value of bringing it to ground for dangerous small forwards, which we are good at.

It also probably suits Lyons who can struggle a bit in faster open games and Neale who is clean everywhere.

I would have thought you would welcome the wet with Parker, Kennedy and the like. Obviously you would know better and I hope you are right but Heeney and Papley the type to get off the chain against us. I will tip lions but only because I love them, be huge result for us.

I try to simplify the weather impact by using the following analytic:

ARE LIONS AWESOME - YES
ARE SYDNEY RUBBISH - YES
WILL IT RAIN - YES
CAN RAIN MAKE AWESOME INTO RUBBISH - NO (using the theory that the addition of rain doesn't change the fundamental property of something being awesome - it might make something wet, but it will still be awesome)
CAN RAIN MAKE RUBBISH INTO AWESOME - NO (same theory)

THEREFORE:

LIONS REMAIN AWESOME
SYDNEY REMAIN RUBBISH
IT RAINS

:D

I would have thought you would welcome the wet with Parker, Kennedy and the like. Obviously you would know better and I hope you are right but Heeney and Papley the type to get off the chain against us. I will tip lions but only because I love them, be huge result for us.

There was a time when wet weather seemed to assist the in and under game but probably more so when the likes of Jude Bolton was playing. We then moved into a different era and if it rained Jetta would be rended useless and we played a man down.

Now all it seems to do is highlight our deplorable skills.

Because Brisbane have turned into a team that look damaging on transition perhaps the wet does take that away a bit. Just don’t think the wet is of any advantage to the Swans. Buddy was the difference in the wet last year and you should have won with the amount of inside 50 entries. Our defence isn’t handling that kind of onslaught anymore.

Wet will suit Robbo more than just about anyone on the field you would think with his attack on the pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back