Toast Round 7 = Geelong 35-57 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Razor Ray on SEN just said they were reasonably happy with their umpiring performance, despite the tally being 22-10. But on review it should've been more like 25-8 😂😂😂

3 holding the ball errors on the night. Assuming Menegola inside of our 50 arc was one of them.
I do think we had the rub of the green, but that's footy. Umpires reviews are pointless for seeing who had the luck. There's always a heap of 50 50s, which they review and the umpires didn't get wrong. Sometimes you get lucky and get more of them your way, sometimes you don't.

I do think we had the rub of the green, but that's footy. Umpires reviews are pointless for seeing who had the luck. There's always a heap of 50 50s, which they review and the umpires didn't get wrong. Sometimes you get lucky and get more of them your way, sometimes you don't.
I just thought it was funny given that the interviewer was Whately, who's a Geelong supporter. I think he wanted to stir the debate that Geelong were hard done by, and Razor basically just shot him down by saying it should've been even more lopsided 😂

Hard to find much to complain about when you defeat a very good football side in Geelong but the result should never have been in much doubt once Selwood went down in the 1st quarter if we're honest.

The fact they still got within 9 points in the last quarter despite being 2 men down was an annoyance though and somewhat an area of concern as it again exposed that while our defence has been rock solid our inability to translate our periods of dominance on the scoreboard leaves us vulnerable when mistakes are invariably made and momentum switches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back