Round 7 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea who to add to my forwards in place of Walter's.

I've got gray, heeney, billings and Walter's.

Westhoff, Smith, lids, McLean or taranto.

I've been giving this quite a bit of thought. My ranking is as follows
  • McLean - with Libba out for the year, he's been right in the gutts and will consistently score well.
  • Smith - Super consistent 90+
  • Hoff - On par with Smith, but with the bye, he is a no go with Gray
  • Taranto/Lids - So hesitant with both these guys. Once Kelly/Greene comes back, I reckon they'll eat into their scores. Lids 3 week ave (113) and very low BE (3) makes him super tempting. Sometimes you gotta risk it for the biscuit!
Hope that helps.

I've been giving this quite a bit of thought. My ranking is as follows
  • McLean - with Libba out for the year, he's been right in the gutts and will consistently score well.
  • Smith - Super consistent 90+
  • Hoff - On par with Smith, but with the bye, he is a no go with Gray
  • Taranto/Lids - So hesitant with both these guys. Once Kelly/Greene comes back, I reckon they'll eat into their scores. Lids 3 week ave (113) and very low BE (3) makes him super tempting. Sometimes you gotta risk it for the biscuit!
Hope that helps.

I think Lids has the highest risk/reward. Best ceiling of all of them, but the injury threat lingers.

Hoff's scores may come back down when Ryder returns. Kinda like how Trengove killed it last year (2 years ago?) when he was the primary ruck

Westhoff only had 4 hitouts anyways. So he wont be effected by Ryder. Kicks goals or Mark's in defence.

I've gone Smith this week and will go McLean and Merritt next week.

Have 850k left now.

Also planning on Hurley and macrae.

I bailed on trading Walter's.

Gone Holman to Smith via Walter's to mid bench.
Bonner to cole.

618k left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only traded in Green a couple weeks ago and he's gone and find this. Ffs, should've gone Heeney. Have to burn a trade now probably go Gray, have him in SC and he's a freak, doesn't always transfer to DT bit looks like it will now.

Wanted to ditch Billings but had to reverse because of Greene.

Sitting around 450 with 24 trades and a few hundred K in the bank. After this week I'll have 22 and $724000 in the bank.

Only traded in Green a couple weeks ago and he's gone and find this. Ffs, should've gone Heeney. Have to burn a trade now probably go Gray, have him in SC and he's a freak, doesn't always transfer to DT bit looks like it will now.

Wanted to ditch Billings but had to reverse because of Greene.

Sitting around 450 with 24 trades and a few hundred K in the bank. After this week I'll have 22 and $724000 in the bank.

I started with Greene this year and last I and I want to slit my wrists each time

Why the * did you get Greene

I started with Greene this year and last I and I want to slit my wrists each time

Why the **** did you get Greene
I dunno I think it was before round 3 or 4 when was named I thought * it. Mainly focus on SC but yeah regretting that trade. Can't even remember who it was for tbh.

I think Lids has the highest risk/reward. Best ceiling of all of them, but the injury threat lingers.

Hoff's scores may come back down when Ryder returns. Kinda like how Trengove killed it last year (2 years ago?) when he was the primary ruck
Lol. Lids is out this week!

This Saved a lot of people a lot of pain.

With 3 rookies in the mids, I need to get a premo in there, so am thinking English to Ronke and Holman to Treloar. Can manage it with cash on hand.

I can afford the 1 game rookie risk/trading English early as all my other rookies (except for Balta) are playing and increasing in value.

Sydney fans - what did you think of Ronke?

My other option is Spargo. He is OK but I prefer rooks who don't need to rely on goals for a good score.

EDIT - got Spargo and Ronke mixed up.

Last edited:
Having an awful DT year so far (rank 2k) Too many initial picks haven't lived up to expectations. I'm looking at you Goldy, Merrett, Beams, Billings. Now have to deal with Walters untimely injury.

Walters > Taranto
Holman > Spargo (yes, too early)

Should have just enough cash in reserve for Fritsch > Zorko next week. (move McLean to forwards)

dt rd7.JPG

22 trades left, $125k in the bank.

I'm gonna hold Walters; reckon I can afford to chuck him on the mids bench for a couple of weeks.

Otherwise:
Bonner -> Cole
Garlett -> McLean/Westhoff/Taranto (most to least likely)

Which means I'll be looking at a double downgrade next week.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 10.34.43.png

Lel

Now just waiting on Savage and Seedsman to burn you all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back