Game Day Round 8, 2019: St.Kilda v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im an early withdrawal from tonights game as my back is too sore . If it was a day game it would have been ok but im not going to sit in the cold tonight when im already in pain . At least its on tv .

Don’t Panic !!

Membrey is due for a big game tonight . Im hoping he kicks 7 . Bruce , Parker , Long and Kent to provide goal kicking support with help from Gresham and Billings . Marshall to pop up and kick 2 as well .
Battle controls Darling , Brown does an ok job on Kennedy keeping him to 4 goals . Paton equal best on ground with Membrey .
Phillips has a blistering second half .
Saints by 28

Don’t Panic !!

We can win tonight by playing intelligent footy when we have the ball, applying manic pressure to win it and having no passengers. By intelligent, I mean holding on to it when a forward option isn't obvious, another player providing an outlet and by being patient until a clear forward presents. In other words, not bombing the bloody ball into the hands of their marking backs.

Its quite simple, everyone have a red hot go and play fast attacking footy except when that is stupid!!

Sainters by 20 points!!

Got no idea how this one pans out.

The first few weeks we were a “bend but not break” defence..... until the Crows and the Giants worked out how to break us.

If the Eagles can exploit the same weaknesses they did, we are in a lot of trouble.

Hopefully we’ve tinkered with things during the week and get back to our early form srtructurally.

Last edited:
Got no idea how this one pans out.

The first few weeks we were a “bend but not break” defence..... until the Crows and the Giants worked out how to break us.

If the Eagles can exploit the same weaknesses they did, we are in a lot of trouble.

Hopefully we’ve tinkered with things during he week and get back to our early form srtructurally.

It all starts in the middle- if the midfield don't get control, the defence gets put under pressure..

Some really bad signs over the past fortnight especially last week against the Giants. Those opposition run-ons came back with a vengeance as did our poor forward entries & failure to stop rebound.

I’ve lost that early season confidence in the space of two weeks & can’t see us winning against an out of form WC who will see us as an easy kill & an opportunity to build some momentum. Yes I’m fickle.

I’m predicting poor forward 50 entries, our forwards not working hard enough to stop the rebound & Kennedy & Darling to monster our undermanned defence.

Eagles by 30 points with Kennedy & Darling kicking 8 between them. I would love to be proven wrong.
The supporter in me doesn't like this post at all. I want to ignore the obvious logic and believe in our teams rebirth. ALOT!

The punter in me is looking at West Coast -4.5 ($1.91) and wants to load up.

And for anyone looking for value, Kennedy has kicked 6,5, 4 & 5 in his last 4 games against us (and this time we have no Carlisle).

At least if I do have a bet I am almost guaranteed to be disappointed. Life of a St.Kilda supporter ...

Last edited:
Im an early withdrawal from tonights game as my back is too sore . If it was a day game it would have been ok but im not going to sit in the cold tonight when im already in pain . At least its on tv .

Don’t Panic !!
My mum is still in hospital so we can't go.

I doubt we will win , just hoping we play like we did the 1st 4 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staying home for this one. Was away all week so gonna hang with the kids

I'm not overly confident but hope to see some genuine effort. They're gettable but i just get the sense the injuries are starting to pinch and clubs are starting to break down our defensive structure.

And for the love of god can we pls some show composure entering 50 this week

Big day for Dunstan today , he has to impose himself in this game to ensure his Saints career is not in jeopardy - Dunstan with all the criticism about him he would do anything for the club , I would love it if he could really kill it today.(30+ possessions / 15 contested)
Also Acres must start to show what he has got because if he doesn't he could well be used as trade bait.

Dunstan, Kent and Bruce (yeah he was carrying injury) all need to show up today or risk getting booted back to the VFL. Kent and Dunstan especially need to show their worth. Kent has had 1 good game for us so far and needs to make it 2.
Also want to see Gresham take a big leap forward after signing his contract. Show us what he's got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back