Game Day Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 4 May, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St-Kilda-vs-North-Melbourne.png

Autopsy Thread Now Open:

Last edited:
In general we're doing our classic trying cute short cuts now that we're up rather than going for the jugular, and as usual it's our senior players not our kids who are all hungry for any kind of win.

Our senior leaders may be some of the worst in the league, we need them to be smarter quicker and more aggressive and demanding on their teammates.

It's too sloppy for my liking, but having said that I am enjoying seeing us kick goals relatively easily.

I just hope we don't down tools and get pantsed at the end like that first Hawthorn match last year.

Howard was all at sea last week, but is having a decent game so far.
Hopefully King is just finding his feet and is better next week.
People defend King fine, some criticism a bit OTT, however he needs to work harder.

Nobody would bag him if he worked hard, his second efforts are non existent today. If he is still feeling the knee he should not have played.
Anyway he is there and needs to play to the forward structure, giving Marshall, Hayes, Membrey etc a chop out. If you can't kick a goal create one.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

disagree, he doesn't get moved off it easy cos he doesn't get outmarked, he's actually decently strong. And has a tank as proved in the earlier rounds where he played up the ground to good success. But he's not great at finding space deep atm. Decent pack mark but we haven't been kicking to packs

Well said.

I get sick of people here just sprouting bullshit like its fact.

He doesn't get moved off the ball easily, he's not soft, and he can run just fine.

That said wreastling isn't his strength and he should be looking to use his athletic traits more to his own benifit. He needs to work on his leading patters and timing so he can use his speed and jumping more.

I’m sure they do, you see what Hawkins does when he doesn’t get the free paid. I’m glad you brought up Hawkins. You know how long it took him to become great.
He just about won the Cats the 2011 GF in his 4th year. Breakout year was 2012, his 5th year. Was just about best player in comp that year.

King was drafted in 2018. 6th year on an AFL list, and he was better 3 years ago. Major red flags here. He is struggling to even be AFL standard this year.

Trade before the rest of the comp figures out he is cooked mentally.

Bit embarrassing for the “why did they pick Hayes he’s only played 1 good game” crowd. This is how he looks most games he’s played. May not have kicked the goals but this is his game and it’s no surprise.

He makes a big difference for us when he can rotate in the ruck and up forward with Marshall, he's just the sort of player we need.

He's still only 28 the same age as Marshall so we should hopefully get another 4 or 5 years out of him at least if he can stay fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just about won the Cats the 2011 GF in his 4th year. Breakout year was 2012, his 5th year. Was just about best player in comp that year.

King was drafted in 2018. 6th year on an AFL list, and he was better 3 years ago. Major red flags here. He is struggling to even be AFL standard this year.

Trade before the rest of the comp figures out he is cooked mentally.
Also had heaps of injuries. Look at the team Hawkins played vs us now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back