Autopsy Round 8: Liked, Learned, Hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Learnt: Our kids can play. Still a few years away but when it clicks its going to be good.
Liked: Essendon getting stitched up by a rubbish non call re the post. Every right to be dirty though.
Hated: The Karma of us getting reamed by the umps the next day.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Liked - winning 2 in a row and giving our season a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope that light is not an oncoming train in the form of WC, GWS, Adelaide and Collingwood (our next month).

Good to see Roughead kick 5 in response to being dropped and also to help the young Footscray defender out whilst at it.

Hawthorn and Richmond responding after being slammed by media and the public. Love how the good teams can just respond when needed.

Carlton. Enjoying the response. Will be a really good side soon but will have more heart breakers for a while. Cripps is the best player in the AFL.

Learnt - The game is inconsistently officiated and nobody in a senior position is acting. When the topic of umpiring and Rules is always bought up week in week out, you need to act.

The Eagles are nowhere near out of flag contention.

It’ll only be a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt in a one punch incident. The AFL isn’t doing enough to stop it or lambast it. Also that a huge majority of posters in here seem to think it’s ‘not the end of the world’ that this is going on and it’s ‘ok because it’s always happened’.

Hated - The fact Melbourne probably will rest on their laurels against WC this week after an unacceptable victory by one point and get destroyed by WC, officially ending our year.

The glossing over or not giving much of a toss for the violence at the football by people, particularly here. The fact people don’t have boundaries or can’t realise them when it comes to stepping away from a heated incident because of a meaningless football match.

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
Liked - Aaron Naughton's response after being shutout by the AFL's most under rated defender (and arguably best) Harris Andrews.

Learnt - There is currently no rule banning a player climbing a goal post.
- Intentionally elbowing a player in the head is now OK as long as the victim doesn't end up with a broken jaw/concussion/other serious injury. The action is no longer punished - the outcome is.

Hated - AFL's insipid response to Dane Rampe's actions.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Eagles are nowhere near out of flag contention.

I wouldn't go too early on that one. They are not in top form at the moment but you dont want to be at your peak just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Liked- The intent shown by North
Hated- The skills (particularly finishing =) shown by north
Learned- Nothing I didn't already know. The rules are an adjustable thing.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Liked - Aaron Naughton's response after being shutout by the AFL's most under rated defender (and arguably best) Harris Andrews.

I'd say Harris Andrews is quite highly rated, particularly for someone who has two surnames

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
I wouldn't go too early on that one. They are not in top form at the moment but you dont want to be at your peak just yet.

8.50 for the flag. Get on

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

Learnt - There is currently no rule banning a player climbing a goal post.
- Intentionally elbowing a player in the head is now OK as long as the victim doesn't end up with a broken jaw/concussion/other serious injury. The action is no longer punished - the outcome is.

Hated - AFL's insipid response to Dane Rampe's actions.
What really infuriated me is your point re the action not being punished. I am not sure what incident in particular you’re referring to but I agree with your statement.

It comes down to whether the person gets seriously hurt or not, not the fact the action causes it. It’s like saying driving 65 in a 50 zone is ok if you hit someone but don’t kill them, but it’s not ok if you do.

The AFL has got to be the laughing stock of sport with their ‘interpretation’ of rules.

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Liked: results for the most part.

Learnt: every team is vulnerable.

Hated: The fact that the focus on Rampe's comments became about the supposed offence to women. That isn't the main issue there - the main issue is that he insulted the umpire. The apology did not need to reference women, it only needed to be a personal apology to the umpire in question. So sick of every group of people ready to be offended by everything. Only one person had any right to be offended. * society.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Liked: results for the most part.

Learnt: every team is vulnerable.

Hated: The fact that the focus on Rampe's comments became about the supposed offence to women. That isn't the main issue there - the main issue is that he insulted the umpire. The apology did not need to reference women, it only needed to be a personal apology to the umpire in question. So sick of every group of people ready to be offended by everything. Only one person had any right to be offended. **** society.
And if my memory serves me right, little girls do have voices you often can’t hear. I am always telling my 4 year old to talk up a bit.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Liked: Another unpredictable season continues. Some close, exciting matches. Carlton giving the Pies a ride, Kangaroos challenging Cats, GWS also look bad - aka, no one is really invulnerable. Some great individual performances and some freakish goals, gotta love our game.

Learnt: The whole 'shaking the goal-post' rule...not something I'd even think about.

Hated: Umpiring, especially in the Carlton Collingwood game.

Hated.. The continued ignorance of the AFL management and need for complete overhaul of the rules/umpiring department.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back