VFL Round 8 v Sandringham Sunday May 19th 12pm Trevor Barker Oval - LIVE ON 7

Remove this Banner Ad

So Naismith has done a 4th ACL?

I yawned when we signed him, was not overly engaged with the off-season as i thought we were up shit creek and effectively recruiting much the same we did in Dimma's first year as coach - Naismith was this seasons Relton Roberts for me. But i have to admit i did wonder if getting a very injury-prone 31y.o in to be our "back-up" ruckman was a bit dumb. One of the key attributes you need from a solid back-up is..... health & availability. It's why Chol was such a good back-up - he was always physically ready to go when a spot came up. Naismith doing a 4th ACL can hardly be considered surprising really.

I yawned when we signed him, was not overly engaged with the off-season as i thought we were up s**t creek and effectively recruiting much the same we did in Dimma's first year as coach - Naismith was this seasons Relton Roberts for me. But i have to admit i did wonder if getting a very injury-prone 31y.o in to be our "back-up" ruckman was a bit dumb. One of the key attributes you need from a solid back-up is..... health & availability. It's why Chol was such a good back-up - he was always physically ready to go when a spot came up. Naismith doing a 4th ACL can hardly be considered surprising really.
It was a free hit mate worth a go

What pissed me off the most about this game wasn't the result but seeing ooze in the crowd laughing his head off with a richmond official next to him. Really??? :$
Yeah and that official is the one tipped to take over from Gale think his name is Mathews. :think: :eekv1:

What do you want him to do, walk around like he's at a funeral all week. :embarrassedv1:
WTF dude does his ACL and another gets concussed the two cronies are laughing their heads off come on man that was shocking to watch.

Not offended at all. But a few on here are throwing the toys out the cot over anything they can think of. Ripping into Yze for laughing in the stands is ridiculous.
Not offended as the other teams are laughing at us once again why not join them.

I honestly thought our VFL team was destined for a big tilt at the flag. Our VFL listed players are absolutely brilliant at the level, and highly committed to the team. But the injury carnage is just too great now. There is every chance it has cost this team a flag. Anything remotely close to our best 11 VFL listed players combined with say our 25th to 36th ranked AFL listed players would have been extremely difficult to stop. We will be lucky to ever see half of those playing together again at any stage this season. :(

WTF dude does his ACL and another gets concussed the two cronies are laughing their heads off come on man that was shocking to watch.
Saw Lynch in the crowd a few times with a smile on his face, guess we can label him a poor teammate now

Tough on our VFL team, who have so far this year been pretty good. I guess our injuries were bound to impact our VFL side, I'm just surprised it took this long.
12 players with less than 6 VFL games and 3 AFL listed players once Naismith went down and we're still in the game until that happened

His not the commendor in charge is he.
Just so we've got this clear, Yze having a laugh while having a chat with someone is no good, teammates having a laugh is good. Is that right or should the whole club be walking around like they're at a funeral?

I sometimes have to just laugh at the whole situation.
Whether it be the growing injury list, umpiring or team selections.

My alternative action is smashing a TV or laptop once or twice a week.
They say laughter is the best medicine.

Just so we've got this clear, Yze having a laugh while having a chat with someone is no good, teammates having a laugh is good. Is that right or should the whole club be walking around like they're at a funeral?
No laughing is good just not a good image when your a leader of a team that is going to the tip and players droping off like flies in front off you. To make things worse you are laughing along with the supposed next CEO of the club. But all things are good as long as you are happy that's all that maters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sometimes have to just laugh at the whole situation.
Whether it be the growing injury list, umpiring or team selections.

My alternative action is smashing a TV or laptop once or twice a week.
They say laughter is the best medicine.
Were you laughing when Rioli got that 50m paid against him, or smashing the TV.

Saw Lynch in the crowd a few times with a smile on his face, guess we can label him a poor teammate now
saw some guy the approximate height of baker at work yesterday having a bloody good old laugh. what gives bakes!? trade him if that's his attitude.

saw some guy the approximate height of baker at work yesterday having a bloody good old laugh. what gives bakes!? trade him if that's his attitude.
yep good decision we cant be having that

I honestly thought our VFL team was destined for a big tilt at the flag. Our VFL listed players are absolutely brilliant at the level, and highly committed to the team. But the injury carnage is just too great now. There is every chance it has cost this team a flag. Anything remotely close to our best 11 VFL listed players combined with say our 25th to 36th ranked AFL listed players would have been extremely difficult to stop. We will be lucky to ever see half of those playing together again at any stage this season. :(
I thought the same and now think it will be difficult to find continuity and strucutre with the deleted stocks. I understand a few of senior boys went into the game with niggles and couldnt be rested.

I yawned when we signed him, was not overly engaged with the off-season as i thought we were up s**t creek and effectively recruiting much the same we did in Dimma's first year as coach - Naismith was this seasons Relton Roberts for me. But i have to admit i did wonder if getting a very injury-prone 31y.o in to be our "back-up" ruckman was a bit dumb. One of the key attributes you need from a solid back-up is..... health & availability. It's why Chol was such a good back-up - he was always physically ready to go when a spot came up. Naismith doing a 4th ACL can hardly be considered surprising really.

If you don’t invest in the draft then this is what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure but I think the crowd shot of Yze & Matthews was 2nd qtr. before Naismith injury.

Maybe talking & joking about something not football.
Actually, it was just before and after the concussion which happened like 4 minutes after the ACL. All the pro palestinians on here that think that ok that's fine also I'm neutral lol

Decent effort in a 100 point belting.

Sandringham 20.14 (134) def Richmond 3.6 (24)
Hugo Garcia (SAN)
8 Max Heath (SAN)
6 Brad Crouch (SAN)
2 Matthew Allison (SAN)
2 Tom Campbell (SAN)
2 Kaleb Smith (RIC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back