Game Day Round 9, 2024 - Adelaide vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting to see a similar game today to last Thursday's showdown. Port a strong front half territory team but they got hurt badly on the counterattack by Adelaide who were very disciplined defensively and then smart when they got the opportunity to go forward. Like Port, I'm not sure we have any suitable matchups for Rankine or Rachele.

We often read here that teams who move the ball quickly are our Achilles heel and bring us unstuck... I'd suggest that this is pretty much every team's Achilles heel; we even saw Geelong on their own dunghill get brought back to earth by this very thing on Friday night. The key is being able to prevent that quick ball movement in the first place. And that's done either by on-ball pressure, behind-ball structure, or a combination of both.

So I think that's really where the game will be won and lost... Whether we're able to slow and suffocate their ball movement, which we weren't really able to do satisfactorily against them in either of our games against them last year.

If we CAN do that, I think we'll be able to generate enough scoring opportunities. Then it will be about whether we're able to convert better than we have in recent weeks.

I think a lot has to go right this arvo, so I won't be holding my breath. Looking forward to seeing how the young fellas go regardless.

My confidence is getting challenged on this one.
were we playing on adrenaline last week
I think this game is a big test to see how the new kids go.
Having said that Lohmann and sharpie give me confidence
Just concerned with both brain and prior in together
but as grasshopper said it might be more about us suffocating their movement before they can run so more so on our mids and that’s where sharpie and lohmann come in .
Those two gave us so much run and chase last week so confident they’ll give us some resistance if the crows do get it out.
Massive win if we can pull together
Go lions
Super excited for this one.

One thing I really liked against GC last week was no matter how high up we pushed as a team we always seemed to have 1 and at times even 2 spares out the back waiting to pick them off. Something I haven’t seen much of from us this year but something we will need to do today to slow them down coming out of defence.
They are a rebound team and rebound quick so we need to slow that down to stand any chance.
Even in last year game down there we were in our forward half for the bulk of the game but when they broke, they broke and we gave up goals way too easily. Must stop that from happening today.
Go Lions 🦁
I will miss the game live with Mothers Day stuff so will have to pick it up later.

Good footy conditions.
Weather partly cloudy max 19 degrees no rain expected.
An 8-point premiership away game.
Adelaide played well to win the showdown and we beat an average team but were well undermanned.

I think McKenna may go to Rankine.
Not sure who Dunkley shadow.
Last time he went to Laird.
That did not work out as Dunkley only had 2 disposals to half time. Laird was one of their best that day.
So, maybe this time he goes to either Crouch or Soligo as i don't think it will be Dawson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not favorites so no pressure on that front.

View attachment 1986781
The Sqiggle tip looks like a nice relaxing finish...

Adelaide
Adelaide 72 - 73 Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions

Adelaide Oval (SA)
HGA:
Adelaide
+10.3 pts
Ins/Outs:
Adelaide
+3.9 pts

As the over 50s clique will attest, getting back up again only a week after that enormous effort will be a colossal task.

That's why we're playing our youth, old timer. ;)

Hopefully today is the day Charlie gets back his goal kicking confidence.
He really has been down in that area of his game.

Charlie has kicked 19 goals in the last 6 Crows meetings being 3, 4, 4, 3, 2 & 3.

Hopefully this is the day ALL our forwards get back their goal kicking confidence.

Tis well and truly needed and due.

The Crows are coming off a 10 day break. Adelaide also are far stronger than us in the fitness department 👇

Not to say you’re wrong but I’m not sure you can make that claim off two stats

We’ve won the same amount of games so maybe we’re just expending our energy in the non-red time of the first 3 quarters more while the crows are expending their energy more evenly over the entire quarter and the 4th

We’ve also had a miserable run with injuries which can’t help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back