Review Round 9, 2024 - Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Draw doesn’t do us much good unless we have a Carlton 2023 romp home in the back half of the season.
Doesn’t do much on the ladder - but it’s not a loss.

Both sides had chances to win, both sides had chances to lose. I’d rather not be on the losing side considering we were expected to lose, and had 3 players with under 2 games…

I don’t see it with McKenna. A first gamer in Brain had more composure than him. Cost the game with his comical around the corner kicks.

McKenna was great last year, won’t hear a word against his 2023 season.

He’s been absolutely diabolical this year.

Last edited:

Whilst we did well to peg it back after going behind, we should never have let it get that far after getting 3 goals ahead with only 12 minutes to go.

I still don’t understand for a team as experienced as ours how we are always so bad in those situations. It’s like trying to lock things up at the end of quarters. We have never been real good at it even when we were contending.

In terms of the players I would’ve had Harris, Berry and Cal as in our bests. Probably raffle the rest. McKenna is probably lucky we have so many injuries now. And Cam and Eric are probably lucky this board has just come to accept those types of games from them.

Edit. Forgot Payne. He was huge today. Few skill errors but that’s just him but defensively he was good on a tough opponent.

With regards to Cam and Eric, there is no one in the twos who would be remotely better than them at the moment.

Shadeau Brain showed more in a quarter than Jaxon Prior in 3, that is one must in and out for next week.

More than both McKenna and Prior. I'd say Prior was better than McKenna too. Would be dropping both in favour of Brain and Answerth this week.

With regards to Cam and Eric, there is no one in the twos who would be remotely better than them at the moment.
Yeah I know mate we have no depth unfortunately, but that performance they dished up tonight is just them, which I think we all now just accept. They’ll still have the odd game where you think it’s dropped for them, but I think they’ll forever be inconsistent, they’re just that type of player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKenna's kicking was diabolical, he was hesitant and so many times he blind kicks around the corner when he has time or a handball option.

Worst of all, his defensive efforts were bad too.

Mediocrity has just been acceptable for these two in their whole time at the club and this is the result. Not once dropped in their careers and it shows. That being said, I agree with your post but would give Ryan a go at the expense of Hipwood.

It happens. Probably every draw, the team with it in their forward line at the end thinks the same thing.

Be thankful Fogerty’s attempt hit the point post…
It's funny you say that because it's exactly what I was thinking with 30 seconds to go. That when I watch these draws play out, I always wonder how they get so close in the forward line but can't get it over. Happens every time.

Felt like we should have won that.

We had no luck in that frantic last minute that we absolutely dominated.

Still, a bloody good effort considering the personnel we have out and the fact we were playing with a skeleton bench last week.

I thought we might totally collapse in the second half but we toughed it out.

Stupid turnovers cost us the win but I find it hard to be too critical in the circumstances.

it's not my style to scapegoat individual players but McKenna had a really bad one. Doesn't deserve automatic inclusion anymore IMO.

Last edited:
Back