Review Round 9, 2024 - Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that you guys would be flat, but heck I thought that was a pretty great effort from you. I thought you'd be running on fumes towards the end of the game after last week, so to have an elite pressure rating for the last half of the last quarter is a pretty special effort.

The application wasn't always there today but the effort absolutely was which is the big change from early in the season. Not ruling out your finals chances just yet personally. Win the next 2 and go into the bye 5-1-5 and who knows? All the best for the rest of the year!

On a another note, Shadeau Brain has the best name in the comp.

McKenna was great last year, won’t hear a word against is 2023 season.

He’s been absolutely diabolical this year.
I think he's just one of those guys who needs a clear run in the preseason and struggles to work himself into a season. But can't afford that when you're already down two small defenders.

Super proud of the effort. We could have and should have won but we couldn’t easily folded like a deck chair in those final minutes. We’re still having a crack which was great. Brain must start on the field next week. His foot skills are very good.

Draw doesn’t do us much good unless we have a Carlton 2023 romp home in the back half of the season.

There’s enough on our list to suggest we could do that despite it being unlikely.

The good. Payne is a gun We knew Harris is a gun. Brain looks tough and composed Would've liked to have seen him given the full game. Generated more than enough opportunities to win the game and the set up with Cameron and Ah Chee worked well.

The bad. We never seem to be able to shut the door when we have control. Our midfield goes to sleep when they should be pumping.

The conundrum. Either put Rayner in the game where we can see whether he's consistently any good or not or trade him. Just lacks the skill for a set position.

You can put that draw down to pathetic set shot goal kicking again. If I was that bad at my job I'd be sacked.
Can we get stats on missed set shots for both teams?

I remember Rainer missing 1, Hipwood 2 and Ah Chee 1, Morris 1 (though a bit harder…), Charlie 1 from the point post. Were there more?

Hard to know how to feel. There's clearly something to work off for the rest of the season but there's still a gap between our best and worst. At least we fought back a couple of times where we could have rolled over.

Could be worse is probably where I end up sitting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frustrating that we didn't get the full 4 points when we were 3 goals up with 10 minutes left but at least we showed some guts and didn't roll over. Was expecting the Crows to kick away in the 3rd and us to completely give up. It was intense having to watch the scores all game since I wasn't home.

On a another note, Shadeau Brain has the best name in the comp.
Looking at the sibling list, I now have high hopes for Brain, Wispa.

Take a mark and kick instinctively to the first option must be a new thing we are practicing. It's been a bit hit n miss so far but we have to roll with the punches if we want to perfect it. Edge of the seat stuff for sure, not for the faint hearted.

I swear it feels like we hit the post more than most teams in the competition. 12 times in the last 5 games.

Every time we hit the post jasrulz is etching another mark into their wall at home, like a POW counting the days in captivity

Back