Review Round 9, 2024: Box Hill Hawks v Brisbane Lions, 25 May 2024, 1.05pm @ Box Hill City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

it is no fault of DGB's that he was drafted so high. I feel sorry for the bloke, undue pressure, realistically a 50-70th pick, in a draft hard to judge because of Covid. Horrible work by the Hawks.
Sorry to say, but he is absolutely nowhere near it, in both body and mind. Hawks might give him another year in hope, but I'd say that is a pretty forlorn one. If a miracle occurs and Fro or WCE offer a third round pick, you'd grab it a run away as fast as you could.
Watching yesterday, you clearly can see that the cupboard is bare beyond the top 26. Real worry, especially when you consider that non-Hawks listed players have, to a large extent, kept the side afloat and winning.
What a load of shit.

Yes it's come to the point with DGB that we stop putting him through this. He is only the second player in 40 years as a supporter that I've called time on. I'm a big fan of supporting our players, but there is also a point where everyone can see it is over.

I'm more positive about some of our other players. Josh Bennetts for instance, played 26 games for Box Hill now, averaging 14 disposals (18 this year), around 2 tackles and a goal a game. Needs to be a bit more reliable with the ball, and then it’s a matter of translating what he does at Box Hill to the AFL team. His offensive development has reminded me a lot of Luke B. His defensive work has been solid, but not Luke’s level.

There is a handful of others, and while not in the majority with this view, I think Chad has years left as a forward, probably not a midfielder unless it’s on the wing.

Yes, time for a refresh at the end of the year, as always, but it’s definitely not doom and gloom looking at our developing players.
Yep, hopeful for Bennetts too. Touch and go at this stage, but I'm rooting for him.
He has some tricks in his bag. Bodie Ryan also progressing well.

I haven't given up on DGB. He's was never going to dominate in his first couple of games back after a long stint on the sidelines. He needs to start making inroads quickly, but definitely wouldn't be putting a line through him just yet.

That was truly horrendous was our bye this week as well?
Not much positivity from that although these days happen it must be hard to perform consistently when the side changes every week.
On DGB he’s 2 games back from a long injury. Give him time to get back to full fitness and let’s see how he can finish the year. He’s got no currency right now so we may as well l sign him up for another year and see if he can make it or at least develop some currency. We can afford to carry him for another year even if at box hill. That said if another club offered anything decent you obviously look at it. At 22 someone may think they can get the best out of him or he makes the case he wants to come home etc.

That was truly horrendous was our bye this week as well?
Not much positivity from that although these days happen it must be hard to perform consistently when the side changes every week.
On DGB he’s 2 games back from a long injury. Give him time to get back to full fitness and let’s see how he can finish the year. He’s got no currency right now so we may as well l sign him up for another year and see if he can make it or at least develop some currency. We can afford to carry him for another year even if at box hill. That said if another club offered anything decent you obviously look at it. At 22 someone may think they can get the best out of him or he makes the case he wants to come home etc.
Your currency argument is bang on. We've got cash, let's see if another year at minimum wage will result in a great ROI if we do decide to trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back