Prediction Round 9, 2024: Changes vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who i want out most, Sheed, Ryan or Ledwards.

Ryan is horribly unfit and horribly out of touch. He really shouldn't be playing, he got brought back way too quickly courtesy of credits/membership and has looked well off the pace. I'm not sure this changes anytime soon either.

Sheed is just so past AFL quality at this point it's not even a question. 14 disposals at 64%, 2 clearances and 4 clangers. We can get that sort of output from a rookie mid. What is the MC hoping happens here? Even at his best he's still not what we want in this team long term.

Ledwards 11 touches, 1 contested, 4 clangers. Clear OUT for hunt IMO.

Pre WAFL game

OUT - Sheed, Ledwards, Long
IN - Hunt, Maric, Trew/Hall

Still not sure what to do about Johnston either. Probably axe.

Still not sure what to do about Johnston either. Probably axe.
Marvel is a fast ground, I'd 100% be giving him a full game against the Pies.

Lining up against a Josh Daicos on the wing would be a great learning experience for him. Sidebottom too, see some running patterns up close from someone who's done it for years.

Marvel is a fast ground, I'd 100% be giving him a full game against the Pies.

Lining up against a Josh Daicos on the wing would be a great learning experience for him. Sidebottom too, see some running patterns up close from someone who's done it for years.
Simpson said during the week he is not ready for a full AFL game .

Doubt he starts .

To play devils advocate for Sheed: he went on Schoeys pod a few weeks ago and said that the fracture in his foot will basically never heal as long as he plays football. The guys got no top gear at all, cruises around at 3/4 pace and looks every bit a player who's worried that if he puts some torque into the ground it'll end his life. Apparently it's something they think can be managed but surely thats far from ideal.

Nothing sums up Sheed better as a player than this from the last minute. Heppell has gathered the ball here and has had his prior opportunity, Sheed in the running toward him at full speed and if he'd gone the tackle he has him dead to rights and its holding the ball, kick at goal for a repeat of the GF heroics. Instead of tackling he waves his arms above his head and picks a line that ensures he won't make contact with Heppell, who pauses briefly to watch Sheed fly by like an clown, releases the ball to a teammate a split second before being dumped in a tackle by Waterman. Essendon clear their D50 and its game over.

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 12.45.00 am.jpeg

Nothing sums up Sheed better as a player than this from the last minute. Heppell has gathered the ball here and has had his prior opportunity, Sheed in the running toward him at full speed and if he'd gone the tackle he has him dead to rights and its holding the ball, kick at goal for a repeat of the GF heroics. Instead of tackling he waves his arms above his head and picks a line that ensures he won't make contact with Heppell, who pauses briefly to watch Sheed fly by like an clown, releases the ball to a teammate a split second before being dumped in a tackle by Waterman. Essendon clear their D50 and its game over.

View attachment 1979660
Corralled to perfection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trew in concussion protocols and not playing WAFL today, which hurts his chances of a call up and probably gives Sheed a reprieve.

Culley for Yeo, with Sheed and Ginbey to get more CBAs.

Maric for Long.

Hunt for Ledwards who drops down to sub. Sorry Johnston, don’t think you can be sub twice and don’t think you’re ready for a full game just yet.

Brockman possibly for Ryan depending on how he goes today.

Jones to travel as the unused emergency.

Ryan stays with the Long injury I think.

Brockman a possible replacement there for Long, or they do some re-shuffling with positions with players like Hunt going to the wing and somebody else going to the HFF.

Bringing Maric in for Long deprives us of some run. I think the height issue will be match up dependant and I am not sure the Pies are overly tall are they?

Really want to see Sheed and Ryan out after last night. In top of the other injuries, Harley looked a bit lethargic all night, even before cramping.

So Waterman concussed and possible hammy, Yeo's groin exploded, Long's farked.

Throw this game in the bin. Rest Reid again and play the kids. On a hiding to nothing in this one. Dont need to risk injury to the remaining key personnel.

Try and make it to Round 12 where we have winnable games against the Saints and Roos.

No point resting Reid

Get him in amongst it.

Bring in Hall with Harley

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah im feeling vindictive. Melbourne audiences dont get to see the golden god live until fixturing is sorted by the league. A 6-day break off the back of the longest plane ride in footy is outright incompetent.

Just call it "hamstring awareness".

Take two with the Waterman news

Out: Yeo, Waterman, Long (curse), Johnston
In: Culley, Maric, Brockman, Hunt

Backs: Barrass, Gov, Rotham, Witherden, Cole, Hough, Duggan
Mids: Kelly, Reid, Ginbey, Sheed, Hunt, Chesser
Rucks: Williamses
Forwards: Darling, Maric, Ryan, Culley, Cripps, Petch, Brockman
Sub: Ledwards
Emergencies: Jones (travelling), Gaff, Johnston

Culley for Yeo, to play a bit of forward and a bit of mid

Maric for Waterman, Ryan to play deeper as a target.

Brockman in for Long, I assume he’s available

Hunt back onto the wing, Ledwards to sub, Johnston back to WAFL after his little taste of it.

With the outs from last night I expect Sheed gets a reprieve as we'd want some experience against the reigning premiers. I don't see the MC dropping Ryan. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hall debut.

Sooo...
Outs - Yeo, Long, Waterman
Ins - Hall, Brockman, Maric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back