Hawthorn v St Kilda​

9 Jai Newcombe (HAW)
7 Rowan Marshall (STK)
7 Karl Amon (HAW)
3 Jarman Impey (HAW)
2 Jack Scrimshaw (HAW)
1 Jack Steele (STK)
1 Callum Wilkie (STK)

Interesting both coaches gave votes to Marshall, thought meek won that battle.
Even if you thought Marshall won the duel there's no way he was 7 coach votes better then Meek.

Also - if Ginni had've kicked straight Marshall would have been the one to lose the game for them.

Disagree. He may be less prominent in terms of disposals however, he is still still having the same amount of impact on games. It’s just a different type of impact.

It coincides with Newc getting more of the ball as well as Days return.

He’s just getting down and dirty getting the ball out to better users.

Would you prefer Worps or Newc getting 25+?
Yep, worpel should only be judged on how many contested possessions he gets. Uncontested possessions are not his game and nor should they be given he’s not a great user.

Interesting coaches votes

5 Jai
4 Marshall
3 Impey
2 Amon
1 Steele/Wilkie

5 Amon
4 Jai
3 Marshall
2 Scrimshaw
1 Wilkie/Steele
It could also be:

Sam
5 Jai
4 Amon
3 Impey
2 Marshall
1 Steele/Wilkie

Ross
5 Marshall
4 Jai
3 Amon
2 Scrimshaw
1 Wilkie/Steele

Disagree. He may be less prominent in terms of disposals however, he is still still having the same amount of impact on games. It’s just a different type of impact.

It coincides with Newc getting more of the ball as well as Days return.

He’s just getting down and dirty getting the ball out to better users.

Would you prefer Worps or Newc getting 25+?
What you wrote is hardly in disagreement.

You’re simply saying his current impact isn’t about disposals, but getting the dirty ball out to better users…..which is exactly what I wrote. 🤷‍♂️

Congrats on the win.

Just a random question to the hawks fans. How is Lloyd Meek going?

I only saw the 2nd half of the hawks vs Saints game. He looked like a solid ruckman. Its a bit Ironic that He was on freos list from 2018-2022.

He was under Ross Lyon from 2018-9. Ross Lyon got sacked at the end of 2019. Lloyd meek liked a post on instagram When Ross Lyon was sacked too. lol

I am glad Justin Longmuir gave him games. 9 games in 2021 and 6 games in 2022. It was way overdue that he finally got a debut game in 2021. He was always unlucky as back in 2018-9, Sandilands and Sean Darcy were given the main ruck spot. I am still suprised he didnt get games in 2019 and 2020 as a 2nd ruck.

I would of given him a game in the final game of 2019 vs Port in Adelaide oval. Ironic as David Hale was the interim coach in that game.

He didnt get a debut game in 2020 because all the State leagues were shut down.

He was a slow developing player. But I knew he was gonna be at least half decent when he went to another club, back in his home state in Victoria.

Its like a Similar situation to Sam Jacobs. Played 17 games in 4 seasons form 2007-2010. goes to Crows in 2011 and spends his prime years at the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats on the win.

Just a random question to the hawks fans. How is Lloyd Meek going?

I only saw the 2nd half of the hawks vs Saints game. He looked like a solid ruckman. Its a bit Ironic that He was on freos list from 2018-2022.

He was under Ross Lyon from 2018-9. Ross Lyon got sacked at the end of 2019. Lloyd meek liked a post on instagram When Ross Lyon was sacked too. lol

I am glad Justin Longmuir gave him games. 9 games in 2021 and 6 games in 2022. It was way overdue that he finally got a debut game in 2021. He was always unlucky as back in 2018-9, Sandilands and Sean Darcy were given the main ruck spot. I am still suprised he didnt get games in 2019 and 2020 as a 2nd ruck.

I would of given him a game in the final game of 2019 vs Port in Adelaide oval. Ironic as David Hale was the interim coach in that game.

He didnt get a debut game in 2020 because all the State leagues were shut down.

He was a slow developing player. But I knew he was gonna be at least half decent when he went to another club, back in his home state in Victoria.

Its like a Similar situation to Sam Jacobs. Played 17 games in 4 seasons form 2007-2010. goes to Crows in 2011 and spends his prime years at the Crows.

He's our #1 ruck right now.

Omeara seems like a nice dude but he is playing well below his career averages stat wise

Meek on the otherhand is smokin his career averages

fair to say we won that trade but fremantles 2 games ahead of us. Looking forward to Meek Vs Darcy

He's our #1 ruck right now.

Omeara seems like a nice dude but he is playing well below his career averages stat wise

Meek on the otherhand is smokin his career averages

fair to say we won that trade but fremantles 2 games ahead of us. Looking forward to Meek Vs Darcy
I dont even care if Hawks won the trade.

Jager O Meara is a solid mid. Bloke might play in finals for freo, he might not.

What you wrote is hardly in disagreement.

You’re simply saying his current impact isn’t about disposals, but getting the dirty ball out to better users…..which is exactly what I wrote. 🤷‍♂️
I must have misread your post then, apologies if so.

I took it as though he was having less impact and that he was not as prominent as he was earlier in the season. This was the part I disagreed with.

Every time I watch the Saints play, Hill stands out. He's got to be their most dynamic player, particularly on the attack. But he shows up defensively more often than I would expect.
He's put on size too since his Hawthorn days. Which means even though he's over 30 he could probably play on for quite a while yet if he starts dropping his weight back a bit like our premiership stars did once they hit 30+.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back