Autopsy Round 9, 2024 : Hawks slap the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I did laugh when he did this. The Lad had tunnel vision for the ball & put a damn fine spoil on Dimma. Obviously the lack of awareness that Dimma was about to mark it wasn't good but the way he spoilt the ball, golly this young lad could play all over the ground.
Keep your eye on him, he might be go alright 😉
Did the same spoil on Dimma on the wing the previous week. Absolute tunnel vision then as well.

I find myself watching all these shows when we win and there’s never anything on us. The north and dogs wins were all about how bad those teams must be.
Seems to be the same type of discussion line every time too:

"Now let's turn our attention to Hawks v _______. An incredible upset result. Now full credit to the young Hawks, but there must be warning bells going off at ________. Let's take a closer look at what went wrong and how _______ lost this game..."

"Now let's turn our attention to Hawks v _______. An incredible upset result. Now full credit to the young Hawks, but there must be warning bells going off at ________. Let's take a closer look at what went wrong and how _______ lost this game..."
The <insert club> but be considering whether <insert coach> is the right man for the job after that loss.

I struggled through a second time and while we were lucky in some areas, I noted that half or more of their goals were from mistakes on our part - the kind of mistakes that we will eventually iron out. First watch: I thought we showed spirit and were a bit lucky to win. Second watch: our system was much better than theirs, we had more polish and they were lucky to be as close as they were.
Thank you for your sacrifice

Is it wrong that I read that and heard Gerard Healy's voice?

Shout out to Ginni and his work late in the 4th these past 2 weeks. Been pushing up to stoppage and getting first at the feet of the ruckman to lock it in and run some clock down. Very handy IP he's brought from the Pies.
Meek was very good at dropping it at his own feet too.

The ruck battle was such an interesting one.

Meek struggled to stop Marshall from grabbing it out of the ruck - but made sure he had no room and crunched him every time he did it.

Marshall got a million clearance but his disposal efficiency was only 50 which is really piss poor.

Contested marks is always an interesting stat to me.
Calsher took as many contested marks as Max King (2).
Mason Wood took the most with 4. Wilkie and Battle with 3. And a whole bunch of guys on 2 - Scrimshaw, Dear, Weddle, Mitchell and King.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's why as much as people can't stand him Kane Cornes will always give us a decent pump up . David King too as much as I hate to say it

The true, definitive definition of the term ‘coast to coast’.

Almost as good as Goo to Strats to Bud in 12 seconds….
We are 4th in the comp for scores from kick ins in the last 5 games.

The big difference is that Day was a back flanker, second up, intercept type whereas Weddle is a genuine KPD. He could probably play in the middle - the question is whether we can afford to lose him from the back half.
Weddle has already shown that he can kick goals, when on the run. I think he has the attributes to play anywhere. I see him a bit like Silk, where if he need him down back, we play him there, if we need him forward we put him forward, if we need him in the guts, we play him there. At the moment he is probably 2-3 years from that level, but I have no doubt that he will reach that level.

Said this all last week, infuriating and god damn lazy

I find myself watching all these shows when we win and there’s never anything on us. The north and dogs wins were all about how bad those teams must be.
It was the same during our threepeat. Always seemed to lead in to games with how this was the game the hawks would be undone and crumble, then the next day was always how the other team didn't do a good job

It's why as much as people can't stand him Kane Cornes will always give us a decent pump up . David King too as much as I hate to say it

On satdy king got the irrits when derm said swans were better post buddy

Not sure why cos it’s plain to see, doesn’t make buddy any less a talent or achiever

Wanted derm to say it was the same with hawks after buddy too. 12-13 two close grand finals 14-15 blew the opponents away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back