Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Only one Poort player and at No.50 at that!!!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...lo-ruccis-top-50/story-e6freck3-1226598182382

RUCCI'S TOP 50
1. Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood) Supercoach price: $667,300
2. Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) $740,500
3. Lance Franklin (Hawthorn) $618,000
4. Joel Selwood (Geelong) $629,500
5. Jobe Watson (Essendon) $647,200
6. Dane Swan (Collingwood) $675,300
7. Marc Murphy (Carlton) $602,900
8. Dean Cox (West Coast) $600,700
9. Harry Taylor (Geelong) $465,000
10. Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide) $636,000
11. Trent Cotchin (Richmond) $622,100
12. Matthew Pavlich (Fremantle) $593,900
13. Travis Cloke (Collingwood) $436,300
14. Josh Kennedy (Sydney) $643,000
15. Sam Jacobs (Adelaide) $546,300
16. Chris Judd (West Coast) $558,300
17. Taylor Walker (Adelaide) $536,000
18. Jimmy Bartel (Geelong) $527,400
19. Adam Goodes (Sydney) $479,900
20. Scott Thompson (Adelaide) $591,000
21. Tom Hawkins (Geelong)
22. Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn)
23. Kieran Jack (Sydney)
24. Corey Enright (Geelong)
25. Darren Glass (West Coast)
26. Nathan Fyfe (Fremantle)
27. Jack Riewoldt (Richmond)
28. Ryan Griffen (Western Bulldogs)
29. Steve Johnson (Geelong)
30. Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn)
31. Drew Petrie (North Melbourne)
32. Rory Sloane (Adelaide)
33. Nic Naitanui (West Coast)
34. Lenny Hayes (St Kilda)
35. Scott Selwood (West Coast)
36. Ryan O'Keefe (Sydney)
37. Matthew Boyd (Western Bulldogs)
38. Brett Deledio (Richmond)
39. Andrew Swallow (North Melbourne)
40. Brad Sewell (Hawthorn)
41. Steele Sidebottom (Collingwood)
42. Dayne Beams (Collingwood)
43. Ted Richards (Sydney)
44. Bryce Gibbs (Carlton)
45. Leroy Jetta (Sydney)
46. Dale Thomas (Collingwood)
47. Daniel Wells (North Melbourne)
48. Nick Riewoldt (St Kilda)
49. Brendon Goddard (Essendon)
50. Hamish Hartlett (Port Adelaide)

I think his ratings for Adelaide players are more accurate than Sheehan's....

....However, look at the bottom 5, 4 guys who should all be higher.

And how the **** did Hartlett get in ahead of Boak :confused:

I love Pendlebury and have him in my SC team, but there is no way he's better than Ablett. Put Pendles in the GC team and he simply wouldn't have the impact Gazza has.

Harry Taylor's best is behind him.

Sauce is in the top 3 rucks in the league, but top 15 players? I'm not so sure.

Tex will easily be the 17th best player by the end of the season.

EDIT: Still think J. Selwood is overrated.

south-park-token.jpg

Hamish Hartlett

south-park-token.jpg

Hamish Hartlett

You just know he got to #49 and thought "*, I don't have anyone from Port! I know, Hartlett was a high draft pick, I'll throw him in..." :rolleyes:

FFS Rucci at least come up with a concept of your own

It's so lame that you copy MS concept to gain a bit of spotlight for yourself

Obviously Rucci's logic is that because Harry Taylor smashed Tex in a NAB Cup match he is a superstar player. Can't think of any other reason why he'd be #9.

Guess he was looking for a KPD to put in the top ten. In that case McPharlin should have got the gig (who doesn't get a guernsey at all...)

I love Pendlebury and have him in my SC team, but there is no way he's better than Ablett. Put Pendles in the GC team and he simply wouldn't have the impact Gazza has.

Harry Taylor's best is behind him.

Sauce is in the top 3 rucks in the league, but top 15 players? I'm not so sure.

Tex will easily be the 17th best player by the end of the season.

EDIT: Still think J. Selwood is overrated.

At 26 years of age? I think not...... he'll be one of the top 3 defenders this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally see Pendles as the best player in the comp. Many who love DT/SC may disagree as he does not score as high as Swan and Ablett, but he is pure class, and has a great defensive side.

But you could really say any of Pendles, Buddy or Ablett are the best and not really be wrong. It is personal choice between the three. All three are guys you want to watch and would kill for to have in your side.

26. Nathan Fyfe (Fremantle)

I reckon Nathan Fyfe will have a big year this year.

Watched him go head to head with Danger against Freo in our scractch match and he looked good.

42. Dayne Beams (Collingwood)

wow:eek: Should be at least top 30.

32. Rory Sloane (Adelaide)

Should be where Dayne Beams is. I love Rory, but both Rooch and Sheehan rated him too highly IMO.

Ablett gets a lot of ball because teams no longer now tag him as hard as they did at Geelong.

They let him get his 35 possie games because we all know that at GC he can do that, and the overall affect on the score board is minimal, as Aussie Rules is a team game. When Ablett had 35 possie games at Geelong he was feeding team mates that can hurt you. So you had to shut him down.

Pendles would probably get as much ball, but he may also stop the ball going the other way a bit more than Gaz does. Some of of Gaz's defensive efforts are not that of an elite level.

Ablett gets a lot of ball because teams no longer now tag him as hard as they did at Geelong.

They let him get his 35 possie games because we all know that at GC he can do that, and the overall affect on the score board is minimal, as Aussie Rules is a team game. When Ablett had 35 possie games at Geelong he was feeding team mates that can hurt you. So you had to shut him down.

Pendles would probably get as much ball, but he may also stop the ball going the other way a bit more than Gaz does. Some of of Gaz's defensive efforts are not that of an elite level.

I think you're having it a bit both ways though. You appear to be saying he gets kicks at GC because teams don't bother tagging him, but he got heaps of kicks at Geelong because of his team mates? Poor Gazza can't win. You must not think much of Gazza. ;)

I think you're having it a bit both ways though. You appear to be saying he gets kicks at GC because teams don't bother tagging him, but he got heaps of kicks at Geelong because of his team mates? Poor Gazza can't win. You must not think much of Gazza. ;)

I love Gazza.

What I mean is that when he got a lot of the ball at Geelong it meant your side was in trouble as he had other guys around him that could also hurt you.

At GC he can have a 40 possie game and you can still win by ten goals.

I feel he was a better player at Geelong. He stood out amongst players of a similar quality.

Anyone who knows anything of football, knows that if Taylor Walker was being fed by the likes of pendulbury,swan,Beams,Thomas and co, he'd do alot better than Cloke is. So I am unsure how he can rate Cloke higher, especially since only franklin kicked more goals per game last year than Walker.

TBH, dangerfield,sloane and mackay are not up to the collingwood midfields heights, yet.

So ahh where the hell is Sandilands?
Absented McPharlin, Rutten. Hartlett beats out all of Brisbane? what no Zorko? Rich? Merritt? Brown?... and ted Richards is all the way in the 40s compared to Harry Taylor. Cloke and Hawkins? pulled names out of a few very name lacking hats here. May as well just go by supercoach.

So ahh where the hell is Sandilands?
Absented McPharlin, Rutten. Hartlett beats out all of Brisbane? what no Zorko? Rich? Merritt? Brown?... and ted Richards is all the way in the 40s compared to Harry Taylor. Cloke and Hawkins? pulled names out of a few very name lacking hats here. May as well just go by supercoach.
McPharlin will be a poor man when he retires, the way he is robbed of accolades and recognition. Easily a better defender than Taylor and better all round IMO.

Sandilands definitely an oversight though I may not rate him as highly as others. TBH I think only Rich would make top 50 of those, Merrett would be close though. Richards probably understandable as he is assisted by Sydney's highly defensive midfield. Hawkins deserves to be there but Hartlett over Boak is bewildering.

I think his ratings for Adelaide players are more accurate than Sheehan's....

....However, look at the bottom 5, 4 guys who should all be higher.

And how the **** did Hartlett get in ahead of Boak :confused:

Heya DB... I agree totally with his ratings of the Adelaide players, especially Jacobs. RE: the bottom 5, I think his ratings are predictions for 2013, which is fair to think that players like Goddard and Riewoldt are on the slide and HH (who has looked ominious this preseason) is going to have a good year. Still Boak deserves to be up there somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back