Russell Brand faces allegations of rape, sexual assaults & abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are they supporting him in your opinion?
well a lot of them have gone down the alt right manosphere rabbit hole which really just builds on top of normal conservative patriarchy and religion

they trust him, they don't trust you, you call them freaks for starters and think they should be studied in labs

but locking up Brand won't fix the problem, though he absolutely should be dealt with

there will be people that don't believe it defending him
there will be people that do believe it defending him
some will not see anything wrong with what he did, others will but will still defend him because its more about their side winning than anything else for them

and no I'm not saying we need to hold hands with these people, but calling them freaks reinforces their position that its us against them

the systemic issues in our society that create the circumstances that allow Brand to do what he's doing and to cultivate a fan base that will defend him after it comes out that he has done this are bigger problems though

It's not a term I would use as it diminishes the behaviour, like that article calling him a "Lothario". He's a (alleged) rapist.
Fair enough,
Another 'award' Brand won was 'shagger of the year' , 3 times in the Sun newspaper.
The right wing media have barracked for him years and painted him as a cool womaniser when they probably knew more.

well a lot of them have gone down the alt right manosphere rabbit hole which really just builds on top of normal conservative patriarchy and religion

they trust him, they don't trust you, you call them freaks for starters and think they should be studied in labs

but locking up Brand won't fix the problem, though he absolutely should be dealt with

there will be people that don't believe it defending him
there will be people that do believe it defending him
some will not see anything wrong with what he did, others will but will still defend him because its more about their side winning than anything else for them

and no I'm not saying we need to hold hands with these people, but calling them freaks reinforces their position that its us against them

the systemic issues in our society that create the circumstances that allow Brand to do what he's doing and to cultivate a fan base that will defend him after it comes out that he has done this are bigger problems though
I agree, it's cultish behaviour, not normal behaviour.

I don't think any women will put themselves through the court process. They will be mercicessly attacked and called liars by Brand's supporters and even people like Elon Musk.
Hopefully his career dies and he lives in an obscure internet corner.

Yep, I'm sure those keen to rush to Brand's defence will paint their decision to remain anonymous as a reason for why it's all lies, and not that it's bleedingly obvious that they'll be attacked and harrassed online and in-person by those who believe it's all some kind of conspiracy thing against their 'side'.

I suspect we're at the tip of the iceberg of allegations though, I doubt it'll 'just' be those detailed in the article given the global nature of his notoriety and travels.

Not without some foundation far as I can tell, there were rumours Brand and Fielding were grooming Peaches and Pixie Geldof. Peaches may she rest in peace, died of a heroin overdose age 25yo.

I'm not sure 'grooming' is the right word if it was legal but I think both were still at school.

Brand was up there, along with Fielding, on my list of very annoying British Comedians.
I've always wondered with both of them, what there actual agenda was, or what they were going to be used for.

Especially after Brand garnered such a huge subscriber count on YouTube, and he appeared to be pandering to, and tailoring his content and contrived persona to the QAnon, Trumpest, anti-woke, anti-vax, gullible conspiracy crowd.

I even wondered whether he was being blackmailed/coerced in the background to promote certain views in public, in exchange for protection. And being primed for a future attack on the BBC, Ch4 etc etc, when he was eventually taken down.

'More women come forward to accuse Russell Brand after sex allegations as BBC launches 'urgent' probe and Channel 4 pulls shows featuring the comedian with Netflix urged to follow'

PUBLISHED: 11:02 AEST, 18 September 2023 | UPDATED: 17:07 AEST, 18 September 2023
The BBC is now also facing 'urgent questions' after it was claimed that Brand, 48, used his company-provided car service to pick the girl up from school.

It comes as both BBC and Channel 4 have launched internal investigations into separate accusations of predatory behaviour by Brand towards staff and audience members during the time of his employment.

Channel 4 has since removed all programmes linked to Brand from its website, including episodes of The Great British Bake Off and Big Brother's Big Mouth in which he was featured, The Daily Telegraph reported.

Netflix has since been urged to remove his comedy special, titled Re:Birth, from its streaming catalogue.
The BBC did not initially commit to an inquiry but amid the growing outcry, it shifted its position last night and a spokesman said it was ‘urgently looking into the issues’.

In a statement, a BBC spokesman said: 'The documentary and associated reports contained serious allegations, spanning a number of years.

'Russell Brand worked on BBC radio programmes between 2006 and 2008 and we are urgently looking into the issues raised.'

The broadcaster yesterday launched an internal investigation into what was known about Brand's alleged behaviour following claims that at least one senior executive was aware of complaints against the comedian and seemingly dismissed them.

Banijay UK, which produced Big Brother's EForum and Big Brother's Big Mouth in the early 2000s, revealed it had also 'launched an urgent investigation' into the 'very serious' allegations from former staff who worked alongside Brand when he hosted the programmes between 2004 and 2006.

The ex-staffers have claimed that Brand got them to 'act like pimps' by getting the numbers of women in the audience and passing notes to them from the presenter.

Channel 4 has also said it is conducting its own internal investigation following allegations of predatory behaviour against Brand.

They said: 'We have asked the production company who produced the programmes for Channel 4 to investigate these allegations and report their findings properly and satisfactorily to us.

'Channel 4 is also conducting its own internal investigation, and we would encourage anyone who is aware of such behaviour to contact us directly.'

The statement added: 'We will be writing to all our current suppliers reminding them of their responsibilities under our Code of Conduct, as we are committed to ensuring our industry has safe, inclusive and professional working environments.'

The network also confirmed to the Telegraph that it has 'taken down all content featuring Russell Brand while we look into the matter'.
...'

A Saville - Brand interaction has been reported as per the below.

'Listen to moment Russell Brand tells Jimmy Savile he will bring along an attractive naked female assistant who will give him a massage when they meet

PUBLISHED: 04:42 AEST, 17 September 2023 | UPDATED: 11:27 AEST, 17 September 2023'
Among the explosive revelations reported by The Times, the paper notes a live telephone call with the late, disgraced Jim'll Fix It presenter which aired on Brand's radio show in May 2007.

When Brand asks if he will meet him, Savile says: 'If you have got a sister you could meet me by bringing her along. I don't usually meet fellas but if you have got a sister then that's okay.'

In response, Brand says: 'Well I haven't got a sister but I have got a personal assistant and part of her job description is that anyone I demand she greet, meet, massages, she has to do it.

'She's very attractive, Jimmy. Would you like her to wear anything in particular Jimmy?'

Savile replies that he would 'prefer her to wear nothing', to which Brand jokes 'that will not be a problem' and 'there's nothing wrong with that'.

At this point, details had not yet emerged of the prolific child abuse committed by Savile.
...'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On reflection, was Brand's contrived online Persona, a deliberately strategy devised by himself to curry favour with the likes of Trump and Musk, and hoping that this would assist stave off accusations and revelations about his fast "me too" abusive and criminal behaviour, or at least assist provide him with some defenders when he was inevitably exposed, investigated and likely prosecuted in public?

On reflection, was Brand's contrived online Persona, a deliberately strategy devised by himself to curry favour with the likes of Trump and Musk, and hoping that this would assist stave off accusations and revelations about his fast "me too" abusive and criminal behaviour, or at least assist provide him with some defenders when he was inevitably exposed, investigated and likely prosecuted in public?

I don't think he is smart enough to have played a long game like that.

I think rather he has always had a God complex and that corner of Youtube of seeing conspiracies everywhere and capturing an extremely online right-wing American audience filled his ego of being a messenger for the masses.

The game is given away because as a Brit living in Britain he has almost nothing at all to say about the right-wing government in his own country that's been ruling for over a decade. The British conservative party is onto its 4th PM in 4 years and caught up in major controversies virtually every week whether it's corruption or the standard of living declining or the vile attacks on refugees or the failure of Brexit. You'd think if he'd have something to say about that. Instead his attention is pretty much devoted to US politics to prop up Trump and attack his opponents at every turn while claiming to be some "independent free thinker" with some anti-vax and anti-Ukraine stuff to mix it up.

His God complex meant he thought he was untouchable.

Fair enough,
Another 'award' Brand won was 'shagger of the year' , 3 times in the Sun newspaper.
The right wing media have barracked for him years and painted him as a cool womaniser when they probably knew more.
To be fair The Guardian also blew their fair share of smoke up his ass for years when it was convenient for them. I wonder if people like George Monbiot and Owen Jones feel a bit guilty about the pedestal they put him on.

To be fair The Guardian also blew their fair share of smoke up his ass for years when it was convenient for them. I wonder if people like George Monbiot and Owen Jones feel a bit guilty about the pedestal they put him on.

He liked the MSM when they were running bullshit propaganda for him

I don't think he is smart enough to have played a long game like that.

I think rather he has always had a God complex and that corner of Youtube of seeing conspiracies everywhere and capturing an extremely online right-wing American audience filled his ego of being a messenger for the masses.

The game is given away because as a Brit living in Britain he has almost nothing at all to say about the right-wing government in his own country that's been ruling for over a decade. The British conservative party is onto its 4th PM in 4 years and caught up in major controversies virtually every week whether it's corruption or the standard of living declining or the vile attacks on refugees or the failure of Brexit. You'd think if he'd have something to say about that. Instead his attention is pretty much devoted to US politics to prop up Trump and attack his opponents at every turn while claiming to be some "independent free thinker" with some anti-vax and anti-Ukraine stuff to mix it up.

His God complex meant he thought he was untouchable.
There's an entire industry built on cultivating and protecting people Ike Brand.
His value is in his ability to get people to buy into him, to influence people.
He stopped doing TV when #metoo started, talking live as himself tv like comedy panel shows.

His acting career also slowed a lot.

His people who he pays to be smart would have seen the pivot to where he is, or one of the players in funding that space did

They probably didn't know. They weren't providing cars to pick up a 16yo like the BBC did. He was viewed as a sexually liberated lefty rock star like a Mick Jagger or Michael Hutchence.
I think the TV people knew the dirt.

The likes of Brand and Tate and having worked in big promotions seeing what some old men are getting away with, is why I'm of the view the age of consent should be lifted.

And I'm not mucking around with it thinking it should go up to 18yo, I think it should be 21yo.

Here comes the outrage but I'm not budging.
A lot needs to be overhauled imo.
16 age of consent is crazy, imo it should be 18.

And look at America and their statute of limitations with sexual assault cases. Complete bullshit.

A lot needs to be overhauled imo.
16 age of consent is crazy, imo it should be 18.

And look at America and their statute of limitations with sexual assault cases. Complete bullshit.

I'd meant the age should be lifted to 21yo for relationships outside their own age group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Russell Brand faces allegations of rape, sexual assaults & abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back