Injury Russell your feathers - discuss all things high performance; injury lists, Marvel surface, curse from the gods and Andrew Russell

Remove this Banner Ad

You're better than this Arrow. This strawman of ACL injuries is nonsense - the question marks on Russell (including from the club) are off the back of the soft tissue injuries.

I'm just providing a similar sentiment, where people were blaming Russell for our ACL injuries, but perhaps Lion supporters are blaming their fitness people

Then, supposedly an unsubstantiated but categoric fact that Charlie's knee operation was conducted with incompetence by a surgeon and somehow linking that to Russell

As for soft tissue injuries, the club/Cook came out with a statement, you can either accept it, or you don't

Last edited:
You do realise that categorically doesn't mean true? It just means that you are telling us in a forceful manner.
Why the heck are people getting so defensive of questions, eyebrows being raised at our extraordinary injury list and whispers that curnow and walsh sought extra medical advice. If youre happy to drink the cool aide then chug away. Also Arrow brisbane have had a dream run re injuries for as long as i can remember...to me (the unqualified doc) knees seems unrelated to fitness regimes more so bad luck or
Surface related and soft tissues seem more high performance related. Let's just see but im tipping he wont be around next year

.Also Arrow brisbane have had a dream run re injuries for as long as i can remember...to me (the unqualified doc) knees seems unrelated to fitness regimes more so bad luck or
Surface related and soft tissues seem more high performance related. Let's just see but im tipping he wont be around next year

Oh I agree with ACLs, but it's strange when the unqualified were blaming Russell, from a lack of conditioning, to players being over worked, etc

Why the * are people getting so defensive of questions, eyebrows being raised at our extraordinary injury list and whispers that curnow and walsh sought extra medical advice. If youre happy to drink the cool aide then chug away. Also Arrow brisbane have had a dream run re injuries for as long as i can remember...to me (the unqualified doc) knees seems unrelated to fitness regimes more so bad luck or
Once again you appear to have not actually read my response.

Someone thought that they were telling us that something was detinitely true by using the word "categorically"

I was merely pointing out that categorically doesn't mean "definitely true" but rather "making a point forcefully". I offered no commentary at all about our injury list.

So where is this free cool aide that you appear to be offering?

I'm just providing a similar sentiment, where people were blaming Russell for our ACL injuries, but perhaps Lion supporters are blaming their fitness people

Then, supposedly an unsubstantiated but categoric fact that Charlie's knee operation was conducted with incompetence by a surgeon and somehow linking that to Russell

As for soft tissue injuries, the club/Cook came out with a statement, you can either accept it, or you don't

No, they weren’t blaming Russell for ACLs or impact injuries for that matter.

It’s the constant soft tissue and overuse type injuries like foot/back stress fractures etc

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No, they weren’t blaming Russell for ACLs or impact injuries for that matter.
I'd call this selective reading, there were plenty that were attributing our ACLs to Russell

It’s the constant soft tissue
Perhaps those injury prone players that many here and even Cook highlighted recently, that make up a large number of players missing

and overuse type injuries like foot/back stress fractures etc

Now this. We are now going to highlight and separate these type of injuries as being completely on the opposite spectrum to ACL and especially contact injuries?

I'll make my stance clear again. I don't care if Russell is replaced, but no matter who takes on the role, unless we part way with injury prone players, our outs will continue to be high

And, like all clubs, ACL and contact injuries will occur, match day and training

You're better than this Arrow. This strawman of ACL injuries is nonsense - the question marks on Russell (including from the club) are off the back of the soft tissue injuries.
Not really.
Tbh there's been a lot of discussion around our injury list in total.
People have thrown up total games missed via injury etc and then put the short ones in when our soft tissue injuries comprised of 6 injured players, with the usual suspects making up a significant portion of that tally.

Why the * are people getting so defensive of questions, eyebrows being raised at our extraordinary injury list and whispers that curnow and walsh sought extra medical advice. If youre happy to drink the cool aide then chug away. Also Arrow brisbane have had a dream run re injuries for as long as i can remember...to me (the unqualified doc) knees seems unrelated to fitness regimes more so bad luck or
Who is getting defensive?
Points and counterpoints are being exchanged, it isn't an echo chamber.
The fanatics in this scenario, questioning the system are the sakc Russell cohort so really, if anyone is inclined to drink the Kool-Aid, surely it's them?

Who is getting defensive?
Points and counterpoints are being exchanged, it isn't an echo chamber.
The fanatics in this scenario, questioning the system are the sakc Russell cohort so really, if anyone is inclined to drink the Kool-Aid, surely it's them?

The debate has been running the while. People have trouble admitting they were wrong. The evidence is clear. Our list has been wrecked by a seriously misjudged preseason which overloaded our players.

Madness - whoever directed it should be moved on.

Can I just say playing one of our most important players in Jack Martin first up in a full game at high intensity against Melbourne with no VFL lead in was completely negligent. Russell and whoever else are involved in our injury management need to get their heads read.

Played Cunners first up last week too in a similar scenario.

Neither player played particularly well and the injury risk is extreme. Doesn't help the team and certainly raises the injury risk. Bizarre management.

I'd call this selective reading, there were plenty that were attributing our ACLs to Russell

Perhaps those injury prone players that many here and even Cook highlighted recently, that make up a large number of players missing

Now this. We are now going to highlight and separate these type of injuries as being completely on the opposite spectrum to ACL and especially contact injuries?

I'll make my stance clear again. I don't care if Russell is replaced, but no matter who takes on the role, unless we part way with injury prone players, our outs will continue to be high

And, like all clubs, ACL and contact injuries will occur, match day and training

Well, our high Reoccurence team is turning Cerra into an injury prone player. It’s incredibly concerning another of our guns is constantly getting the same injury type. Hell be Prestia reincarnated soon enough

I’ll have a hit at a reason why these players keep getting injured, you just cannot replicate AFL game day at any stage during a training session. Absolutely nowhere near it.
This conditioning block bullshit and then straight into seniors has to be a part of the reason.

Only your elite players shouldn’t be playing in the twos to get miles into their legs, the rest like Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham even Motlop should be having a run in the 2’s before coming in to build up conditioning in a match environment.

You continuously have an injury list like ours and it cascades down, you can’t manage other players like Cripps, Hewitt et al so by the time this brutal season gets near the pointy end they are completely stuffed and out of petrol tickets carrying their own little niggles

Can I just say playing one of our most important players in Jack Martin first up in a full game at high intensity against Melbourne with no VFL lead in was completely negligent. Russell and whoever else are involved in our injury management need to get their heads read.

Played Cunners first up last week too in a similar scenario.

Neither player played particularly well and the injury risk is extreme. Doesn't help the team and certainly raises the injury risk. Bizarre management.

Don't you understand that he hasn't come out of the treatment room straight into the seniors. He hasn't been injured for weeks He's been in a conditioning block. Pretty good management I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, that’s fools gold Kerna. I think the proofs in the pudding

You just cannot replicate in game pressure in a training environment, not even within a bulls roar to replicating it. You can’t even replicate VFL pressure let alone AFL

Well, our high Reoccurence team is turning Cerra into an injury prone player. It’s incredibly concerning another of our guns is constantly getting the same injury type. Hell be Prestia reincarnated soon enough
Quality of player has nothing to do with injuries

I’ll have a hit at a reason why these players keep getting injured, you just cannot replicate AFL game day at any stage during a training session. Absolutely nowhere near it.
This conditioning block bullshit and then straight into seniors has to be a part of the reason.
This is purely a guess, how do you know what the best strategy is for rehab

Only your elite players shouldn’t be playing in the twos to get miles into their legs, the rest like Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham even Motlop should be having a run in the 2’s before coming in to build up conditioning in a match environment.
Nothing to do with Cerra then, given he falls into the elite category. Cuners and Martin have returned from long lay off's and neither wre injured on their return

You continuously have an injury list like ours and it cascades down, you can’t manage other players like Cripps, Hewitt et al so by the time this brutal season gets near the pointy end they are completely stuffed and out of petrol tickets carrying their own little niggles

You can load manage during the week, all clubs do it

Quality of player has nothing to do with injuries

This is purely a guess, how do you know what the best strategy is for rehab

Nothing to do with Cerra then, given he falls into the elite category. Cuners and Martin have returned from long lay off's and neither wre injured on their return

You can load manage during the week, all clubs do it

I have no idea pretty much like yourself, but the best strategy is not what they’re doing now or over the last 6 years because it simply is not working. That is absolute Fact

I have no idea pretty much like yourself, but the best strategy is not what they’re doing now or over the last 6 years because it simply is not working. That is absolute Fact

Finally, correct none of us are in the inner sanctum

And no, nothing you have suggested is absolute fact

Finally, correct none of us are in the inner sanctum

And no, nothing you have suggested is absolute fact

I’m afraid no matter how much you want to put your head in the sand, their methods over many many seasons now are not working.

When you have the injury list and Reoccurence rates we have year after year after year it is absolutely fact.

I’m afraid no matter how much you want to put your head in the sand, their methods over many many seasons now are not working.

When you have the injury list and Reoccurence rates we have year after year after year it is absolutely fact.

Here we go, now we start playing the poster with "head in the sand comments"

I will say it again, I don't care if Russell is replaced, but you, nor anyone else here knows whether he is performing based on outcomes

Do me a favour, remove the injury prone players he has inherited and then share how you think he is performing

Unless of course you think Cook has his head in the sand also

The outcomes of their methods are fact, it isn’t anything else. They’ve failed and continue to fail

Arrow, I think you’re being deliberately provocative…it’s very clear in what I’m talking about

But I will add, this is a mature list now with up to 10 preseasons into players drafted in 2015. The core group are hardened athletes.
If you want to try and bring in the argument of ability to run out games consistently my answer will be, so they should be able to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back