Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
1596758773943.png

In Season 30, I'll be shining the spotlight on individuals that have disgraced themselves, incidents ....and club performances

Elton Johns Wig is a self proclaimed straight shooter ....a long standing Wonders Player that deserted a club in its hour of greatest need .....he says he's honest & transparent ....but is he? or is he simply playing a game with the community

We'll investigate his claims .....and of course Elton will have an opportunity to refute .....his opportunity to "prove" any accusations false

Background
Lets go back in time .....in fact March 6th this year (Round 6 Bombers v Wonders)
Elton Johns Wig wanted to display some knowledge on a subject, any subject ....but he got called out, and man he did not like being questioned

Mate, I work in the industry. (on the liquor side)

All the big boys (coles/woolies) and suppliers (sorbent etc) have their planners done over 6mth in advance.

The supermarkets had stock on at promo prices, and I had a mate asking why. It's because they've got contracts with suppliers and the agreed promos are set months in advance. And they have to stick to it.

They might be selling more now. But once people stockpile, they have to use it before they buy again. Therefore there will be a slower sales period.

It's not a choice like chocolate, or a brand of cereal. It's a staple. Staple usage of an item like toilet paper only really changes with population.

Ok mate :rolleyes:

I know nothing. I've just been making it up for the past 30 years.

Why so secretive about "a position of knowing what I'm talking about"?
No, I'm not wrong. In this instance, I'm definitely not wrong.

I'm not saying price gouging doesn't occur. Of course it does. Especially when there is a shortage of a product. BUT, mainly when you have knowledge of it going to happen.

People coming in and stockpiling IN THIS INSTANCE was unforseen. So the big boys couldn't prepare for it.

If the coronavirus situation gets wore and worse, and consumer behaviour continues in this vein, then yes, the supermarkets will react accordingly.

They just didn't have the forward vision of this occuring to "fix" it.

I worked at Woolies as a Category Manager and a buyer for 13 years. And I've been on the supplier side for 17 years. I know how the system works across the board.

Making money.

Tell me Wayno, knowing the supermarkets make millions and millions of dollars a year, what is their average net profit in cents, per dollar?

Good Samaritan Syndrome
I could see EJW was getting flustered, so as is my normal OM, I held out the hand of friendship in a PM ......I've always prided myself on my compassion for my fellow man & my willingness to offer a ear to those just finding it difficult to be relevant

Elton had come out and urged people to smooth things over with posters in PM's ....to not let issues fester ...so you could imagine my shock, and yes disappointment at not getting any response .....yes he was snotty with me, but I was not expecting a non-response

Fast Forward
We move on from Round 6 to the Round 16 rematch with the Wonders .......10 weeks have elapsed ....what is a reasonable time to get a response to a PM ? , 1 week, maybe two ?

I don't ignore people .....I'm very social, and I enjoy our little jousts, but you need to lighten up ....you're getting all frizzled around the edges ......a bit of social awareness wouldn't go astray either ......PM me mate lets chat ....Oh that's right you don't reply to PM's

giphy.gif
Unfortunately no response yet again .....you'd imagine if questioned about not responding to a PM, you would PM the guy ?

So S29 is over ....I cleanup my PM inbox as we all do .....Elton still claiming no knowledge of said PM

What the fu** are you talking about chano?
:think:
Honestly don't know what you're talking about.

Lel.
I don't care if you to release them or not, it's up to you.

What PM's though? Just a title, or bump it. I have no idea what you are on about.
I have 24 pages of PMs.
I delete and select ignore future messages to try and keep it manageable. It was at 40 something pages.
Bump a PM and tell me when you do it.
I'll see if it registers.

I try to never burn PMs that are relevant.

Season 30
OK we've proven Elton Johns Wig is lying .....but what part is he lying about gets confusing

- He claims profusely, he has no knowledge of any PM
- He doesn't PM to sort out ....obviously still pissed off, despite protestations to the contrary

Plot Twist S30
Now this is the twist in the saga .....EJW actually does have the PM he didn't respond too .....so he lied

He then see's I've deleted the PM after 10 weeks of non response .......so he starts a barrage of posts demanding I post the PM, knowing full well I have deleted it

But he also claims on the Tigerturbulance Podcast, that he did respond to the PM ......yet another Lie?? .... I think there's more than enough evidence suggesting EJW is a hostile witness, an unreliable source ......a man with a chip on his shoulder against the SFA loveable Folklore Character

So the onus is now on Elton Johns Wigg .....you claim you responded to the PM ....you've demanded I provide evidence, knowing I deleted the PM between seasons

So by the standards you have demanded of others, please post the PM response ......of course he won't because the date stamp on any response (after 10 weeks & me deleting PM ) will show his hypocrisy .....he will duck, dodge, and bluster a response as a diversionary tactic

It's pretty simple .....no proof = GUILT !

tenor.gif

So S29 is over ....I cleanup my PM inbox as we all do .....Elton still claiming no knowledge of said PM
Lol what? What are you trying to hide Wayno?

Lol what? What are you trying to hide Wayno?
Just end of season cleanup .....PM's that had no responses or completed discussions are jettisoned

Unlike others, I do not keep PM posts, to use against other posters sometime down the track

All the failed recruitment bids I'd assume.
Yes, you can see by the 6 new rookies this season ....we're pretty poor at recruiting

No need to be salty mate .....you all can't be Bombers ....some just don't cut the mustard

Just end of season cleanup .....PM's that had no responses or completed discussions are jettisoned

Unlike others, I do not keep PM posts, to use against other posters sometime down the track
I've seen some lame things in this league in my time and deleting PMs at the end of each season is certainly top 40.

Can someone summarise this in 2 sentences please?
Wayne suffers from relevance deprivation syndrome and people haven't been talking about him for more than an hour. So more of the same basically

Wayne suffers from attention deficit syndrome and people haven't been talking about him for more than an hour. So more of the same basically
Still not responding to tags hey Sarah .....scared to standup & fight for your beliefs .....wickerman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ffs it's last week match thread all over again
Mate I didn't want too ....thought the subject had been done to death ....but Elton Johns Wig , your teammate, has continued this and demanded I run this important historical media piece

Mate I didn't want too ....thought the subject had been done to death ....but Elton Johns Wig , your teammate, has continued this and demanded I run this important historical media piece
that's nice dear
i don't give a *

I don't have the PM anymore either, so I can't post from it.

I do have a screenshot that shows he wasn't in the convo. Because I thought it was weird he'd claim I hadn't replied.

If he deleted the convo. how would he know?

waynopm.png

So, WaynesWorld19 have you any proof I didn't reply, yes or no?

Nothing wrong with not responding to a PM.

Ok .... for starters supermarkets (at least Coles) work on 4-5% (some stores nudge up to 6%) NP this is the EBIT figure and seemed consistent across the 6 stores I managed. Each month we were issued a trading report that tracked by category and by department. Usually there is much higher NP in the perishable departments like Produce and Meat, however the bakery/deli side compensated that with high skrinkage rates. A true NP figure cannot be accurately established until you conduct a stocktake. Coles does them bi annually for the non perishable departments, the perishables do a stocktake monthly due to high shrinkage. If not closely checked this will contribute to a line called "Unknown" which directly comes off your GP. But the 5% figure is about where it lands.

As for price gouging, doesn't really happen at local store level, what DOES occur is demographic banding. So keeping it in Melbourne, I will use the Port Melb/Sth Melb Coles stores and the Hoppers Crossing store as an example, why? They all sit in the same region reporting to the same Regional Manager. Take a generic can of Heinz Baked Beans, the price IS higher in Port an South V's the Hoppers store. This is set at State Level not store level.

As for bulk buying in relation to specials ... Elton Johns Wig is sort of correct in a way. Coles approach suppliers (and vice versa) and map out a catalogue strategy 6 months in advance. However in relation to the big suppliers ie CCA, it is NOT unusual for the store to sell the item at a loss for sales event time, a kick back after the promo comes back from the supplier and divided out to the stores as a % of sales. You rarely see this on a month by month basis. Sometimes the consolidated revenue kickback can take 3 months to filter into your trading report, thus skewing your NP/GP line until adjustments are made.

Hope this helps ....

Last edited:
Are we sure you weren't just the innocent victim of a PM glitch? They've been happening a lot the past few months.
I can only play the cards in front of me ......personally the Furies should be thinking of a suspension for Elton Johns Wig .....you can't have this sort of skulduggery at a club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back