Saad Saad's mark in the GVFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm fairly sure he was on williamstown's list last year or the year before... Saw him play a couple of senior games too, looked like that sort of bloke... Did some freakish things then just died in the arse for 2 Q's.
Didn't see the mark by the way.

guess_who said:
I'm fairly sure he was on williamstown's list last year or the year before... Saw him play a couple of senior games too, looked like that sort of bloke... Did some freakish things then just died in the arse for 2 Q's.
Didn't see the mark by the way.
Northern Bullants.

It was a super mark, I was watching from that end behind the goals got a great view. One of the best, hope to see it on Almost Footy Legends next year.

footyman said:
Northern Bullants.

It was a super mark, I was watching from that end behind the goals got a great view. One of the best, hope to see it on Almost Footy Legends next year.
yeah me too by the sounds.

I was waiting all year to see another mark he took earlier this year at rochy on almost footy legends but it was never shown. apparently it was taped but mustn't have been sent in (??). have heard heaps about it but it seems I'll never see it. everyone at rochy that I have spoken to have rated it the best mark they have seen at gv level.

Scribe2 said:
I've never seen a game in this comp but keep an interest through my journalism. Everyone I know who was there is talking around his grab: how good was it?

Saad actually turned up to training at my footy club once. Someone asked what his nickname was and he repiled "Saad". He rocked up (onto the oval)wearing Blundstone boots and overalls and proceeded to start training. He was only about 17 but you could tell he was just a freakish talent. Then the coach called for some sprint training and Saad was off, never seen again.

Blokes like him just make the game what it is I reckon!

Sounds like Johaar Saad's goal for nobs from the middle of Elsternwick against Old Brighton. Amazing. Can play the game those Saad's.

Was in front of the Shepp United Social Club and just like everyone else I believe it to be the greatest mark Ive ever witnessed at a football match. Poor old Peter King took an absolute ripper also, but Saad's is all the rage!! His 2nd hanger deep in the Euroa fwd 50m wasn't a bad effort either

jmain14 said:
yeah me too by the sounds.

I was waiting all year to see another mark he took earlier this year at rochy on almost footy legends but it was never shown. apparently it was taped but mustn't have been sent in (??). have heard heaps about it but it seems I'll never see it. everyone at rochy that I have spoken to have rated it the best mark they have seen at gv level.

It was taped, and sent in, but never got on. sundays mark was also taped by the same seymour fellow, and the mark was something of a hold, similar to michael thomsons arce. huge!!!!!!

i heard a rumour that saad was asked to compare the mark on sunday with that from one he took against tonny. he said the granny one was bigger, and i quote "i could see the city from up there".

Poor work for no professional photographer to get the mark cos he'd flown for two marks already in the game which he dropped and he had hanger written all over this one too. He was two or three steps behind the pack, waiting to start his launch, then launched himself up and hung there for a few seconds.

Hopefully the Shepp News can take a freeze frame of the video and put that in, would love to see that.

GV Middle Man said:
i heard a rumour that saad was asked to compare the mark on sunday with that from one he took against tonny. he said the granny one was bigger, and i quote "i could see the city from up there".

I was playing on him against tonny and had a first hand view of him fire up his rockets and take off over the pack. I was holding onto his jumper in an attempt to hold him down, but he just keep going higher and higher.

Oggy's cousin said:
He was seen at Essendon pre-season rookie training early this week. Unsure about the blundstones and overalls though.

he's training 3 nights a week at Windy Hill.

The grab in the GVL granny was the best grab i've seen in country footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The grab in the GVL granny was the best grab i've seen in country footy.[/QUOTE]

It was a huge mark, the one he took against Rochester where he flew across the goal sqaure and plucked it one handed was almost as good, not as spectacular, but freakish.

HJ32 said:
has anyone seen echucaboy thru this thread yet????!!!

LOL. No, but what is even more amazing is that FBP hasn't yet done his cookies on this thread (although he did pop his head in a few weeks back under one of his many bigfooty guises).

Punter_22 said:
It was a huge mark, the one he took against Rochester where he flew across the goal sqaure and plucked it one handed was almost as good, not as spectacular, but freakish.

I saw the one at Rochy, it was amazing. was all leap and glided across the rochy guy's shoulders and due to miss timing the leap, stuck the right mit out and wheeled it in!. How good was Saad's first quarter of GVL Footy? he kicked six in the first q on Smiddy, and Connaughton, finished with 11 for the game.

HJ32 said:
I saw the one at Rochy, it was amazing. was all leap and glided across the rochy guy's shoulders and due to miss timing the leap, stuck the right mit out and wheeled it in!. How good was Saad's first quarter of GVL Footy? he kicked six in the first q on Smiddy, and Connaughton, finished with 11 for the game.

I played ressies and came out of the change rooms at 1/4 time and he'd absolutely killed. We all had to drown our sorrows with a beer or 20.

Saad can play, but everyone get their ********ing dicks out of his ass. He couldnt make it the bullants so I highly doubt whether he will make it at essendon. Didnt do much in the finals series except take some spectacular marks. Sheedy wont take the punt.

I have played with saad a couple of times and he is probably the freakeist player that I have seen, the way he flies for every contest is unbelievable.
Also watch out for his twin sister Fifa Saad one of Australias best female soccer players.

Apparently a bloke sent a Saad Saad highlight DVD to all the AFL clubs for them to look at. Essendon invited him to train on the strength of what they saw in the DVD.

To look at the Saad Saad highlights DVD, go to :

http://www.news.mcmedia.com.au/

Both marks feature in the highlights packages. The one hander in the goal square is amazing.

bell_potter1 said:
Apparently a bloke sent a Saad Saad highlight DVD to all the AFL clubs for them to look at. Essendon invited him to train on the strength of what they saw in the DVD.

To look at the Saad Saad highlights DVD, go to :

http://www.news.mcmedia.com.au/

Both marks feature in the highlights packages. The one hander in the goal square is amazing.
really?? what was the name of the bloke that sent it in do ya know??

sorry, couldn't resist.

If this saad saad is so good, why is he playing bush footy and not afl. I heard anyone can get a kick in bush footy, just ask damien yze.

the grand final mark wasn't as good as everyone in here is making out. it was a great mark but hardly an 'almost footy legends' heat winner.