Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fossie32

• VitalDread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty comfortable second placing for topdog69,no shame comeing second to SoB, I think most would agree.
Now it's time to do the right thing and name the award after the mighty topdog.
The Topdog is the perfect name for the year's top poster - and it's nice to have a non-generic name for the award.

Congrats SOB

The Topdog is the perfect name for the year's top poster - and it's nice to have a non-generic name for the award.

Congrats SOB
Agree. The part I can't understand is the name for the award has been suggested,seconded and now you have thirded as a good idea yet there has been no feedback from the mods as to whether this will be happening or not happening.
I'd be more than happy to vote as to whether or not the POTY award should be named The Topdog.

Congratulations, sackofballs. Very well deserved.

Agree. The part I can't understand is the name for the award has been suggested,seconded and now you have thirded as a good idea yet there has been no feedback from the mods as to whether this will be happening or not happening.
I'd be more than happy to vote as to whether or not the POTY award should be named The Topdog.
Personally, I don't think it's a good idea. With all due respect to the man, and it is of course very sad if he has passed away, which looks likely (I only say likely because there hasn't been any confirmation, but yeah, very sad that it looks like he's gone), he wasn't a very prominent poster, and a large part of his "popularity" was from people making jokes about his rather out there personality. Why not the cammo78? Or the Leezzor? Both great posters who we sadly lost in the last couple of years who had been around for ages.
I don't think it's right to single someone out on top.

Just my opinion. Might seem insensitive to some, but that's how I see it.

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea. With all due respect to the man, and it is of course very sad if he has passed away, which looks likely (I only say likely because there hasn't been any confirmation, but yeah, very sad that it looks like he's gone), he wasn't a very prominent poster, and a large part of his "popularity" was from people making jokes about his rather out there personality. Why not the cammo78? Or the Leezzor? Both great posters who we sadly lost in the last couple of years who had been around for ages.

Fair enough. Good point.

Agree.

Fair call but TD did make some great posts at a place in time that is special to us all and his mangled use of the English language in many ways resonates with the background of many bulldog supporters too. He was also very resilient and never seemed to take offence when many would have. Giving him some legacy is not a slight on other posters either IMHO. Life is all about timing and TD had it in spades.

Some romance is never a bad thing.

Thanks for an explanation as that's all some were actually asking.
I disagree Topdog wasn't a prominent poster and believe the reasons for his popularity to be irrelevant. The facts are he was popular going by his clear second placing in this year's POTY award.
I did also suggest the award could be named after Cammo and would be more than happy for this to occur

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only just seen this thread, lel

A derserving winner, loved watching all the clips he put up out of his own time!

But because I wasn't even nominated but Scrag City was, I wish to cancel my account immediately
Now now mate, don't go throwing around rash statements like that ;)

Back