SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once this is all over and done, Lance Uppercut deserves some sort of trophy. Whilst I've done my best, but can't be bothered most of the time, he's consistently defended the club from some of the low life flogs that lurch on that board. He plays a better straight bat then Shane Watson could ever dream of (I guess that's not saying much though ;))
Surely he has to be on PED's.

The media are putrid! They keep recycling old articles to keep fueling the witch hunt! I've really had enough!!

The media are putrid! They keep recycling old articles to keep fueling the witch hunt! I've really had enough!!
Is it really that dificult to tune out until the report is released. You know you're only going to get frustrated - get a grip, man! :) An opinion by some hack dip-sh*t should not ruin your day.

Kinda makes you wonder though whether the AFL/EFC/ASADA knew about this stuff up with the AOD way back in Feb..

I tend to agree. If this is so, did the AFL force EFC's hand in calling in ASADA? If so then what information did the AFL receive to force the EFC to go down this path? In my opinion governance issues exists at alot more clubs then just at Essendon.

Is it really that dificult to tune out until the report is released. You know you're only going to get frustrated - get a grip, man! :) An opinion by some hack dip-sh*t should not ruin your day.

I've got a grip knackers! Thanks for your overwhelming concern :)

In my opinion governance issues exists at alot more clubs then just at Essendon.
It'd be a pretty safe assumption that all clubs have governance issues - it's just unfortunate that Essendon's resulted in 'questionable' practices with substances, as opposed to, say, 'questionable' player contract management or incompetence in recruiting.

I tend to agree. If this is so, did the AFL force EFC's hand in calling in ASADA? If so then what information did the AFL receive to force the EFC to go down this path? In my opinion governance issues exists at alot more clubs then just at Essendon.

I think other question is did AFL know what happened pre-Feb? I think they did, maybe around the time Dank and Hamilton left the club. If so why didn't they take any action then?

This guy is deluded Or high.
@ChrisStubbsFOX13h
AFL can punish EFC/Watson for 'bringing game into disrepute' regardless of ASADA. Cousins was banned under disrepute, never failed tests.

THEN this

@ChrisStubbsFOX13h
Cousins and Watson incomparable situations but shows AFL is a powerful beast and 'disrepute' is a very real means.

This guy is deluded Or high.
@ChrisStubbsFOX13h
AFL can punish EFC/Watson for 'bringing game into disrepute' regardless of ASADA. Cousins was banned under disrepute, never failed tests.

THEN this

@ChrisStubbsFOX13h
Cousins and Watson incomparable situations but shows AFL is a powerful beast and 'disrepute' is a very real means.
In fairness to this guy, the AFL can hand out punishments under the 'bringing the game into disrepute' clause even if we're completely exonerated by ASADA.

If ASADA exonerates us, it's a harder PR sell for the AFL if they want to hammer us , but the rule exists that allows the AFL to basically punish anyone it wants to.

At most, the AFL would hit us with a club-level punishment (fine and / or loss of draft picks) for the governance issues - the players would surely be safe if exonerated by ASADA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Allen on SEN following the Jake Niall lead by calling Essendon supporters naive.

Seriously Mark? Have you read the report? The one that's meant to be finalised in a week and a half?

The media harps on about 'any decision should be handed down before finals', 'surely the AFL can't let them play finals this year' crap. Constantly pre-empting the report and not giving the club the benefit of the doubt. I would think the integrity of the AFL and EFC and ASADA takes priority over some knee-jerk reaction that you're inciting the public to expect.

As much as it would ****ing suck, I'd prefer to be stripped during finals and know that the relevant bodies took the time they needed to get it right rather than rushing into a pressured decision.

heck me dead.

For the media, this saga is a gift that keeps on giving.

Every time they're stuck for something to say / write about the AFL, they can just go back to the well and write an opinion piece about the drugs saga.

Because ASADA have been in no great hurry, they've been able to do this for almost 6 months.

Mark Allen on SEN following the Jake Niall lead by calling Essendon supporters naive.

Seriously Mark? Have you read the report? The one that's meant to be finalised in a week and a half?

The media harps on about 'any decision should be handed down before finals', 'surely the AFL can't let them play finals this year' crap. Constantly pre-empting the report and not giving the club the benefit of the doubt. I would think the integrity of the AFL and EFC and ASADA takes priority over some knee-jerk reaction that you're inciting the public to expect.

As much as it would ******* suck, I'd prefer to be stripped during finals and know that the relevant bodies took the time they needed to get it right rather than rushing into a pressured decision.

heck me dead.

The blind leading the blind.

For the media, this saga is a gift that keeps on giving.

Every time they're stuck for something to say / write about the AFL, they can just go back to the well and write an opinion piece about the drugs saga.

Because ASADA have been in no great hurry, they've been able to do this for almost 6 months.

I know. What are they going to write about once this is over? They have created such a massive culture of speculation and rumour, how are they going to go back to just reporting games with the odd side show?

In fairness to this guy, the AFL can hand out punishments under the 'bringing the game into disrepute' clause even if we're completely exonerated by ASADA.

If ASADA exonerates us, it's a harder PR sell for the AFL if they want to hammer us , but the rule exists that allows the AFL to basically punish anyone it wants to.

At most, the AFL would hit us with a club-level punishment (fine and / or loss of draft picks) for the governance issues - the players would surely be safe if exonerated by ASADA.

They can, but I'd like to see how they justify punishing our club on field, if there is no onfield advantage gained. Thats when it ends in court. Fine us all they like, but if we did not cheat, they cant take points or picks as far as I'm concerned.

The AFL got a briefing from the ACC regarding the report they were about to hand down. The public version didn't name clubs but the classified one would have. It's been widely speculated that they tipped off Essendon after they saw the classified report. I think Essendon might have known there were problems with the program (they did eventually sack Dank after all) but probably were unaware of the potential extent of those problems.

Regardless of what EFC told the AFL re ASADA's advice when they were tipped off, it was always going to be better to get on the front foot with this. Reporters had been snooping around since september, they were always going to put two and two together and accuse EFC of being one of the clubs referred to in the report had we not come forward. Coming forward with the press conference gave us some degree of moral high ground, especially compared to the way the Sharks have conducted themselves so far.

I think other question is did AFL know what happened pre-Feb? I think they did, maybe around the time Dank and Hamilton left the club. If so why didn't they take any action then?

If I had to guess they probably knew there was a cutting edge supplement program but didn't know the details. I imagine when that meeting with Hird took place he would have told them there was no intention to break any rules.

I have no doubt that none of the officials at Essendon ever intended to breach any rules. If we are found to be in breach of the rules I'm certain it would be because Dank and Robinson sidelined Reid and did their own thing for a while. It wont matter much in terms of the punishments handed down (unless there is evidence of clear attempts by D&R to hide their activities from the club administration), but for me personally it will make a big difference to know that our mistake was hiring a couple of dickheads, and not actively trying to cheat the system.

I know. What are they going to write about once this is over? They have created such a massive culture of speculation and rumour, how are they going to go back to just reporting games with the odd side show?

They're probably dreading the handing down of the report. It's pretty telling when the alleged chief football writer of a major newspaper hasn't covered a single on field story this year.

This won't go away any time soon either, you can bet there will be hundreds of journalists trying to suss out Charters, or the compounding pharmacist, or Dank trying to get them to admit to something that will bring all this back in to the spotlight again.

There will still be a lot of "Unanswered questions" in the coming months. Just more negative media to make people wary of the club

I have no doubt that none of the officials at Essendon ever intended to breach any rules. If we are found to be in breach of the rules I'm certain it would be because Dank and Robinson sidelined Reid and did their own thing for a while. It wont matter much in terms of the punishments handed down (unless there is evidence of clear attempts by D&R to hide their activities from the club administration), but for me personally it will make a big difference to know that our mistake was hiring a couple of dickheads, and not actively trying to cheat the system.
This.

I find it hard to believe that Hird would knowingly cross the line, but much easier to believe that the sports science department was a bit reckless / cowboy-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back