News *Sally's bad week

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure th e AFLPA looks very favorably on the way Hawthorn has gone about the twilight years of Mitchell and Lewis' career. If that isn't in the best interests of the club going forward I'd be very surprised.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The off-field coaching staff still at Hawthorn know as much, if not more than Mitchell about on-ball play.
The question becomes whether it is better to have Mitchell on the field coaching them. That would be good,, I'm sure, but they would spend some of their time watching him rather than actually doing it themselves if he is on the field.

With him not there, they have to step up and do things that he would have done. To me that is a better teaching method.
Absolutely no substitute for playing alongside someone to learn. As a centre square and stoppage genius - we are talking alltime great of the comp - would have been brilliant for TMitch and JOM to play next to Sam for a year. That is alone worth holding onto him for given there was no cap pressure nor a lucrative trade offered to us. I cant cop the clubs decision with Sam. Lewis yes Sam no.

Absolutely no substitute for playing alongside someone to learn. As a centre square and stoppage genius - we are talking alltime great of the comp - would have been brilliant for TMitch and JOM to play next to Sam for a year. That is alone worth holding onto him for given there was no cap pressure nor a lucrative trade offered to us. I cant cop the clubs decision with Sam. Lewis yes Sam no.

Yes, but Hodge, Burgers and Gibbo aren't going to last much longer.
So the alternative to the Mitch/Lewis deals was to have 5 senior players go out at once at the end of next year, worse still, maybe after spending some time at Box Hill.

From what I understand, Clarko talked to all of them, Sammy and Lewis took it up.

I was shocked by it happening, but now I accept it had to be done. This way we get a couple of good young players, and also allow some of our younger players to have some game time.

I looked at like voluntary redundancies. You offer it to a group of employees and let them decide if they will take it up. When you do that it can be better for morale but you can't control who leaves and you might lose the guys you most wanted to keep.
Hawks may have preferred Mitch and or Lewis to stay and others they offered the same deal to go instead but that's not the way it worked out.

It's going to be a long year. An article like this from 'Sally' will come up after every loss. And if we miss the 8 there will be more buyer's regret hit pieces than you can count on five hands.

It's going to be a long year. An article like this from 'Sally' will come up after every loss. And if we miss the 8 there will be more buyer's regret hit pieces than you can count on five hands.
We gotta get through delistings and drafts. Then we can start imagining best 22, looking forward to who is burning up the track and having their best preseason ever.
Who is going to break out in 2017, who will kick more goals out of Gunners Sizzle punky sis spider and TV

Lots of good stuff to look forward to.

I agree and would have much preferred Sam to pass on his knowledge internally than with another club. The one thing I keep hearing about JOM though is that he is the consummate professional, so we at least bring in someone that will set a high standard, keeping the bar raised high for all others to follow. Even though we don't get to continue passing the baton from Crawf to Sammy to Jaeger, it would seem Jaegs is already the bomb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree and would have much preferred Sam to pass on his knowledge internally than with another club. The one thing I keep hearing about JOM though is that he is the consummate professional, so we at least bring in someone that will set a high standard, keeping the bar raised high for all others to follow. Even though we don't get to continue passing the baton from Crawf to Sammy to Jaeger, it would seem Jaegs is already the bomb.
It is probably fair to say that Jaeger would of learnt a fair bit about clearance work off a reasonably decent midfielder in his time at G.C. . Maybe not the Hawthorn way but a pretty fair lesson none the less .

And no I don't mean Prestia ,swallow or rischatelli

I think we need to be fair dinkum here - JOM & TOM didn't get here by accident or sheer talent alone. Whilst older heads might help with 'the Hawthorn way/system' and providing welcome the fact is if you are teaching football to footballers at age 23 - something is wrong. Like the 2008 Hawks - these guys will make their own history.

giphy.gif

Well I can relate to how Sally feels, even if she is made up. My emotional investment has dropped a bit. I think the article does represent how some fans feel. Yes, I understand that hard nosed decisions have to be made but I am disappointed I will be seeing Sammy in a WCE jumper next year and Jordan in a Demons one and I'm not going to pretend I'm not. Can't believe offloading those two was the best option.
Thing is Sammy wanted to go..for his coaching future. He will be back one day

Think Jordan was pushed.

So it is a bit sad there are lots of Sally's out there

Was she the poster from mount happiness that was cousins to the Scott brothers??? What ever happened to her?

She received a ban, of a somewhat permanent nature. A permaban, if you will.

We should be proud, when it comes to click bait, there is nothing like Hawthorn at the moment. We are admired, hated, despised and envied. We appeal to most emotions for a paper, so we are good click bait. We ARE the tall poppy, we ARE the Goliath. Great place to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back