Sam Michell Tells West Coast to GAGF

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you sure he is not the only one with daddy issues?
We'll Clarko shows all those "daddy walked out and I spent my childhood picking on my mum" traits, actually looks like a pretty common Hawthorn thing, edgy racism, [booo], entitled to umpire favouritism, "I hate my step dad, I'd kill him except...[mumble mumble]'', lashing out at the drop of a hat types.

Bucks is the guy who wants to please his dad, does all the homework, gets A's when he can, studied every coaching course, but a bit too internally focussed. Not sure if you recall but he was made captain way too early (a bit like Hird, for different reasons) and was s**t at it. He'd be swearing at himself for tiny errors and it came across like he was ripping his team mates on the field. Took him five years to become just average. Hird was a genius, his hands were magic, and he had an ego to match. Maybe he was arrogant but at times he as good as he acted. I think Bucks became a very good player because he thought he wasn't one.

Its taken longer for him to stop alienating most of his players as a coach, as Stan Alves observed he has low emotional intelligence, but has learned basic skills by sheer hard work. This year is pretty much the first year the team has been following the game plan, most of the players love him because he's dedicated and honest but he has only just come to a coaching skill level where he can direct the team as an entity. Some blokes seem to be born with it, as much as I don't like Clarkson as a player he's an amazing coach, still the best, and has improved his team and the individuals in it through his brilliant direction outside and inside matches. We joke about Tom Mitchell but he was a lopsided liability at Sydney and now you're trolling the comp with him, Clarkson has tweaked him into a very effective player. He's just another example of Clarkson's ability in that area, but he's good at all of it.

My guess is Mitchell could be a good coach, I think he worked to become a great player and may be able to transmit that. You'd think Hodge is the better "natural leader" but brilliant captains don't always make brilliant coaches eg Tony Shaw. Clarkson was no leader on the field, so you never know.

We'll Clarko shows all those "daddy walked out and I spent my childhood picking on my mum" traits, actually looks like a pretty common Hawthorn thing, edgy racism, [booo], entitled to umpire favouritism, "I hate my step dad, I'd kill him except...[mumble mumble]'', lashing out at the drop of a hat types.

Bucks is the guy who wants to please his dad, does all the homework, gets A's when he can, studied every coaching course, but a bit too internally focussed. Not sure if you recall but he was made captain way too early (a bit like Hird, for different reasons) and was s**t at it. He'd be swearing at himself for tiny errors and it came across like he was ripping his team mates on the field. Took him five years to become just average. Hird was a genius, his hands were magic, and he had an ego to match. Maybe he was arrogant but at times he as good as he acted. I think Bucks became a very good player because he thought he wasn't one.

Its taken longer for him to stop alienating most of his players as a coach, as Stan Alves observed he has low emotional intelligence, but has learned basic skills by sheer hard work. This year is pretty much the first year the team has been following the game plan, most of the players love him because he's dedicated and honest but he has only just come to a coaching skill level where he can direct the team as an entity. Some blokes seem to be born with it, as much as I don't like Clarkson as a player he's an amazing coach, still the best, and has improved his team and the individuals in it through his brilliant direction outside and inside matches. We joke about Tom Mitchell but he was a lopsided liability at Sydney and now you're trolling the comp with him, Clarkson has tweaked him into a very effective player. He's just another example of Clarkson's ability in that area, but he's good at all of it.

My guess is Mitchell could be a good coach, I think he worked to become a great player and may be able to transmit that. You'd think Hodge is the better "natural leader" but brilliant captains don't always make brilliant coaches eg Tony Shaw. Clarkson was no leader on the field, so you never know.
Wow that’s a long post to pour the whole heart out, why not just say “Collingwood are our bitches” then we would know what you were talking about.

Hawks rule. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Sweetie I was chatting with one of the grown ups about Bucks, not you. Your join date and vulgar inability to form a basic post indicate you're easy meat, but I didn't expect you to be this easy, and I have been unfair. I apologise for being so hard on you. Godspeed little fella.
That's even worse. Embarrassing. Just a white flag really.

Maybe something more offensive next post.

Wow that’s a long post to pour the whole heart out, why not just say “Collingwood are our bitches” then we would know what you were talking about.

Hawks rule. :thumbsu:

Ruled. The wheel turns, and you were our bitches longer.

That's even worse. Embarrassing. Just a white flag really.

Maybe something more offensive next post.
Its OK son, I will give you all the validation you need, and one day you will be able to post without tears.

Ruled. The wheel turns, and you were our bitches longer.

Its OK son, I will give you all the validation you need, and one day you will be able to post without tears.
Validation, tears. Now getting quite deep.

Still awful. A lot of Hawthorn pain in this one.

hmm no. Hawthorn haunts you. Will do so for a long time. Gives us great joy.
You're keeping yourself on a short leash here. I'm glad you're able to come back to your safe space like this but I'm concerned you're becoming dependent on this sort of validation to get through shorter and shorter periods. That's not healthy, and that's not making you better.

I want you to try to go for a day, or longer if you can, before you come running back to me.

You're keeping yourself on a short leash here. I'm glad you're able to come back to your safe space like this but I'm concerned you're becoming dependent on this sort of validation to get through shorter and shorter periods. That's not healthy, and that's not making you better.

I want you to try to go for a day, or longer if you can, before you come running back to me.
Deep analysis. You're invested in this.

The pain is real.

This seems to be a relatively well constructed, thought out and almost insightful post. Why you wasted it in Bay13 I've no idea. Idiot.

And Mitchell can GAGF absolute capaigner of the highest order, thanks for nothing.

Deep analysis. You're invested in this.

The pain is real.
You're worth it because even the least of us is worth it, and I acknowledge your pain is real. We will get you through this. Its how we treat the weakest of the Bay's community that defines us.
This seems to be a relatively well constructed, thought out and almost insightful post. Why you wasted it in Bay13 I've no idea. Idiot...

I was hoping a friendly rival would flick me a line of coke as a reward. :thumbsu:

And Mitchell can GAGF absolute capaigner of the highest order, thanks for nothing.
Well he's no Gaff, but yes, still a campaigner...

You're worth it because even the least of us is worth it, and I acknowledge your pain is real. We will get you through this. Its how we treat the weakest of the Bay's community that defines us.

I was hoping a friendly rival would flick me a line of coke as a reward. :thumbsu:

Well he's no Gaff, but yes, still a campaigner...
Very philosophical. You can reflect on this pain, I like where this is going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back