SBFFL Player Movement and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm fair enough, so there’s not a whole lot of point trying to save your position on the waiver wire then
We don't know - it depends how many people try and use the waiver period each week. Chances are there will be less than 3 breakout players in any weekend - will we have more than 3 teams go for those players?

I've no idea. I also don't know how going for multiple payers works. Can I go for 3 rfa's using the same player to be delisted and the first one I win I get and the rest fall away? If so I'll be much more likely to go for a list of players of a Monday, and waiver position will still be important. If I can't I'll be likely to just go for one.

It means there is still an option for the first player on the waivers list to pick up emergency cover without blowing their position, but potentially the importance of the position is lessened.

I have my doubts on the free agent free for all, but we'll give it a go as people were concerned about the alternative of not being able to field required positions without it.

Yes the first one that wins and then the rest falls away.

Process of putting in multiple waover requests:

Say you want to pick up players x, y and z.
And are willing to drop players a, b and c.

I’d personally go x for a.
Then y for a, and y for b (incase x for a goes through).
Then z for a, z for b, z for c (incase a and b have been dropped).

I had cases of 12-15 waivers sometimes in NFL in one week, but the players are far more volatile and there’s a lot more worthy free agents in the league I play in.

Hope the process makes sense!

OK so I probably should have asked this before I did it but honestly it completely slipped my mind. I've just Dropped Starcevich for James Stewart. I just remembered the rule about not delisting zero gamers before the start of the season. Did that apply to just the players picked up in the rookie draft or zero gamers across the board?

OK so I probably should have asked this before I did it but honestly it completely slipped my mind. I've just Dropped Starcevich for James Stewart. I just remembered the rule about not delisting zero gamers before the start of the season. Did that apply to just the players picked up in the rookie draft or zero gamers across the board?
just the three rookies

Another of my ex's, why I oughta.....

I think the principle should be that prior to season start you should have at least 3 rookie draft eligible players on your list. Lets not get too het up as to how you came upon them. On that basis I'd assume you're fine - haven't looked.

I also personally think that if you're trading them for value (not delisting) then that's fine too. I think we want to prevent dumping low grade rookies before season start, but if people are desperate to get hold of a particular rookie to trade I don't see why the owner shouldn't be allowed to.

Yes the first one that wins and then the rest falls away.

Process of putting in multiple waover requests:

Say you want to pick up players x, y and z.
And are willing to drop players a, b and c.

I’d personally go x for a.
Then y for a, and y for b (incase x for a goes through).
Then z for a, z for b, z for c (incase a and b have been dropped).

I had cases of 12-15 waivers sometimes in NFL in one week, but the players are far more volatile and there’s a lot more worthy free agents in the league I play in.

Hope the process makes sense!
upload_2018-3-13_15-48-58.png

Apologies! What I wrote was stupidly confusing.

Process of putting in multiple waiver requests:

Say you want to pick up: Steven, Ross and Armitage.
And are willing to drop players in order: Gilbert, Weller and Geary.

I’d personally go:
1. Steven for Gilbert.
2. Ross for Gilbert.
3. Armitage for Gilbert.
4. Ross for Weller. (Incase Gilbert’s already been dropped)
5. Armitage for Weller.
6. Armitage for Geary. (Incase Weller’s been dropped).

Best case scenario:
Steven for Gilbert, Ross for Weller, and Armitage for Geary go through.

Hopefully that makes more sense!

I would advocate for unlimited trades up to the start of the season (or a designated round) but once the season starts teams should be considered as finalised and waiver acquisitions should be capped at 10 per team for the year using UF settings. That's 100 possible player exchanges over the course of the year, and it would make coaches think twice about dropping someone and bringing a player in. I would also lock teams from Round 20 to prevent wholesale changes leading into a finals series, and prevent bottom teams from making speculative changes based on predictions for 2019.

If a team is unduly affected by injury then we may be able to relax the rules. But generally speaking the need to be strategic around the use of the waiver wire is good for the game I think.

I would advocate for unlimited trades up to the start of the season (or a designated round) but once the season starts teams should be considered as finalised and waiver acquisitions should be capped at 10 per team for the year using UF settings. That's 100 possible player exchanges over the course of the year, and it would make coaches think twice about dropping someone and bringing a player in. I would also lock teams from Round 20 to prevent wholesale changes leading into a finals series, and prevent bottom teams from making speculative changes based on predictions for 2019.

If a team is unduly affected by injury then we may be able to relax the rules. But generally speaking the need to be strategic around the use of the waiver wire is good for the game I think.
I like the idea of capping it for the season, but 10 is far too low IMO, 20-30 would be what I’d like (at least 1 per round). Be interesting to hear others thoughts. It also keeps it interesting being able to work the waivers week in, week out.

I disagree on locking the waiver wire. I wouldn’t have won the first season if I wasn’t able to pick up Jason Holmes for the GF. I do see your query about making predictive changes for 2019, but no ones done that previously (it’s a sneaky idea tho).

Last edited:
Another of my ex's, why I oughta.....

I think the principle should be that prior to season start you should have at least 3 rookie draft eligible players on your list. Lets not get too het up as to how you came upon them. On that basis I'd assume you're fine - haven't looked.

I also personally think that if you're trading them for value (not delisting) then that's fine too. I think we want to prevent dumping low grade rookies before season start, but if people are desperate to get hold of a particular rookie to trade I don't see why the owner shouldn't be allowed to.
Too easy, glad it's all clear. I only did the swap because my GF's are dropping like flies so needed someone who will actually be playing round 1!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do we nom players? Interested in cam ellis yolmen as a FA
All platers Are RFA as the round has started.
To make a claim go thru the players market screen. to select the player you are interested in click the pink coloured square.
uf for pet.PNG
the system then takes you to the signing page. You make the claim nominating a player to drop. the System will then save the claim, only you can see it on the my team page and when the waiver period ends it automatically appoints the player to the team with the lowest RFA rank.
Hope this helps.
CEY is current owned

Remove this Banner Ad

Back