Scharenberg ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

Its threads like this that show the true sprite of football.

830783253_tp.jpg

Shocking luck for Scharenberg after he found his niche in the Magpies team during 2015.

Wish him all the best in his recovery and really hoping we don't have another Morabito, Menzel, Johnson, Smith story on our hands here. Too good a player to not play more than half a season at AFL level

Poor lad. And the good knee too. This one will have a worse rehab as the other is injured and it's already deconditioned before the injury.

I bet he's in a black place. One acl you could hope was just a normal accident, two I reckon you feel really like a victim.
Hope all goes well for the kid from here, and hope he shows us his determination and mettle from here.

Poor lad. And the good knee too. This one will have a worse rehab as the other is injured and it's already deconditioned before the injury.

I bet he's in a black place. One acl you could hope was just a normal accident, two I reckon you feel really like a victim.
Hope all goes well for the kid from here, and hope he shows us his determination and mettle from here.
Redoing the bung knee would have been worse, mentally, because it refuels the doubt it'll never recover 100%. At least this way he has no reason to distrust his first damaged knee, so gives him some confidence in the other as well.

Silver lining and all that.

I reckon you always won't trust a knee that snapped, especially as they only get back to about 80% strength and you just snapped the good one at 100%. About 40% of reconstructions snap in the next few years. You've now got that on both sides.

Also rehab would be nuts. You've gotta stop your rehab of the injured knee for half a year because the other one is now done. When you finally get to rehab you won't have a good leg to trust and do the work with as you ease onto the bad one. The old injury will be massively deconditioned after 2 years.

I've smashed a shoulder repeatedly. I'd smash the bad one again a million times over the good one. I imagine that might translate to knees.

Scharenberg will be playing his first senior game in something 630 days.

Has averaged 36 possessions over the last 3 weeks in the VFL.

Nice to have a good news story in football every once in a while.

Hope the kid gets an uninterrupted run at AFL level to show his talent.

Scharenberg will be playing his first senior game in something 630 days.

Has averaged 36 possessions over the last 3 weeks in the VFL.

Nice to have a good news story in football every once in a while.

Hope the kid gets an uninterrupted run at AFL level to show his talent.
Glad he has got his body right. Just hope he has a s**t game this week. After that not so fussed.

Jeez I hope he does well, one of those very rare occasions ill be cheering on a Pie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Presumed the worst when the thread got bumped.

Good luck to the guy, really quality junior player who unfortunately has been cut down by injury early in his senior career. I really hope he can get a good run at it now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back