Scientology in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Another article on scientology in australia

it appears that there are only 1700 who want to partake of this scheme and yet it has over $300m in assets. The key point of this tax avoidance and mind control scam is that it is designated a religion by the tax dept and escapes tax.

The problem to me is that more mainstream "religions" are like the gun lobby in the US. They want such a broad definition of what constitutes a religion that just any form of nonsense can meet the criteria if enough well-connected people want it to be so.

As the article says " If the High Court had not classed it as a religion in 1983 it would be one of the country’s more successful mid-sized businesses. "

I would tend to argue otherwise and it's the tax-free status that has driven its growth. As I said previously, I'm not fussed about the welfare of the people involved, although the welfare of their children who are brought up in this nonsense, is another matter.

It's just another example of where you draw the line in a society that is supposed to maximise freedoms for the individual. The glaring problem is religion should not be tax-free, if it involves making money. I can be tax-free if I make a decision to worship a beer can and I can be tax-free if I invent all sorts of behaviour to worship that can. I might even remain tax-free if i introduce my friends and family to such worship. However, when I start selling stuff and making money out of my scheme, I should pay tax. To make exceptions breaks down the integrity of the system - just like any other form of tax avoidance.

Keep saying it, you're far to lenient on scientology with its false equivalence Christianity, Islam etc.

It s more overt psychological bullying especially of kids and shoots straight for the hip pocket and unlike other religions they want it all, every last cent, until your not putting food on the table for your kids and then you're still not doing enough and they want more.

It should be closed down in all countries especially this one.

******* liberal party, I'd expect alp would do the right thing.

Keep saying it, you're far to lenient on scientology with its false equivalence Christianity, Islam etc.

It s more overt psychological bullying especially of kids and shoots straight for the hip pocket and unlike other religions they want it all, every last cent, until your not putting food on the table for your kids and then you're still not doing enough and they want more.

It should be closed down in all countries especially this one.

******* liberal party, I'd expect alp would do the right thing.

I dont disagree but its a fine line of protecting people from themselves. I dont feel too much sympathy for people who lose money on investment schemes that presented to them as once in a lifetime opportunities.

And another thing is that Catholicism has wrecked a lot more kids..

But let's just attack the obvious in the first instance. It's less of a religion than barracking for the Pies....and pie members cant claim a write-off for their memberships

I just had a quick look at the high court decision that scientology was a religion.... I think that with a few adjustments we might re-organise AFL into a religion...

we might have to define Gil as our god... or even gary ablett snr....attribute some story about him being a traveller from space etc.

The Greek Orthodox Church is having a helluva party in Australia. If anyone read the ABC report on this crowd, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Taking care of the oldies is a goldmine. No one complains if you dont feed them. There isn't a RSPCO (Oldies). You can forget about taking care of them during the pandemic, which explains why GOC was responsible for the biggest outbreak so far in one of its homes.

But better still, you can claim assistance from the federal government and then channel all the profits back to the church and buy harbourside realestate for the head honcho.... no i'm not kidding.

And they get to pay no tax while they're doing it.

I was just thinking which scam I would choose if I could, running a church or running a large multinational like google. You could argue the first because churches "legitmately" dont pay tax. Jeff probably has to pay off the politicians to set up the system for him.

People might ask me why I'm so cynical about the system. I'm flabbergasted that everyone isn't cynical about it.

I know that I should feel sorry for the Greek orthodox believers who are also supporting the lavish lifestyles of their el supremo in Australia. I don't. They should be walking out the door.

All religions use brainwashing, theres no difference between volcano aliens and a sky wizard who impregnates a virgin with a magical baby
Sure, but some are straight up Ponzi schemes, and others operate more like the tax system that they themselves try to remain immune to.

The Greek Orthodox Church is having a helluva party in Australia. If anyone read the ABC report on this crowd, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Taking care of the oldies is a goldmine. No one complains if you dont feed them. There isn't a RSPCO (Oldies). You can forget about taking care of them during the pandemic, which explains why GOC was responsible for the biggest outbreak so far in one of its homes.

But better still, you can claim assistance from the federal government and then channel all the profits back to the church and buy harbourside realestate for the head honcho.... no i'm not kidding.

And they get to pay no tax while they're doing it.

I was just thinking which scam I would choose if I could, running a church or running a large multinational like google. You could argue the first because churches "legitmately" dont pay tax. Jeff probably has to pay off the politicians to set up the system for him.

People might ask me why I'm so cynical about the system. I'm flabbergasted that everyone isn't cynical about it.

I know that I should feel sorry for the Greek orthodox believers who are also supporting the lavish lifestyles of their el supremo in Australia. I don't. They should be walking out the door.

I never worship or idolise those involved in the Church or the Collingwood FC.

I light my candle.. I say my prayers.. and walk out. Helps me live a good life. That will never stop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back