News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs agreed with Hayes, expecting Port Adelaide to come back strong from a somewhat underwhelming 2022.

“To have Scotty back in, his ruck craft is unbelievable, he’ll give this new, young, exciting midfield a lot of first looks at the ball around the stoppages, he’s going to help this team jump significantly in 2023,” he said.

“He’ll be a massive inclusion, Scotty Lycett, there’s no doubt about that.”

His ruck craft is good compared to just not playing a ruckman at all. Baffling comment otherwise.

Nobody has watched a port game in years have they...

When Hartlett was our medical sub against Gold Coast midway through last year, all the talk was how well we must be travelling if Hartlett can only get in as the medical sub when the fact was he was horribly out of form and his career was all but finished.

Reminds me of circa 2018 with opposition fans offering advice such as, “Kenny is too attacking. He needs to develop a defensive side”, as we were being served up some of the most mindnumbingly dour and futile footy this side of Ross Lyon and Paul Roos.

When Hartlett was our medical sub against Gold Coast midway through last year, all the talk was how well we must be travelling if Hartlett can only get in as the medical sub when the fact was he was horribly out of form and his career was all but finished.

Reminds me of circa 2018 with opposition fans offering advice such as, “Kenny is too attacking. He needs to develop a defensive side”, as we were being served up some of the most mindnumbingly dour and futile footy this side of Ross Lyon and Paul Roos.
And they are supposed to be professional 🙄🙄🙄

I don't think they do, I remember Tom Jonas getting a huge wrap from Brereton (ok it was Dermie so some excuse for that) in a game some years back when his form had been on the ordinary side of very ordinary for about a month, and he was dropped to the SANFL not long after.

It's probably a lack of interest as much as a lack of knowledge, but he isn't the only Vic based `expert' who continually overlook the form slumps of interstate based players.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbs agreed with Hayes, expecting Port Adelaide to come back strong from a somewhat underwhelming 2022.

“To have Scotty back in, his ruck craft is unbelievable, he’ll give this new, young, exciting midfield a lot of first looks at the ball around the stoppages, he’s going to help this team jump significantly in 2023,” he said.

“He’ll be a massive inclusion, Scotty Lycett, there’s no doubt about that.”

The fact that in the 5 games he played before being injured he got absolutely humiliated by every ruckman he came up against..

They have, they just get neuralyzer'ed after every loss.
sas3xfvcnvr71.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back