Scott Thompson (Crows)

Remove this Banner Ad

IF it was just as a coach. sure.... but at 33 and slowing why would Melb do it?? with the mids they have!!
He'd probably be a good role model for the young mids we have.

How would you feel if Collingwood or Hawthorn offered Rory Sloane a six year deal on $450K per year, into a three year coaching contract of $1M per year?

I know that's an extreme example, but it's where we'll likely end up if the AFL doesn't put a stop to it.

Is there a reason the Crows can't match the offer?
If they want to pay an untried assistant $1M a year, they'll have to deal with the fallout from their members. I think it would be a dumb business decision, but I still wouldn't have a problem with it per se.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Got a feeling the media has got this one wrong and Melbourne are keen on him for coaching role

Whether that means they rookie list him for a year and he plays in case of emergency well that would be an option

But no need for him to play if all the Melb mids are up and going

JD Tomahawk

Cancelled
SFA Good Friday Appeal Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 17, 2015
Wimmera
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boro
Wouldn't matter if he had one leg he would still be way to valuable for the Dees to pass up. The knowledge he would bring is huge. Plus into coaching for 2018 or 19 worth it to have him at the club. I don't think he is cooked. We say that about most of the oldies and they bounce back for one last crack. Could be a premiership demon who knows

Theo X

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
East Wedderburn Trugo Club
Wouldn't matter if he had one leg he would still be way to valuable for the Dees to pass up. The knowledge he would bring is huge. Plus into coaching for 2018 or 19 worth it to have him at the club. I don't think he is cooked. We say that about most of the oldies and they bounce back for one last crack. Could be a premiership demon who knows
He already had his bounce back after looking cooked several years ago. He's done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back