Sea Kayaker bumps off Evans (in his inimitable half informed useless way)

Remove this Banner Ad

....,"the view outside to the stadium and the covered playing surface below".
Does he mean the roof?.
Or coveted?.

I’ve never really bought the lack of governance line — from what I had already learnt and what I have learnt since, the program, which appeared to me to be legal, was pretty well documented for a performance-enhancement program in sport.
hat Essendon had done was better documented than what I had seen in cycling, I had seen the records of a few doping programs in Europe and used some in my PhD thesis. The Essendon program had much better-informed and consenting athletes compared to what I had seen in cycling and to things I had learnt recently about programs run within swimming in Australia.
This is clearly the more startling admission. Hardie has 2 bits of information;
1 - There was documentation that he has seen and read, which presumably, would clear the players.
2 - Something that amounts to hearsay.

Which one does he think is more important? You would hate for this bloke to be your lawyer.

I'm half tempted to purchase the Sea Kayakers tome.
Please don't, it only encourages him. Who wants more of that name dropping, big noting, stream-of-consciousness twaddle from a self proclaimed but pseudo expert.

I still don't really get why anyone took this guy or anything he says seriously.
No doubt in my mind that he's not wrong about Evans throwing Hird under the bus; the question is whether the motivation was more about trying to mitigate damage for Essendon, or save his own arse.
Agree about Evans, but I lean towards mitigating damage for Essendon. Once Evans was gone, Little & the Golden one ran a much more aggressive defence, that certainly didn't involve any buses for Hirdy - except of course, as the driver.

PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING​

WARNING - DO NOT LOOK AT THE NEXT POST BY PERCEL
IT IS TOO DISTURBING

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh he's writing a book, goody, that will be a wonderful read won't it
Perhaps we can hire him to read it out loud to us. Syllable count per word should be pretty low.

I think people are missing the really important question: does the book start with really horribly written prose about inclement weather conditions?
The sea was angry that day, my friends...

The_Marine_Biologist.jpg

I still don't really get why anyone took this guy or anything he says seriously.

No doubt in my mind that he's not wrong about Evans throwing Hird under the bus; the question is whether the motivation was more about trying to mitigate damage for Essendon, or save his own arse.

Maybe, in fact most likely, it's a combination of the two.

However, Hardie is a goofball.

I despise Hird but this is true. It's why, in a sane world, they both should have just resigned almost immediately.

Martin Hardie. Just lol.

whilst I have zero time or respect for Martin Hardie I have long considered this story to be illuminating with respect to Hird's fury at being thrown under the bus by Evans; not - as most seem to think - the other way round
Nobody could throw Hird under the bus. Hird has always been the bus driver. He drives over them.

I know its pretty irrelevant, but I just love the opening sentence:

"During that time when it seemed former Essendon chairman David Evans was wanting out in 2013, I had travelled to Arnhem Land to attend the funeral of an old friend, the singer from the band Yothu Yindi."

He's an old friend who you don't even dignify with a name, just big note that he was someone famous.

Apologies to the traditional owners of the land for being a culturally insensitive prick. Apologies also to Merkin Herdy and his Barcelona designed denim ensemble.

Dank-Hardie-Medium-19-September-20141-610x435.jpg

"Good gear you're wearing there, Martin."
Dank's tie looks like it has come straight out of his pocket. Hardie wearing the Juan Farkall hoodie makes sense - just another loser.

I like the way Martin's big reveal is that Evans knew the program was on.

Ya reckon?

Evans who wrote a character reference for Charter. Evans who was at the meeting with Hird, Dank and Weapon where the plan was hatched out.

Evans who like old (ex) m8 Hird has, or at least had, an oddly youthful glow to his visage.
nothing like newbold, if it was a question of skin, the security meatheads would be screening him for ID at Geebung Polo Club before Sam Mitchell gets in a tiff with someone...

i love polo, me and the mclachlans. did I tell you, I used to ride my horse to school?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back