GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

dont mind St Albans - neutral ground, central to most clubs and always a good deck. most other grouds this time of year are mudheaps.
StAlbans is a neutral ground but I would love to know how much the GDFL are paying StAlbans F.C to play finals there.. I believe that Geelong West oval should be the place for the GDFL instead of spending all the money to a GFL club.... Invest the money in getting the surface of blue west oval upto a level it should be ( and yes I know Geelong west is a GFL club) but they have good netball courts as well... Maybe the council move the bike track to blue west old oval improve the facilities at Western oval and create a great complex for finals footy...

It's great to get a new team in the finals, good chance to win as well. West oval should definitely be the venue for the finals but unfortunately with Buckleys around the corner it is more of a financial decision I am guessing

Hopefully the Belmont Lions move on and get a coach with some Geelong connections, recruiting has been non existent in the last 3 years

Who has won the Club best and fairest,
Whitley favourites?
North- Fitzsimons - Kee- (smokey)
West- Wall- Sims
BPH - Whitney - Tobin
Winch - Bonner- Donald( smokey)
Werribee- Cassidy
Corio- ?
East - Johnstone
Thompson- Forbes
Anakie- Richetts
Lions- ?

Thoughts on yesterday's game against BPH and East? congrats to BPH, hopefully Grgic knee is not to bad... And the res game against Corio and Werriibee do believe one Corio reserve players has been reported which will put him over the maximum games of suspionsions... Disappointing crowd numbers mainly due to Geelong playing at home I think....

Thoughts on yesterday's game against BPH and East? congrats to BPH, hopefully Grgic knee is not to bad... And the res game against Corio and Werriibee do believe one Corio reserve players has been reported which will put him over the maximum games of suspionsions... Disappointing crowd numbers mainly due to Geelong playing at home I think....

Was quite a bizarre incident during the reserves wasn't it. Wouldn't be much chance of getting off. East really could of put bph to the sword early with scoreboard pressure but wasn't to be. Comfortably over run in the end, few players having a crack at the ball. Johnson before first ball is bounced targets the smallest bph backman and whacks him in the guts. Wonder if he would do that to someone like barton. Number 61 also has a very big mouth for someone who pulled out numerous times. Fernandez did a great job in the guts on tobin and sponzer found alot of goal scoring chances left to rue. While dyl Witney had a real good game for bph. Any news on grgic and challis injuries?

it was Luke Parker that got Urquhart before the bounce from behind. Class act.

Fernandez did a cracking job on Tobin, put him off his game.

grgic was walking around Sunday at the 2's game - got cleared from Hospital with nothing serious so we will see how he goes...

it was Luke Parker that got Urquhart before the bounce from behind. Class act.

Fernandez did a cracking job on Tobin, put him off his game.

grgic was walking around Sunday at the 2's game - got cleared from Hospital with nothing serious so we will see how he goes...

My apologies Johnson, unsure how I got that mixed up. So Grgic is a chance to get up maybe? Why did holzfiend miss?

Paper reported challis likely to play this week, which is needed as east are a slow looking outfit without him firing. Winch might be a sneaky chance after somewhat of an upset against weribee. I thought Josh boumann was done for the year?

Is it time for the umpires to not give votes? Maybe a league rep goes to each game and does votes because some of these are a disgrace. Let alone the team of the year. How can a league run so well "forget" to email the coaches to get there team of the year so instead they ask the commentators who are as biast as they get and league official who go off last names...
Lovell and wood toty .. How?? Addie missed alot of footy, and id much rather mcnamara in defence. No donald no witney GDFL have lost the plot.
Any news on the kee investigation? Should be 2 good games this weekend. Really looking forward to watching norths young running brigade on the big st albans oval.

Holzy was out with manflu, which is weird because he has the body of an 11 year old boy.

Grg will be 50/50 i reckon.

massive get for Tobes, great player - D Witney stiff though.

first 2 rounds Winch get beat, but get the 3 and 2 votes off the umps? time for a change.

Matt walson very unlucky not to be given rookie of the year! Barely missed a game for centrals and I think he finished 5th in there b'n'f.

What a joke, something needs to be changed, donald in for mawson, whitney in for lovell, mcnamarra in for johnson
Clark missed 8 games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt walson very unlucky not to be given rookie of the year! Barely missed a game for centrals and I think he finished 5th in there b'n'f.
Matt very stiff as he had the highest votes in league B&F with 8 for the rookies, nothing against the young fella that won it but he played 11 games and 16 goals not a bad return, but he was in his teams best twice and polled 1 gdfl vote. i have found other rookies that have crapped all over the winner re team best, goals kicked and gdfl votes scored. but in the end with 8 votes for a rookie Matt was very stiff, typical GDFL

Bizza- north in extra time, east by 10 goals...
Jovannavic and holzfiend huge in's. grgic a loss, north with out bryant helps yous big time. Should be a belter of a game.
Looks like my advice on not havin tarr in the team earlier this thread was noticed.

Jovannavic and holzfiend huge in's. grgic a loss, north with out bryant helps yous big time. Should be a belter of a game.
Looks like my advice on not havin tarr in the team earlier this thread was noticed.

i think you could make a case for Tarr on the big ground. saw on saturday that a strong marking forward does wonders when you have space to put the ball inside 50 - Addie proved that. Tarrys problem is we have had a luxury of tall marking options with the others being more mobile and versatile - Barton, Jovana, Grg, Popovic, Wood, and Addie can play both ends of the ground

Bit rich east by 10, the drums are beating in winch, kitchen back to winch as player and reserves coach strong mail!

When is bryant back & does he come straight back in

North by 32
If east want win the have to shut down Mackenzies run & Van Klosters intercept marks.. If they can do that it will go a long way but I think winchs talls will be to good. Winch by 12

Good get by winch to get Kitchen back, top bloke & will slot right back in down at the blues

Will it be the old heads of fursland martin jovanovic lymer grgic? Or the young legs of wright watts eels miller parker?
Clearly the older heads handleded the situation better than Norths young guys..... On that game BPH will win the flag... On next sat game I think it will be a good game but North will just get up.... In the res North will win the flag against BPH...

Does anybody think there will be something other than bph v north geelong in both seniors and reserve grade? Bph bullied north on Saturday. Didn't give them an inch when they had possession. The upside for north is I'm not sure bph can reproduce such a brilliant display in 2 weeks time.

Also found it very surprising to see Fitzsimmons in the best players in today's addy. His output seemed to be well down on usual to my eyes. Looked as though he was being closely watched by 24 from bph (fantella?)

Great season from Winchelsea and hopefully they stay up and around the 5 next season and don't drop away.

Does anybody think there will be something other than bph v north geelong in both seniors and reserve grade? Bph bullied north on Saturday. Didn't give them an inch when they had possession. The upside for north is I'm not sure bph can reproduce such a brilliant display in 2 weeks time.

Also found it very surprising to see Fitzsimmons in the best players in today's addy. His output seemed to be well down on usual to my eyes. Looked as though he was being closely watched by 24 from bph (fantella?)

Great season from Winchelsea and hopefully they stay up and around the 5 next season and don't drop away.

caught the last 15 mins of the bph corio twos game before east and winch and corio nearly took it out after some wasted chances up the other end. So would think it's game on in the twos this week.
Your right with the seniors, bph looked nearly unstoppable and would be hard to reproduce that but would have to be confident after that display. Talking to a few north geelong supporters and the feeling was how shocked they we're with what happened. No one is going to lie down in finals.
east Geelong are a real show this week with a few guys back especially if they get onto a good start. Any news on mawson and Parker injury ? And is Josh boumon a chance of playing this year or is it just for something to write in the paper?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back