Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Gidday all heading from melb up to strathmerton for craying camping weekend and i see yarra play wang on satdy is fev playing and is game at yarra or mulwala?oughta pull a big crowd anyways chhers

I'm not a fan, and have never been, of playing on long weekends. I understand those clubs fortunate enough to host matches on these weekends can expect additional income by way of people who travel to the region and attend the games. But my point is more from a player/coaches point of view.

Playing on Easter and then the June long weekend stuffs up both weekends for those involved. For what it's worth, i reckon clubs shouldn't have to play on both those weekends. If you play Easter you don't play June long weekend or vice versa. I'd think you could even ask clubs which weekend they'd prefer to play and see how it matches up.

Yep good call head16, I reckon the june long weekend should be footy free. It's really close to mid season so it's the perfect time for a week off to refresh and get away for a few days. The Ammos in melbourne have always had this weekend off.

Yep good call head16, I reckon the june long weekend should be footy free. It's really close to mid season so it's the perfect time for a week off to refresh and get away for a few days. The Ammos in melbourne have always had this weekend off.

In the Central Murray we have had the long weekend off in recent years. The Swan Hill June racing carnival is on at the same time so it made sense. We played this weekend and I for one was happy to as we have had a stop start year with a bye and then an interleague game

Let's hope your interests were nowhere else but at Albury yesterday with the Raiders stirring come from behind win.
Patty Rose was a match winner off his own boot with 8 and Todd Bryant's job on Joel Mackie was clinical.
The back line stood tall with Dean Heta and father time himself Aiden Brown.
New tall Eddie Prato showed that he will be dangerous all around the ground with a awesome second half and the contributors didn't stop there with most of the side coming over the top of what seamed a tired Albury.
The O & M season is WIDE open and up for grabs whoever wants it on the day !

Saw the Albury - Raiders game. Raiders did well to win considering they had some passengers. I have seen a couple of Raiders games of late and I must say there was about 3 players who hardly had a touch in those games and they still seem to be playing them week in week out. Noticed 2 were still in the side to play Wang rovers. Maybe they should have a good look at that if they think they are going to be there season end...

Was at the raiders v myrtleford game on saturday and could not belive what i was hearing coming from stan margo, he was yelling abuse out of the coachs box at the raiders players all day. So much for a family day at the footy. Would hope he get put in his place be the O&M for his stupid antics.

Watched North and Yarra yesterday, North can hold their heads high pushed yarra to the end was a brilliant game

What's everyones thoughts with Peter Cristoforo coming back to Rovers? and with Barry Hall to slot back into the side pretty imposing line up one would have thought? does everyone agree?

What's everyones thoughts with Peter Cristoforo coming back to Rovers? and with Barry Hall to slot back into the side pretty imposing line up one would have thought? does everyone agree?

I bet the young blokes who've been getting the job done up til now aren't too impressed by it. The rovers will certainly be a much more potent team if those 2 are in and fit to play.

As President of the Jindera Football Club, I would like to announce our Senior Coaching position Vacant for 2013. After an exhaustive process the decision has been made to continue the re-build of this season, (which tomorrow will feature our 10th and 11th senior debutant), with a fresh voice and new leadership. The Jindera Football Club will leave no stone unturned its quest to find the right man for the job. With short, medium and long term plans in place, our committee and sponsors are focused and driven to give our club the ability to "contend" every year. With current construction of new ground lighting the envy of some O&M clubs, plus a proposed ground upgrade over the summer, added to our current facilities, the Jindera Football Club invites all proven or aspiring coaches, playing and non playing to express their interest. Feel free to contact myself on 0421056274 ( jerim.hayes@diageo.com ) or Luke Styles 0412598827.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He better get a move on then old son... Played more games and the gap got wider again on the wkend!

Fev is a great player but his antics let him down watched him saturday and was not impressed. As far as citing Fev, I think it has started something that wasn't needed as Davies wasn't injured but I don't agree with what Fev did. No player can go around punching players off the ball, but lets face it, it happens and the umpires can't see everything. There must have been something in it for the O & M officials to agree to take it to the tribunal. But I think this might come back and bite the raiders. I think raiders should have just let this one go.
I am so over the Fev Circus and the Yarra clowns.
I read the Talkback Tuesday yesterday, what a loud of rubbish that was and so were some of David Johnston's comments. Wont be wasting my time on that again.

Fev is a great player but his antics let him down watched him saturday and was not impressed. As far as citing Fev, I think it has started something that wasn't needed as Davies wasn't injured but I don't agree with what Fev did. No player can go around punching players off the ball, but lets face it, it happens and the umpires can't see everything. There must have been something in it for the O & M officials to agree to take it to the tribunal. But I think this might come back and bite the raiders. I think raiders should have just let this one go.
I am so over the Fev Circus and the Yarra clowns.
I read the Talkback Tuesday yesterday, what a loud of rubbish that was and so were some of David Johnston's comments. Wont be wasting my time on that again.

I differ slightly here, Fev is doing the job he is paid to do and that is kick heaps of goals, the circus that follows him around is not new, and while he is kicking goals I think it is great.

However, I think the circus and the clowns of the year are the Raiders. Their self promotion early on, proclaiming to have the premiership as their goal, but lack of real performance, their sooking and whinging over the Magro verbal 'attacks' and now citing Fev for this when no-one was even remotely hurt they have seemed to only open up the issue to end up with one of their players in real trouble. It has been a season of very average stuff from the Raiders, and unfortunately all these traits seem to have followed the coaches career.

After recruiting heavily and paying huge money for travellers Corey should get his mug off TV, his name out of the paper and stop carrying on like he is the messiah and just concentrate on coaching. Because as it sits his job to date in the recruiting field has been great and expensive, but in coaching the raiders it's been average to say the least and they should concentrate on finding some good consistent form and forget about the rubbish.

I differ slightly here, Fev is doing the job he is paid to do and that is kick heaps of goals, the circus that follows him around is not new, and while he is kicking goals I think it is great.

However, I think the circus and the clowns of the year are the Raiders. Their self promotion early on, proclaiming to have the premiership as their goal, but lack of real performance, their sooking and whinging over the Magro verbal 'attacks' and now citing Fev for this when no-one was even remotely hurt they have seemed to only open up the issue to end up with one of their players in real trouble. It has been a season of very average stuff from the Raiders, and unfortunately all these traits seem to have followed the coaches career.

After recruiting heavily and paying huge money for travellers Corey should get his mug off TV, his name out of the paper and stop carrying on like he is the messiah and just concentrate on coaching. Because as it sits his job to date in the recruiting field has been great and expensive, but in coaching the raiders it's been average to say the least and they should concentrate on finding some good consistent form and forget about the rubbish.

Yes I would have to agree with some things you said and I don't think they should have taken this further. Please dont think all raiders players and supporters wanted this.. I am sure they didn't but the head honcho's have made the call and I don't agree with it. And if you were at the Myrt game Magro was yelling abuse at raider players and somethings he was saying wasn't very nice. If you were a coach in the room next door hearing that all day you would get fired up I am sure. But Corey coming out early in the year talking of a premership, well that was a bit over the top. They have the players and maybe they are just starting to getting it together. Lets hope so. Maybe it is time for a the change of the guards.... PS. I don't think they are the only club who have spent plenty of coin. They spent hardly anything last year so maybe they had some good savings. And I still say I am over the FEV circus and Yarra Clowns. How about Brear get his name in the paper for change..:D

Yes I would have to agree with some things you said and I don't think they should have taken this further. Please dont think all raiders players and supporters wanted this.. I am sure they didn't but the head honcho's have made the call and I don't agree with it. And if you were at the Myrt game Magro was yelling abuse at raider players and somethings he was saying wasn't very nice. If you were a coach in the room next door hearing that all day you would get fired up I am sure. But Corey coming out early in the year talking of a premership, well that was a bit over the top. They have the players and maybe they are just starting to getting it together. Lets hope so. Maybe it is time for a the change of the guards.... PS. I don't think they are the only club who have spent plenty of coin. They spent hardly anything last year so maybe they had some good savings. And I still say I am over the FEV circus and Yarra Clowns. How about Brear get his name in the paper for change..:D

Good point on Brear actually, he has had more back pages and headlines than 'Lambo' easily!! At least Yarra are winning and are making a truck load of money while doing so I guess.

All good fun.

fev 2 weeks. rovers will be bleeding

This just gets worse - cited for a punch in the TUMMY!! So this year the Raiders players have been called names and been punched in the Tummy and a bloke cops 2 weeks. Go Raiders!! Oh and I don't follow Yarra in any way shape or form, I just follow good footy. Raiders = Not good for footy (lately)

This just gets worse - cited for a punch in the TUMMY!! So this year the Raiders players have been called names and been punched in the Tummy and a bloke cops 2 weeks. Go Raiders!! Oh and I don't follow Yarra in any way shape or form, I just follow good footy. Raiders = Not good for footy (lately)

can't agree with that. regardless of the impact a strike is a strike. i agree with some of the sentiments here that people are over reading about yarra and fev. out of the six bmm last week at least 4 or 5 of them had a story on fev. maybe yarra should get out of the papers and start going about the business of winning the flag. because if they don't, this year will be classed as an epic fail.

can't agree with that. regardless of the impact a strike is a strike. i agree with some of the sentiments here that people are over reading about yarra and fev. out of the six bmm last week at least 4 or 5 of them had a story on fev. maybe yarra should get out of the papers and start going about the business of winning the flag. because if they don't, this year will be classed as an epic fail.

Yeah I understand a strike is a strike, but being 'CITED' for a whack in the guts after the game when 7 umpires never saw anything, then copping 2 weeks suspension, Wang Rovers now have to pay a hefty price also and the bloke who got whacked in the guts kicked the next goal running down the ground like a gazelle yet at tribunal said he was winded for 5 minutes AND the Raiders now have a bloke being investigated as a part of their after game attitude!!!! ...... Anyway, I just don't like any of it.

Yeah I understand a strike is a strike, but being 'CITED' for a whack in the guts after the game when 7 umpires never saw anything, then copping 2 weeks suspension, Wang Rovers now have to pay a hefty price also and the bloke who got whacked in the guts kicked the next goal running down the ground like a gazelle yet at tribunal said he was winded for 5 minutes AND the Raiders now have a bloke being investigated as a part of their after game attitude!!!! ...... Anyway, I just don't like any of it.

Rules are Rules. You can't go round striking players off the ball, doesn't matter if he was injured or not!
The only one to Blame here is FEV. Yarra should be very disappointed with his antics and have no one else to blame..... The O & M tribunal would not have outed him if there was nothing in it. Taking into account he did exactly the same thing to get outed earlier in the Year. The FEV drama's are really spoiling this year of O & M footy. I think FEV thinks the O & M League is some backward country league where you go and do what you want and get big bucks for it. And according to Mondays paper he wasn't playing next sunday till someone came up with more money for him to play cause $2000 wasn't quite enough according to Mr. Brear. Lets get back to some good footy and cut out all this crap.

With those comments maybe you should follow Yarra, you would fit right in there.

Congratulations to Brett Kohlhagen on his article in today's Border Mail. Well Done Brett you have printed what every other non Yarra supporter thinks.. Yarra need to stop blaming everyone else and deal with the problem. Is the O & M board, tribunal, umpires and Raiders to blame for this?? NO!! Fev has played enough footy to know you just can't go around punching players off the ball. He is a great player but his antics have let down the club and himself..
It seems that Yarra have to fight every decision made against them. They have not respected the O & M Board or Tribunal decision. Facts are facts and the video showed Fev Punching him. Not a love tap either. Will Yarra need to find a sponser to donate $2500 for the appeal? Sunday will be a great day at Wang Rovers with our without the big Fev. Go Bazza !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back