Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 20 - Fighting Furies v Gold City Royals @ rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

hi my good friend favourite former team mate Brenton Davy I am here to offer you a cuppa tea! Definitely no poison or anything that could stop you kicking goals this weekend included!
Wouldn’t matter if it did. My cast iron gut can handle it.

Last edited:

Jonah Hill Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

I would go further with my threats but I think my account would be nuked
lol. Remember you’re talking to a guy who could post for 3 weeks while carrying a “Banned” sign.

If that happens, I want a west end butcher to help it all down also.
West End?

Wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. I’ll get you a Coopers tho.

It was either Export or Draft for me

Cant recall or dont care what the other taps were

Coopers only got big (IIRC) in the 90s and 2000s

Cooper Stout ( yellow label ) and Lemonade and a Portagaff were the only Coopers around I think and they werent considered manly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we ramming it down BD's throat this week? Will we also try pass him the qooty as much as possible so he wins the Fred?
That should be the plan. Then all I have to do is kick straight…

lol. Remember you’re talking to a guy who could post for 3 weeks while carrying a “Banned” sign.

S33...good memories. I think that was courtesy of TJ and Frosty 🤗

That should be the plan. Then all I have to do is kick straight…

If having it rammed down your throat affects your kicking, then it's been rammed all the way down.

I lost my job as a zookeeper.

How was I supposed to know this sign was only for the guests.
View attachment 1999416

I think I remember you, learnt that lesson a little TOO well for your next gig...

"If you'd like to understand how a salt water crocodile's digestive system works, I'll give you a nice, close look, just stand on the other side of that fence and you'll get the perfect insight..."

My teacher, when I was a kid, was a real b!tch. She used to try and put you down by highlighting the things you were not good at. One day she pointed at me and said "Grumbleguts! What's something you're terrible at that begins with the letter, N?"

I said "Spelling."

Last edited:
I think I remember you, learnt that lesson a little TOO well for your next gig...

"If you'd like to understand how a salt water crocodile's digestive system works, I'll give you a nice, close look, just stand on the other side of that fence and you'll get the perfect insight..."
The family had a fair few curries for a few weeks after this whole affair.

Speaking of which, I have been meaning to go to one of those Aussie themed restaurants that serve crocodile. Just to establish who is top of the food chain.
I've had crocodile several times. Even as a burger patty. Very nice meat. Tastes a lot like alligator.

Actually this reminds me of a situation where my helpful nature got me in trouble.

I was driving up in NQld and ran into a cassowary. I killed it with the car and thought, waste not want not. So I started a road side campfire and cooked me a nice leg of cassowary meat.

A park ranger wandered by and told me it was against the law to cook and eat a native Australian endangered species. And that it was a $1500 fine. While I was filling out the cheque he said "I'm curious though, what did it taste like."

"Kind of like a cross between a platypus and a bilby."

Last edited:
I suspect my memories are a little fonder than yours, lol.

But having "Day Off" for 3 weeks in your profile was funny.
It was. It certainly created some confusion amongst our opponents for a few rounds that’s for sure. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back