Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 7 - West Coast Wonders v East Side Hawks at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

1710142167606.png

Last time they met
In Round 13 of Season 36 on a Rainy day at the Eyrie , these teams faced off in a low-scoring arm wrestle. After a game that was close throughout and featured 9 lead changes, it was the Wonders who prevailed by just 6 points. The Majestic (114 DT, 26 disposals) was best on ground and combined well with skipper por_please_ya (89 DT , 5 tackles) , but the Wonders played like a Champion Team with a spread of even contributors as top goal kicker DenieD (3 goals including the final /deciding goal of the game, 4 behinds) capitalised on his team's hard work but could've easily had 7.

Last week
The Wonders will be refreshed and recharged after having the bye last week. The Hawks fought hard for most of the game and lead by upto 12 points earlier in the game before holding onto a narrow 6 point advantage at the final change. However they were ultimately left ruing their inaccuracy as they lost to the Dragons by 10 points despite having 3 extra scoring shots. GOAT Tarkyn_24 (8 goals, 4 behinds, 96 DT) had a day out but could've easily had 12 goals as he cashed in on silver service from Strigoi (85 DT, 3 goals, 21 hitouts).

Prediction
Hawks by 9

Leadership Groups, please have your team sheets submitted by 11.59pm SFA time (WST) this Thursday in the format outlined in this post

View attachment 1925229

Last time they met
In Round 13 of Season 36 on a Rainy day at the Eyrie , these teams faced off in a low-scoring arm wrestle. After a game that was close throughout and featured 9 lead changes, it was the Wonders who prevailed by just 6 points. The Majestic (114 DT, 26 disposals) was best on ground and combined well with skipper por_please_ya (89 DT , 5 tackles) , but the Wonders played like a Champion Team with a spread of even contributors as top goal kicker DenieD (3 goals including the final /deciding goal of the game, 4 behinds) capitalised on his team's hard work but could've easily had 7.

Last week
The Wonders will be refreshed and recharged after having the bye last week. The Hawks fought hard for most of the game and lead by upto 12 points earlier in the game before holding onto a narrow 6 point advantage at the final change. However they were ultimately left ruing their inaccuracy as they lost to the Dragons by 10 points despite having 3 extra scoring shots. GOAT Tarkyn_24 (8 goals, 4 behinds, 96 DT) had a day out but could've easily had 12 goals as he cashed in on silver service from Strigoi (85 DT, 3 goals, 21 hitouts).

Prediction
Hawks by 9

Leadership Groups, please have your team sheets submitted by 11.59pm SFA time (WST) this Thursday in the format outlined in this post
Hi MWPP, thanks for the pre-match write up and hope you’re doing well :thumbsupv1:

Hello there all my wonderful friends from the West Coast Wonders and East Side Hawks, be this week be a very enjoyable one with banter and gifs and may the best team win on our favourite day in the week of Sunday.

Happy Dog GIF by The Academy Awards

I'm not even sure who plays for the Hawks anymore
Intensifying urge to add random rat that has “no connection to the Wonders” into the match thread this week as joke to trigger my captain forever and ever in his nightmares.

Scared Bob The Builder GIF by Mashed

Tarkyn_24 are you reading this? He's blaming you!
MWPP suffering from the lofty expectations that I set for myself game after game.

1 Fc Cologne Football GIF by 1. FC Köln

(PS I recommend not searching giphy for “goat ball”)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MWPP suffering from the lofty expectations that I set for myself game after game.

1 Fc Cologne Football GIF by 1. FC Köln

(PS I recommend not searching giphy for “goat ball”)
Too late for the PS, just searched up goat ball and found this amazing form of nature unfold.

Goat Rotum GIF

I'm not even sure who plays for the Hawks anymore
Same people that played for us before the bastardisation.

Except HARPSichord whom I’m reliably informed hates every decision he’s made that has led him to where he is today.

Shame, because I think Webster is his greatest foopy likeness.
His brothers and sisters would also be WONDERful to be around as well in Qooty, maybe not at the Wonders though.

His brothers and sisters would also be WONDERful to be around as well in Qooty, maybe not at the Wonders though.
I was amused that that’s how he had to get you to the squad minimum.

Should’ve just signed posters that haven’t been online for ten years like us.

Wowser, Harps wasn't that bad of a captain
Probably sold the dream of Tarks at the Wonders the best. He nearly had me until I realised I’d have to wreck my Foundation Cup record to join you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back