Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 9 - Mount Buller Demons v Ophidian Old Boys at The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Good morning folks!

With three twenty somethings in the house, all the eggs I bought on Thursday seem to have disappeared. Our two remaining chooks aren't laying so off I go to brave the shops one more time.

If I'm not back in two hours, send a search party.
Sounds like a plan
Good win for Carlton that against the Roos. We could've won by even more if we wanted to as well. In fairness the Roos have a fairly young team. They could be decent enough in another five years imo.

They did bring our lead down to four goals at one stage. They probably should've beaten the Dockers last week as well. North Melbourne do seem to be better than last year to be fair.
Yep definitely agree

Sounds like a plan
It's not as manic as I thought. Maybe this afternoon it'll get a bit tougher. Eldest offspring is working today in retail. Hopefully it'll be ok.

Gralin grab a couple of bags of ice and put them in the bath and put yourself in there for a couple of minutes up to your armpits and get out dry off walk around for 5 minutes and then do it again. You’ll hate life for the two minutes I. There but I can guarantee you’ll be able to bend over to put your own shoes on in the morning.

Ice baths are life - nothing has made a bigger change to my recovery than these

Yeah, but I think it best if those Dolphins just keep working out. Like, a lot. Get back on the horse is my advice. If you are sore today, go back to the gym and work out twice as hard. And don't stretch or anything, before or after. That's the best way to approach it.

Yeah, but I think it best if those Dolphins just keep working out. Like, a lot. Get back on the horse is my advice. If you are sore today, go back to the gym and work out twice as hard. And don't stretch or anything, before or after. That's the best way to approach it.

Yeah but you have four legs and I have two, so that’s also a massive advantage!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do you know much about Wim Hof?

I read something about starting the day with a cold shower but I couldn’t do it. The old start the day by eating a frog in the morning and then nothing that happens to you for the rest of the day could be any worse method.

I read something about starting the day with a cold shower but I couldn’t do it. The old start the day by eating a frog in the morning and then nothing that happens to you for the rest of the day could be any worse method.

Haha I do know Iceman, he takes everything to the extreme though. But the evidence has remained positive for decades now re cold therapy either in general or after X amount of time post exercise depending on the activity and physiological changes you’re trying to achieve.

I do love the cold shower thing (but have now invested in an ice bath), however to be quite honest a bit part of me wonders if it’s just me being a morning person and what the effects would be on someone who isn’t or who struggles to move in the early hours.

Yeah! Bc it shocks ya system!

Snl Ice Bath GIF by Saturday Night Live

Nice with Worcester sauce

frog_in_mouth_by_southart_d1metqv-fullview.jpg

Haha I do know Iceman, he takes everything to the extreme though. But the evidence has remained positive for decades now re cold therapy either in general or after X amount of time post exercise depending on the activity and physiological changes you’re trying to achieve.

I do love the cold shower thing (but have now invested in an ice bath), however to be quite honest a bit part of me wonders if it’s just me being a morning person and what the effects would be on someone who isn’t or who struggles to move in the early hours.
How ya meant to move after that??

Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back