Teams Seattle Seahawks - The 12th Man

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
So we over achieved but that last game - really, we shot ourselves in the foot.

Get a new kicker in the offseason, work on disipline, improve the O line like the Colts did and bolster the defence.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
So frustrating to watch. We had them in huge trouble with deep balls yet we continued to run it.

The woeful PI calls in last quarter hurt - especially as they didn’t call it all game. Pulled it out twice on 3rd down.

Still a lot to like about the future but disappointing today.

Commiserations guys but kudos on a game well played and we have always struggled against Seattle.

I gave us no chance against yourselves but our defense was excellent stopping your run for probably the first time this season but gee Wilson still looked dangerous when he aired it and burnt us most of the time when doing it. I am still scratching my head as to why your coaches did not let him do it more often as we are vulnerable in the secondary to QBs that use their legs to get open.

Anyway congrats on a decent season ( after it was widely claimed to be a rebuild by some media ) that saw you guys totally dismantle the Chiefs and many others on the way but today i guess it was our turn for a change and trust me that i can't say that often this time of year!

All the best for next season though regarding drafts and player signings etc and see you next match up.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Commiserations guys but kudos on a game well played and we have always struggled against Seattle.

I gave us no chance against yourselves but our defense was excellent stopping your run for probably the first time this season but gee Wilson still looked dangerous when he aired it and burnt us most of the time when doing it. I am still scratching my head as to why your coaches did not let him do it more often as we are vulnerable in the secondary to QBs that use their legs to get open.

Anyway congrats on a decent season ( after it was widely claimed to be a rebuild by some media ) that saw you guys totally dismantle the Chiefs and many others on the way but today i guess it was our turn for a change and trust me that i can't say that often this time of year!

All the best for next season though regarding drafts and player signings etc and see you next match up.
Cheers Chism - good luck next week. Do you have a preferred game? Both look super tough.

Cheers Chism - good luck next week. Do you have a preferred game? Both look super tough.
6 one way and half a dozen the other!

Either way they are both stay at home QBs which suits us better and we have beaten Brees already but the Superdome is a different kettle of fish! I am leaning towards Rams though because they are heavily reliant on Gurley and our run D is good. Besides Donald I reckon we can handle their D and if I could choose I would pick the Rams personally.

Seriously doubt the Eagles win tomorrow anyway as they won’t score enough against that Bears Defense so Brees it is!

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I know Schotty is copping a lot and he had a bad calling game but he has performed well. Just needs more plan B when the run is stopped. I am confident this team will continue to develop next year.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Relieved RW is staying but worried about the money and our cap - Rodgers took the money and he has no weapons anymore. As much as I hate Brady, he doesn't take the money he deserves as he knows he needs the recievers and O line to help him. I hope at some point in the 4 years he redoes his contract so we can keep the likes of BWags.

If the rumoured amount is true, other than the $65m signing bonus, it's not as big a hit on the cap as expected. It may mean we lose out on some weapons but Russ has shown over the years that he is worth it with the number of games he has won off his own back.

I didn't expect him to be such a greedy campaigner but hopefully it sets a bit of a precedent amongst the top QBs and other teams start having that problem.

If the rumoured amount is true, other than the $65m signing bonus, it's not as big a hit on the cap as expected. It may mean we lose out on some weapons but Russ has shown over the years that he is worth it with the number of games he has won off his own back.

I didn't expect him to be such a greedy campaigner but hopefully it sets a bit of a precedent amongst the top QBs and other teams start having that problem.
Eh, it’s his big payday really. Given the Kirk contract I’m actually pretty happy given the guaranteed dough doesn’t apply if we cut him.

Yeah, it does. It'll be interesting to see the reception Earl gets when Baltimore come to CLink. Also nice to get a late season bye instead of this early season crap we have been getting.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I think Earl will be OK - coming out and saying he wants to retire as a Hawk means he doesn't hate us.

Clark getting traded for some picks including a first rounder. Looks like a good trade - sad to lose him but we are getting a great deal in return.

I think Earl will be OK - coming out and saying he wants to retire as a Hawk means he doesn't hate us.

Clark getting traded for some picks including a first rounder. Looks like a good trade - sad to lose him but we are getting a great deal in return.
We were going to have to pay the man. Pretty happy with the sounds of the deal- we have 12 picks before we trade back at all, plus now have cap for Wagner.

Disappointed to lose him as he has become our main defensive weapon. Good deal in return though I would have like a first pick higher than 29 or a 2nd rounder to go with it. I guess we are pretty much nailed on to take a DE and trade down.

We were always going to trade down and pick up a 2nd. I think we could have picked up 3rd if we really wanted to. I would have liked us to keep 30 and taken Baker who the Giants ended up taking as we need a CB and as a UGA fan, I want a Georgia player here. However, I trust Pete and John to do what is best. Most of our value the last few seasons has been from the 3rd round onwards and we have 6 picks between 192 and 142.

I am ok with the draft.
Getting DK with pick 64 is a steal. Guy could be elite.

For me, the best pick of the draft is Marquise Blair.
Since Kam retired, the secondary has had a big hole which was made bigger with ET3 leaving.
Blair looks like he could put the fear back into the opponents.

We were always going to trade down and pick up a 2nd. I think we could have picked up 3rd if we really wanted to. I would have liked us to keep 30 and taken Baker who the Giants ended up taking as we need a CB and as a UGA fan, I want a Georgia player here. However, I trust Pete and John to do what is best. Most of our value the last few seasons has been from the 3rd round onwards and we have 6 picks between 192 and 142.

Also still have 11 picks for 2020, including a first and 2 seconds.
Dont discount that some of those picks may be traded for established players before the start of the season.

There was some rumour about JS and PC sniffing around Jadeveon Clowney from the Texans not long ago.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pete Carroll is very impressed with D.K. Metcalf’s catch radius
Posted by Mike Florio on May 4, 2019, 7:38 PM EDT

The Seahawks ended receiver D.K. Metcalf’s unexpected (by some) slide by trading up and making him the last pick in round two. Eight days later, the Seahawks are very happy with what they’ve gotten in Metcalf.
“I mean, he’s big and he’s fast,” coach Pete Carroll said Friday after Metcalf’s debut at rookie minicamp. “[H]is catching range was exhibited today for a start. And you know, we’ve got to figure it out, figure out where it is, maybe even more unique than we thought coming in. So we just develop it as we go. But big and really fast and the catching range was really obvious today.”
Carroll also has notice that Metcalf has great feet, despite his size.
“You know, sometimes the bigger guys, the feet just don’t move as quick,” Carroll said. “His feet were really, really lightning quick and it showed it out here today already. So that means that the potential is there to make him an excellent releaser. He’s already going to be really strong and using his hands, getting off the ball, but to have that combination, when we get a chance to tie it all together, it should be a really good package.
Carroll hasn’t ruled out playing Metcalf inside, even though he’s generally regarded as an outside receiver.
“There’ll be times to do that,” Carroll said. “Our guys, we are multiple scheme with those guys and move them around for plays and different situations and stuff. We’ll see and learn that. We have not seen him [on the insider] at all, you know, coming up to this point and we’re going to start him where we know that he can fit right now. But yeah, we’re wired up and everything and we’ll see. We’ll certainly want to take advantage of it.”
However it plays out, Carroll knows it’s time for Metcalf to prove what he can do.
“You know, there’s never been a guy that ran any faster that was that big and strong at the Combine,” Carroll said. “So he’s got all those things behind him. Now he’s got to go fight and figure out how to play football.”
If he figures it out, plenty of teams will regret letting Metcalf drop as far as he did.

Back