Game Day Semi Final, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly if Schache kicked the winning goal I would laugh, if only to hold off the tears.

I feel at this stage the teams are all up on the covid restrictions pre-game, and if anything they will hope it fires them up a bit. We can't be complacent being at home and having that advantage. The doggies also turned around a bad run of form last week to some degree. We had a ripper start last week so we need to emulate that. I don't think we'll get the Charles domination again quite so much so we need all other forwards to step up and get some fire into the bellies.

COME ON LIONS!

Not expecting a win. Dogs will throw the ball all night and not get called and will have too much run. Dizzy and Harris are clearly not right. And can't see us covering McStay's absence without a total change of game plan which is not Fagan's style. If we do win it will rank as one of our best ever.

That first clip in that post above shows everything wrong with out midfield when we don't have the ball. Jarryd Lyons in no mans land.

Didnt even notice that until you pointed it out. Half committed to Bont and then left him to half commit to Dale.
If he had of chose one and fully committed he could have either stopped the bont from receiving the handball or got to Dale a second earlier and it would have been a HTB.
McCarthy although a good run down, could have broken that play down as well had he stuck the tackle.
Bailey also missed a tackle on McCrae right at the beginning.

As people have already mentioned. Bring that pressure we were known for mid season, sticking tackles etc. instead of this stand offish/corrale stuff that has crept in late in the season and itll go along way to breaking down the Bulldogs handball game.

Not expecting a win. Dogs will throw the ball all night and not get called and will have too much run. Dizzy and Harris are clearly not right. And can't see us covering McStay's absence without a total change of game plan which is not Fagan's style. If we do win it will rank as one of our best ever.

Just have to stay with them for 3 quarters.

Wet game at Tassie will come back to them in 4th. If we are thereabouts, will run them over.

I'm still trying to work what the hell is going on?
The whole football is talking like the game is over and the Lions may as well not even show up.
I must have missed the part where the Dogs became unbeatable.
The boys will be fired up and will put in a massive performance, we will win and win well.

Two crucial times for me today
6.20 PM or thereabouts: We should know if any late outs and who is the medical sub
Although the Teams don't have to supply the team sheets until no later than 30 minutes before the game starts. Usually though it is about 1 hour before
7.20 PM who goes forward: Maybe a little later if Coleman & Payne named on interchange bench

Don't like the idea of Adams going forward
Prefer Payne if no late changes
Coleman could play forward as named but that puts more pressure on Jo. Not to mention Coleman playing best footy the last two weeks at HB

I'm still trying to work what the hell is going on?
The whole football is talking like the game is over and the Lions may as well not even show up.
I must have missed the part where the Dogs became unbeatable.
The boys will be fired up and will put in a massive performance, we will win and win well.
Bookies have had the Lions favorites all along
Still today according to sports bet
Lions $1.58 Dogs $2.38

I'm confident of a win IF we bring the manic pressure and intensity that we have shown we can for all 4 quarters.

On the other hand play like we did against Melbourne and we'll cop a flogging.

To everyone going to the footy up your end of town hope you all have a great night to cheer our lions home. Make sure you let the umpires know tonight we will not put up with this bulldogs free ride of free kicks tonight. GO LIONS from our melbourne lounge room tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like if we win this one we're going to make it hard for ourselves and its going to go down to the last moments of the game.

Pass mark before the Eagles game would’ve been making the semi final weekend.

The goal posts changed with everything going our way in the last round. I then thought the prelim was a pass.

Our luck then turned in the first 5 minutes last week with Dan going down and I’m not confident about tonight whatsoever.

Although I do admit I’m a bit more confident having 30k odd fans there which this time yesterday afternoon was looking a little shaky. Have to use that to our advantage tonight and give the boys as much energy as possible. They’re going to need it chasing flick passes around all night.

Bookies have had the Lions favorites all along
Still today according to sports bet
Lions $1.58 Dogs $2.38
So they should, the Dogs before last week were in pretty ordinary form. Since they lost Bruce, they haven't looked like the same side and they beat a side that made the finals after being 2 and 6. Granted, the Lions have injury concerns, but last week they held the Demons goalless in the third. Take away that garbage free kick against Harris early in the first and it's a 3 goal game game. The Lions are still in the season in a massive way.

Before their slump they were the best team with Melbourne all year. Will be big task to get up. They need to pump the crowd up. Start strong, get us vibing
I don't want the young woman who is usually the emcee shrilling to the crowd, she's mildly annoying. The best pre game crowd atmosphere I've ever been to was a final against Richmond were the PA system went kaput and the crowd created it's own atmosphere.

Come on Brisbane make some noise is the go to crowd motivator.... give me a break.

The only part of the pre game "rev up" I like(actually love it) is Thunderstruck, fantastic countdown to the bounce song.

Last edited:
I don't want the young woman who is usually the emcee shrilling to the crowd, she's mildly annoying. The best pre game crowd atmosphere I've ever been to was a final against Richmond were the PA system went kaput and the crowd created it's own atmosphere.

Come on Brisbane make some noise is the go to crowd motivator.... give me a break.

The only part of the pre game "rev up" I like(actually love it) is Thunderstruck, fantastic countdown to the bounce song.
Alot of people dislike Ports pre-game INXS sing-along but I wish we had a similar pre-game tradition. Wish we had a Queen song before the bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back