Moved Thread Senate Inquiry into The Bulldogs Free Kick Differential

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got no doubt that Beveridge coaches his players how to play for free kicks, even their young players duck and dive like their senior players do.

They have it down to an artform and the umpires keep lapping it up.
Billings' flop and your applauding of it suggest otherwise.
Plus, we recruit well. Disciplined players like Bruce and Keath (both without need to give up a first rounder) were masterstrokes.

What on earth are you blathering about?
It's coaching not personnel.

The real question you need to ask is how are the Bulldogs players so well coached :cool:
Well that's literally what I've been asking whenever I've raised this topic.

It's a fact that the Bulldogs are favoured by the free kick differential at extraordinary levels.

It's a fact that a free kick is critical to the outcome of contests.
It's a fact that winning contests usually results in winning games.

So it's a fact that getting more free kicks that your opponent us an incredibly advantage.

So what I don't get, is how Beveridge has been able to unlock the code?
And why aren't other coaches mimickinf whatever it is that they're doing?

It's a fact that the Bulldogs are favoured by the free kick differential at extraordinary levels.

So it's a fact that getting more free kicks that your opponent us an incredibly advantage.

Because other coaches have been successful going the other way ('unsociable football')
Travis Cloke was dropped after giving away a crucial 50m penalty in a game against Geelong, That's something few other coaches would do.

The whinging from opposition fans is just a bonus :)

What do Bruce and Keath have to do with the previous 6 years though?
They are examples, not the be all and end all.

It's a fact you are talking dribble.

I've got no doubt that Beveridge coaches his players how to play for free kicks, even their young players duck and dive like their senior players do.

Play for free kicks as in receive free kicks? They’re 11th on the frees for list, so if that’s the case he’s doing a terrible job.

We also having win a second flag down to an artform. Saints should follow suit one day.

Sorry, I'm not sure what your post meant.

Happy to engage, but I don't understand the part where you said players were sacked for giving away free kicks. Not sure what you meant by that.
I didn't say it - you did. I bolded the section of your post that was quoted, sheesh.

Play for free kicks as in receive free kicks? They’re 11th on the frees for list, so if that’s the case he’s doing a terrible job.

What about the last 5 years and 2016 when then they got more free kicks than every other team?

Also why do you pretend to be a North supporter when you're clearly a Bulldogs supporter?

We also having win a second flag down to an artform. Saints should follow suit one day.

In 2016 you had a free kick differential of +112, the biggest free kick differential of the last 20 years, I doubt we or anyone else will ever get that.

ne4a81cfsZHkbigU_roWlHhWeCdLCEOoIOc1k-SclDw.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2016 you had a free kick differential of +112, the biggest free kick differential of the last 20 years, I doubt we or anyone else will ever get that.

ne4a81cfsZHkbigU_roWlHhWeCdLCEOoIOc1k-SclDw.jpg

So Bulldogs are 4th on differential list since 2003?

Wow, what a smoking gun.

So Bulldogs are 4th on differential list since 2003?

Wow, what a smoking gun.

The complaints about the favourable umpiring the Bulldogs have got is since 2016 where they are clearly first on the free kick differential list.

The complaints about the favourable umpiring the Bulldogs have got is since 2016 where they are clearly first on the free kick differential list.

If you infringe less, you give less frees away. Thanks for attending my Ted Talk.

If you infringe less, you give less frees away. Thanks for attending my Ted Talk.

And if you play for frees you get more frees.

The most laughable was in our elimination final last year when Wallis grabbed the Saints defenders arms to drag them over his shoulder to win frees.

Thankfully it didn't cost St Kilda the game but it helped with the Bulldogs comeback along with some other free kicks they milked from the umpires.

The most laughable was in our elimination final last year when Wallis grabbed the Saints defenders arms to drag them over his shoulder to win frees.

Thankfully it didn't cost St Kilda the game but it helped with the Bulldogs comeback along with some other free kicks they milked from the umpires.

The Bulldogs don't get more frees though. They're 11th on the frees for list.

I'd dare say that with Wallis out of the side and with Bailey Smith too scared to go within 12 metres of a contest - there's a simple explanation for them not being more than just +22 in the Free Kick Differential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back