Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone work out our rough average age and average games played of our list as at round 1 next year compared to Saturday evening? You would have to assume the ages of the draftees and perhaps a free agent or two but could get a fair idea. Lore? Seems like your sorta area :)

Can anyone work out our rough average age and average games played of our list as at round 1 next year compared to Saturday evening? You would have to assume the ages of the draftees and perhaps a free agent or two but could get a fair idea. Lore? Seems like your sorta area :)
Can we put you in the midfield with that killer handball skills?

Using my team from the "best 22" thread (Out: Kelly, Watson, Baguley; In: Langford, Laverde, Redman):

Final:

Average age: 25 years, 6 months
Average games: 101 games

Round 1:

Average age: 24 years, 1 month
Average games: 74.6 games

Using my team from the "best 22" thread (Out: Kelly, Watson, Baguley; In: Langford, Laverde, Redman):

Final:

Average age: 25 years, 6 months
Average games: 101 games

Round 1:

Average age: 24 years, 1 month
Average games: 74.6 games
Obviously your best 22 is very subjective but that's a big difference - 18m younger and that's in 6 months time. That future best 22 would be closer to 23.5 years now, yeah?

Obviously your best 22 is very subjective but that's a big difference - 18m younger and that's in 6 months time. That future best 22 would be closer to 23.5 years now, yeah?
I stuffed up, I forgot to add 6 months to all the other players and include the Colyer for someone, just can't remember who. It increases it to 24 years and 6 months. Means that it would be around 24 right now

I stuffed up, I forgot to add 6 months to all the other players and include the Colyer for someone, just can't remember who. It increases it to 24 years and 6 months. Means that it would be around 24 right now
That makes more sense ;)

Haha I figure she'd be able to work it out from this:

Jeez that ones out of date. What a mess! (the one linked in my sig is up to date :p)

Do you just mean the whole list? The whole list including Eades, Kelly, Watson, Stanton had an average age of 24.3y on the first of March and would have been 66.95 average games before the 2017 season.

Tell me what list changes you want and I'll mock up a player list for 2018.

Fourth in the Coach of the Year. Hardwick first. Adelaide and Sydney coaches also ahead. So basically third after the two grand finalists and the club widely tipped as having the best form in the competition after round 6.

Voting took place after the prelims, 3-2-1 from AFL Coaches' Association members. Takes into account a number of factors. Difference in votes between second and third is massive.

John Worsfold has been recognised for steering Essendon into the finals at the AFL Coaches' Association awards. The Essendon Coach finished fourth in the Coach of the Year voting.

The award was won by Richmond Coach Damien Hardwick.

The Bombers premiership player polled 294 votes to edge out Grand Final opponent Don Pyke (283), with Sydney coach John Longmire (72), Worsfold (34) and Greater Western Sydney's Leon Cameron (31) rounding out the top five.

Voting is conducted after the preliminary finals, with AFLCA members voting 3-2-1 on the coach of the year, taking into account the season's performance, available resources, player talent and team management.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-09-27/worsfold-named-among-best

Fourth in the Coach of the Year. Hardwick first. Adelaide and Sydney coaches also ahead. So basically third after the two grand finalists and the club widely tipped as having the best form in the competition after round 6.

Voting took place after the prelims, 3-2-1 from AFL Coaches' Association members. Takes into account a number of factors. Difference in votes between second and third is massive.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-09-27/worsfold-named-among-best

I lost any respect for that award when i realized Clarko never won it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Settling in for open mike with Sheeds

I lost any respect for that award when i realized Clarko never won it.

That was due to Clarko's campaigner factor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a thought ... Worsfold is an experienced man who understands the whole business of coaching, but there are much better match day and tactical coaches out there. Any possibility that he had a job to get the club back on track and the club will be looking for a more modern coach once everything is in place?

I don't know the situation intimately or anything...

But if his family are moving back across the country, it would be difficult to see him in the role beyond this year. To commute back and forward for a year (between family & job) is very doable... anything longer than that though? Unlikely. In some forms of employment it would be easier... but the enormity of an AFL coaching position? Couldn't see it working.

He seems like a pretty open and honest character though and if his intentions were to leave at the end of 2018... I am sure he would inform the club at the earliest opportunity for the club to find the best fit in 2019.

Just a thought ... Worsfold is an experienced man who understands the whole business of coaching, but there are much better match day and tactical coaches out there. Any possibility that he had a job to get the club back on track and the club will be looking for a more modern coach once everything is in place?

Iv'e been a believer of this since his appointment.

Any possibility that he had a job to get the club back on track and the club will be looking for a more modern coach once everything is in place?

I see Woosha as a steadier after the shitstorm that was and a safe pair of hands in the short/medium term, to pave the way for someone like a Caracella, Scott Burns, etc.

Of course I would be happy for him to stick around for a couple more years :)

this is awesome news - my family spent just 3 days away last week and the amount of s**t i got done was ridiculous.

we will have plans B though F by the time preseason finishes.

about time we had a coach willing to remove distraction and fully commit to the task at hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back