Society/Culture Serena Williams racist cartoon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Society is doomed once the "offended", no matter how trivial, get to set the bar.
Society is even more doomed if the offenders get to set the bar for what is offensive, no matter how egregious

Why am I not surprised.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Thats not an answer. The tone and outrage of those criticising the cartoon is matched by the tone and outrage of those criticising the criticism, what made you decide one is `manufactured` and one is `heart felt sincerity`.

I could tell which one by reading through your posts, whichever camp you are in, I am guessing you mean the opposite, but frankly cannot be bothered.

Either way, you are clearly in the `People who are sincere and genuine (and smart and well informed) agree with me, everyone else is insincere and ill-informed` camp.

There is far more outrage and offense at political correctness than there is the opposite now.

This is only because they are seizing political power and ramming their bullshit down peoples throats.

There will be an inevitable backlash.

This is only because they are seizing political power and ramming their bullshit down peoples throats.

There will be an inevitable backlash.
Again, how are you coming to the conclusion that one person speaking their opinion is 'seizing political power', while another speaking their opinion is not, other than, you agree with the second, and disagree with the first?

You could argue it's the backlash that is an attempted exercise in political power, as those not used to having to hear the opinions of those they don't agree with, try to shut them down.

There have always been people offended by cartoons like Serena's, that was their entire point, to offend. What's changed is you now hear about it, contrary to what some see as the natural world order, where they get to offend, without comeback.

Hannah Gadsbys whole act is a mockery of this, where she tells a joke designed to needle men, but follows it up with 'jokes, just jokes fellas'. Daring them to be offended (they are).

Longing for the day when you could go out in blackface, dance around black people whooping like a monkey, throwing bananas around, and they would do nothing but walk away, because they knew their place.

Now people feign offence, and speak up, political correctness, feigned outrage, after all, jokes, just jokes, no sense of humour, how is a banana offensive, just a bit of make-up, everyone likes monkeys, world's gone mad.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Again, how are you coming to the conclusion that one person speaking their opinion is 'seizing political power', while another speaking their opinion is not...........

You are jumping to a conclusion that isn't there.

Say what you like, just don't force me to agree with you.

No one gave two stuffs about PC types until they engaged force.

KV indulging in hyperbole as per usual, I very much doubt the real world would agree.

But yes, there does appear to be a decided increased and increasing backlash against PC these days.
So what does that tell you?

We had politicians threatening to kick kids up the arse because they don’t stand for the anthem.

Your outrage is marinated entirely by the tabloid media. They’re playing you like a fiddle. Remember how the armed forces banned gendered pro nouns the other week?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I guess it's easier to blame totally unrelated incidents of the past on your life failures than taking personal responsibility.
What are you talking about?

Who is failing to take "personal responsibility"? For what?

You know, not every question can be settled with a tangential rant about personal responsibility.

Personal responsibility seems to be the enemy of the left these days.
So the cartoonist should take "personal responsibility"? As someone who draws caricatures for a living, being ignorant of the history of racial caricatures is not a valid excuse. He should take "personal responsibility". Right?

Last edited:
Being anti-PC simply means not giving a s**t when some other group that you don't identify with is attacked. When it is a group you identify with being attacked then it's an attack on everything from the Aussie way of life to Western civilisation itself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you talking about?

Who is failing to take "personal responsibility"? For what?

Anyone who uses gender or race to blame for their personal failings. Look in the thread title, it might give you a hint. :rolleyes:

So the cartoonist should take "personal responsibility"? As someone who draws caricatures for a living, being ignorant of the history of racial caricatures is not a valid excuse. He should take "personal responsibility". Right?

No, this cartoonist is not responsible for unrelated cartoons that were drawn by others decades/centuries ago.

And no, he's not responsible for your fragility and hurt feelings.

Anyone who uses gender or race to blame for their personal failings. Look in the thread title, it might give you a hint. :rolleyes:
Yeah I'm still not clear who you think is doing that. Please explain.

No, this cartoonist is not responsible for unrelated cartoons that were drawn by others decades/centuries ago.
Is he responsible for knowing about those cartoons? Surely that is a partial requirement of his job?

And no, he's not responsible for your fragility and hurt feelings.
My feelings aren't hurt. You seem to be imagining a lot of things.

Yeah I'm still not clear who you think is doing that. Please explain.

Serena Williams, there's a good place to start.

Black lives matter is another good example, but in a different context.

Is he responsible for knowing about those cartoons? Surely that is a partial requirement of his job?

Maybe. It doesn't change this situation though.

Serena Williams, there's a good place to start.
I reckon Serena Williams is doing just fine, champ. She can take "personal responsibility" for the $90 million she's won over her career. But nah, she needs you to set her straight.

Black lives matter is another good example, but in a different context.
What are you talking about? People should take "personal responsibility" for unarmed black folks getting killed by cops?

Maybe. It doesn't change this situation though.
If the cartoonist is personally responsible for knowing the history of racial caricatures, then his excuse of ignorance is invalid. Agreed?

Last edited:
I reckon Serena Williams is doing just fine, mate. She can take "personal responsibility" for the $90 million she's won over her career. But nah, she needs you to set her straight.

Way to miss the point. I'm a big fan of Serena's and she's worked hard for her success but she's just embarrassed herself here.. She lost her s**t because she was getting beaten and wasn't willing to take personal responsibility for it. Blaming gender bias.. Really?

What are you talking about? People should take "personal responsibility" for the fact unarmed black folks get killed by cops?

They should take responsibility for their situation if they want to improve it. But is that the goal of black lives matter? I wonder.

The way to improve black lives and reduce police shootings is to lower crime committed by black people, not to get angry at white people and torch your own neighbourhoods.

The biggest threat to young black men in America today is young black men. The chance of a young black man being killed by the police in America is less than being killed by a bee.

Way to miss the point. I'm a big fan of Serena's and she's worked hard for her success but she's just embarrassed herself here.. She lost her s**t because she was getting beaten and wasn't willing to take personal responsibility for it. Blaming gender bias.. Really?
What does that have to do with the cartoon?

They should take responsibility for their situation if they want to improve it. But is that the goal of black lives matter? I wonder.

The way to improve black lives and reduce police shootings is to lower crime committed by black people, not to get angry at white people and torch your own neighbourhoods.

The biggest threat to young black men in America today is young black men. The chance of a young black man being killed by the police in America is less than being killed by a bee.
Should Trayvon Martin have taken "personal responsibility'? How about Walter Scott? Or Tamir Rice?

How come you didn't answer my question? If the cartoonist is personally responsible for knowing the history of racial caricatures, then his excuse of ignorance is invalid. Agreed?

We had politicians threatening to kick kids up the arse because they don’t stand for the anthem.

Your outrage is marinated entirely by the tabloid media. They’re playing you like a fiddle. Remember how the armed forces banned gendered pro nouns the other week?
Uh huh. They're playing me, but not you. Because you don't fall for all that s**t.
Cartoons of Serena Williams, trans kids in education, gays getting married. Breitbart, Racism, Muslims.
None of this is aimed at you, you're just reacting to everyone else. Right?

Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again
Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan*

But the question you were actually asked was, what does it tell you (if we can agree the anti-PC backlash is growing)?

*cheers, Billy Joel

Last edited:
Should Trayvon Martin have taken "personal responsibility'? How about Walter Scott? Or Tamir Rice?

Even if these were all racially motivated which you haven't proven, you've cherry picked 3 incidents in 6 years. Gee I wonder how many black people have been killed by other black people in that time....

How come you didn't answer my question? If the cartoonist is personally responsible for knowing the history of racial caricatures, then his excuse of ignorance is invalid. Agreed?

I don't know if it's a requirement of his job, I doubt it.

Either way, the point is moot, the cartoon isn't racist.

Even if these were all racially motivated which you haven't proven, you've cherry picked 3 incidents in 6 years. Gee I wonder how many black people have been killed by other black people in that time....
Why did you avoid the question?

Should Trayvon Martin have taken "personal responsibility"? How about Walter Scott? Or Tamir Rice?

Were their deaths the result of some failure of personal responsibility on their part?

I don't know if it's a requirement of his job, I doubt it.
If you draw caricatures for a living, knowing the history of racial caricatures is not an unreasonable expectation.

Ultimately, isn't it his "personal responsibility" to know that? Or do you just pick and choose when that applies?

Either way, the point is moot, the cartoon isn't racist.
That's just your unsupported assertion.

If the cartoonist is personally responsible for knowing the history of racial caricatures, then his excuse of ignorance is invalid. Agreed?

Were their deaths the result of some failure of personal responsibility on their part?

WTF. Did I say they were? I was talking about the black lives matter group.

If you draw caricatures for a living, knowing the history of racial caricatures is not an unreasonable expectation.

Ultimately, isn't it his "personal responsibility" to know that? Or do you just pick and choose when that applies?

Maybe he's responsible for having every easily offended snowflake review all his caricatures before they're published.. What do you rekon?

Repeated hypothetical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back