Sexual Assault in Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems less angry than I’d expect. Reckon all of us would know someone that if it happened to their daughter would go close to killing him with their bare hands.

Seems less angry than I’d expect. Reckon all of us would know someone that if it happened to their daughter would go close to killing him with their bare hands.
If it was one of my daughters fair chance I'd bury him out the bush.

If it was one of my daughters fair chance I'd bury him out the bush.
The Muppets Pumpkin GIF

It almost sounds like he is defending Mason...

Yes I had similar vibes, theres also a suggestion in there that she wasn’t the one who posted the images/audio as it was the result of a hack. And it’s inadvertently been put out there now.

It’s an odd statement to make and I wonder if it’s a case of shock for him, and not being in the headspace to be able to process/articulate his thoughts at the time of making it. Perhaps it wasn’t the appropriate time, if there ever is one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I had similar vibes, theres also a suggestion in there that she wasn’t the one who posted the images/audio as it was the result of a hack. And it’s inadvertently been put out there now.

It’s an odd statement to make and I wonder if it’s a case of shock for him, and not being in the headspace to be able to process/articulate his thoughts at the time of making it. Perhaps it wasn’t the appropriate time, if there ever is one.

Far more likely he's trying to protect her from civil proceedings if the criminal proceedings go nowhere as shes basically destroyed his career. He'd probably have a case too, regardless of the piece of s**t he appears to be.

Still, utterly bizarre way of going about it from the Dad.

Absolutely vile from Greenwood. Deserves every bit of prison time he gets.

As for the Father's statement - it just beggars belief. It's that kind of attitude that helps allow this type of behaviour in the first place. I certainly hope he doesn't have a son that's been learning off him.

Stinks of a man now worried his family is going to miss out on some hush money. It's just a weird, tone-deaf statement.

But incredible bravery from the woman to release them. I can't imagine how tough that would have been and it might just save another woman from experiencing abuse at his hands in the future.

It does. He’s literally thrown his daughter under the bus with that statement. :(
I obviously this is a ridiculous bit of speculation but I can see something like the following situation having played out:

Woman takes the photos of the abuse and records the video of the (attempted) rape, they break up. Woman shows the photos/videos to her family who then take it upon themselves to convince her to keep it quiet and get money out of Greenwood otherwise they'll release them. Woman is dissatisfied with this and wants justice, so she takes it upon herself to release the images/video while the family is in discussion with Greenwood. Dad makes this statement to remove blame from daughter in hopes of still getting the cash.

I obviously this is a ridiculous bit of speculation but I can see something like the following situation having played out:

Woman takes the photos of the abuse and records the video of the (attempted) rape, they break up. Woman shows the photos/videos to her family who then take it upon themselves to convince her to keep it quiet and get money out of Greenwood otherwise they'll release them. Woman is dissatisfied with this and wants justice, so she takes it upon herself to release the images/video while the family is in discussion with Greenwood.

That is how it absolutely could have played out. Charges should be pressed and Mason in prison. What he has done is horrific.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back