Toast Shane Crawford

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm embarrassed to say that when he was playing Hank Bulger I was embarrassed by his behaviour as captain of our great club. (only mildly and always loved his footy)

Since he did the walk/run a year or two back though I've realised that he is someone we as a club should be so, so proud of both on and even more so off field.

Dead set legend.

Team bias aside, Shane is a great Australian.

I know he doesn't want it to be about him, his focus was to make people aware of Breast Cancer & cancer in general.

I think he has achieved his aim.

Well done Shane,proud of you.

I think it will be something that not only achieves all it set out to do and more, but restores our faith in the good guys of sport moving forward through murky, nee rancid waters.

Well done Crawf - that IS whati'mtalkinabout.

Glad he's a Hawk :)

Bring him back for the Pussies next time we play them. Haven't beaten them since he retired

Loved him as a player, despite always carving us up.
As Sammy said, Australian Of The Year.

People from other clubs are finally realising what we've known all along, and that is his immense strength of character. He realised long ago that he wasn't the brightest tool in the shed, and turned a weakness into a strength, and therein lies his success.

His work ethic and leadership at Hawthorn were second to none, and yet some people judged him on the way he messed around on the Footy Show. Such a pity. Crawf is not only a Hawthorn legend, but a true legend of the game and it disappointed me he was never rated amongst the Hirds, Buckleys, Harveys, etc.

Great effort from a great man, and a great guy. Keep up the fantastic work Crawf, you continue to bring honour to yourself, your family, and your football club.

Pure quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two points on this topic.

1. If we had players with Crawfs ticker and determination, we wouldnt be 11 and zip against the cats
2. The AFL should be giving Crawf that million bucks, rather than flushing it down the toilet which is the demons.

Love ya Crawf, absolute favorite Hawks player growing up. What a star.

Two points on this topic.

1. If we had players with Crawfs ticker and determination, we wouldnt be 11 and zip against the cats
2. The AFL should be giving Crawf that million bucks, rather than flushing it down the toilet which is the demons.

Love ya Crawf, absolute favorite Hawks player growing up. What a star.

The only positive in GF 08 for me was that Crawf thoroughly deserved a flag, not that Haw wasn't the best team, they were, but as a Cat fan, on my birthday after all,that was a painful loss, but Crawf was a great feel good victory.

Listen to his TAB podcast (well worth a listen, hardly any gambling talk in most eps).

One thing that shines through is that he still bleeds brown and gold, absolutely loves the club. Would love him down there now helping the mids out.

As much as Sam Newman and Crawford would go at each other on The Footy Show probably more so for the theatrics of the show than genuine dislike, I did see that Newman rated Crawford's ride for 'Breast Cancer' as his favourite Footy Show moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back