Shaun Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of the people who have a go at administrators are also the people who never really earned a shot. I remember Agar not long ago having a crack at them about not getting a go in the One Day side. His record is ordinary in all formats, he's lucky to have played International Cricket and he only has because the selectors gifted him chances on the pack of potential.

When you don't have to do anything exceptional to get a shot it's not surprising that they basically take it for granted and like Shane Warne said, treat it more like a job.

Maybe the biggest problem is the bullshit sensationalist headlines pushed to attract clickbait. No-one actually takes in what comes after the headline and from then on the Chinese whisper grows:

Agar even joked that he “mustn’t have run the drinks well enough” against the Proteas as he never made it onto the field in any of the three games in Australia’s last home in 50-over cricket.
According to an article on ESPNCricinfo, Agar said when asked about his communication with the Aussie selectors: “Recently, it has been pretty vague, to be honest. “I got told pretty much just keep trying to get better.
“That’s what I was told. I guess I mustn’t have run the drinks well enough last time, because I didn’t really get a crack at that before.
“This one was probably a little bit tougher because it was a little bit confusing. But it is what it is. All I can do now is get better. Find ways to evolve as a cricketer and really just have fun.
“I’m just going to do it my way now and really enjoy it. If that means opportunities come, they come.”
Agar did however say that generally the communication to him by selectors in the past has been good and he can understand they would want to have a look at Test spinner Nathan Lyon in the current ODI squad for the India series.
The Western Australia allrounder added: “I think generally with me the communication has been pretty good, especially in the past.

Our selection strategy in ODI's has basically been a merry-go-round with there being an overwhelming sense of confusion from all stakeholders. Nothing there Agar has said is remotely unreasonable or could be construed as whinging yet over on Fox Sports:

Ashton Agar takes swipe at Australian selectors

:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back