Shift Work

Remove this Banner Ad

I've done 5am to 1pm in a warehouse and 2pm to 10pm in a professional job dealing with WA clients from the east coast.

Early start and early finish was good. Evenings I didn't like as much. Because I had to think in the job you basically had to sleep in to 11am or you'd be completely wrecked by 10pm if you got up at 7am. Fridays really really sucked too.

I did a few Afternoon shifts and hated it, starting after midday felt too weird for me and could never get into it. Then when you get home late at night there is not much to do.

My ideal shift would be starting at 6 and finishing 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

See I'm in the minority when I saw I'd rather do 2-10 than the early shift. Getting up at 4am every morning sounds horrible to me, at least I would never need an alarm for the late shifts

You still find yourself needing that alarm, trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a few Afternoon shifts and hated it, starting after midday felt too weird for me and could never get into it. Then when you get home late at night there is not much to do.

About the only good thing was going to the gym after work and having it to yourself. Also at the moment with Wimbledon, Cricket World Cup, Tour de France etc on you are keeping good hours. Other than that there is not much to do and you probably end up just sleeping too much.

wimbledon and cricket world cup has been an awesome fix if you're a sport junkie.

Loved it. ( My missus doesn't )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back