Shortsighted AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Cincinnatus

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFL at it all year setting dummy precedents that they dont follow up on.

Apparently fend offs are your prior, yes last night Dusty not getting done was annoying but you see it in other matches.

They say ducking your head is prior, yet last night both teams got frees from ducking.

Its not about last nighr either, Ive seen it for weeks.

Why does the AFL set stupid little interpretations that they ultimately seem unable to stick to - just creates a rod for their own back.

No replies necessary.

AFL at it all year setting dummy precedents that they dont follow up on.

Apparently fend offs are your prior, yes last night Dusty not getting done was annoying but you see it in other matches.

They say ducking your head is prior, yet last night both teams got frees from ducking.

Its not about last nighr either, Ive seen it for weeks.

Why does the AFL set stupid little interpretations that they ultimately seem unable to stick to - just creates a rod for their own back.

No replies necessary.

Umpire discretion. Just like how the umpires can blow the whistle if they think a player is wasting the clock - which is ridiculous (you either get a set amount of time or you don't). The AFL has no idea at all, but what should we expect, a polo player is running the game as he likes. It would be more surprising if it wasn't broken.

Umpire discretion. Just like how the umpires can blow the whistle if they think a player is wasting the clock - which is ridiculous (you either get a set amount of time or you don't). The AFL has no idea at all, but what should we expect, a polo player is running the game as he likes. It would be more surprising if it wasn't broken.
Not that I necessarily agree with the OP's examples (nothing to do with copping a hiding last night...) and I'm not into conspiracy theories, but maybe that's what the AFL wants so they can sway matches to suit their agenda at the time. They don't seem to want a simple game with simple rules, that much is apparent.

• Banned
Not that I necessarily agree with the OP's examples (nothing to do with copping a hiding last night...) and I'm not into conspiracy theories, but maybe that's what the AFL wants so they can sway matches to suit their agenda at the time. They don't seem to want a simple game with simple rules, that much is apparent.

Nothing to do with losing - watch the umpiring tonight - already inconsistent AF. Dont be so childish.

• Banned

Ducking into the contest is somewhat discretionary, but fend offs are much clearer. You either did or you didnt.

I don't believe the AFL deliberately set out to sway matches, but the more discretion given to umpires means it is easier for the crowd to influence their decision. These umpires hate criticism, so they are going with the crowd. If the rules were clear cut, the umps would have to adjudicate according to the rules, which might be unpopular with the crowd, and therefore the umps would look bad. A lot of it is self preservation. Like Razor Ray, he is a little man with an ego who likes to be liked, therefore he will be influenced by the crowd, and we see that (he is a terrible umpire as a result).

Nothing to do with losing - watch the umpiring tonight - already inconsistent AF. Dont be so childish.
It's been inconsistent all year. Just a coincidence that your team copped a hiding last night and today we see this topic pop up I guess.

• Banned
It's been inconsistent all year. Just a coincidence that your team copped a hiding last night and today we see this topic pop up I guess.

Its almost like you watch your side more than you do any other.

I would happily apply it to the ducking free kick that Adelaide got on Friday night. Try not being a child and having a proper conversation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back