Show Cause Notices v2.0 sent out by ASADA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is simply not true. Cronulla received the backdated penalties because ASADA were busy in court against Essendon and couldn't issue the SCN to Cronulla players until that was all done. Essendon players got theirs in June, Cronulla in August.

I have proven it time and time again Jenny, BM has stated that no case was put on hold. (verbally in a interview on the offsiders)

What is wrong with Tony Abbott? "It's hard to see what this is all about"?? Really? Players being injected with all kinds of drugs sourced from all kinds of places, being supplied by convicted drug trafficers, and its hard to see what it's about? Maybe that's because you are stupid :rolleyes:
"If I side with ASADA, Essendon supporters will not vote for me. If I profess ignorance and puzzlement, Essendon people will think I am OK while it won't affect the votes of anyone else."

I have a feeling its a total of 360 pages for all 34 players. Not that this would make it any less serious. But 360 pages is a trilogy
See the ASADA website and statement:
Each amended notice is individually tailored and is approximately 350 pages in length (this totals about 12,000 pages for the 34 players). All notices include a comprehensive summary of the evidence in support of the case against each player.
http://www.asada.gov.au/media/organised_crime_and_drugs_in_sport.html

How many pages were the Cronulla boys hit with? I didn't really follow that case too closely.

Enough to tie them up for years, ...... or alternatively admit you were naughty and you can have a holiday in Bali.

Pages will be set out with legal spacing, ie double spaced, plent of white space. But still 350 pages is a big document!

While each doc will be tailored the majority will be same for all in terms of how drugs were sourced, communications between hird/dank etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have proven it time and time again Jenny, BM has stated that no case was put on hold. (verbally in a interview on the offsiders)
McDevitt said:

"The reality is I don't think ASADA was ready for an investigation of this magnitude, and it's not just ASADA. I don't think any national anti-doping organisation in the world would have been ready for something of this magnitude, complexity, this enormity which was immediately made public and needed to be conducted under the public eye and in terms of resources and capabilities there significant delays in relation to, for example interviews where we had players ready for interview but for a variety of reasons we weren't ready to actually conduct those interviews until some months later, a reason right there that players could seek backdating of penalties just for that and it's fair and reasonable and I've got to do this without fear or favour or malice or ill-will."

What do you reckon they were doing when they couldn't conduct the Cronulla interviews? Perhaps conducting Essendon ones?

Why has the Age decided to drop the EFC logo + syringe? It served them well throughout this whole saga - now the end is in sight, and they've dropped it from one of the biggest stories thus far!

You've gotta love ASADA's timing and sense of drama. Just after the trade period and before the ND. They know our interest is down during that time so have done this to perk us all up.

You've gotta love ASADA's timing and sense of drama. Just after the trade period and before the ND. They know our interest is down during that time so have done this to perk us all up.

Not like those jerks in the high court - trying to "hijack" our game.

McDevitt said:

"The reality is I don't think ASADA was ready for an investigation of this magnitude, and it's not just ASADA. I don't think any national anti-doping organisation in the world would have been ready for something of this magnitude, complexity, this enormity which was immediately made public and needed to be conducted under the public eye and in terms of resources and capabilities there significant delays in relation to, for example interviews where we had players ready for interview but for a variety of reasons we weren't ready to actually conduct those interviews until some months later, a reason right there that players could seek backdating of penalties just for that and it's fair and reasonable and I've got to do this without fear or favour or malice or ill-will."

What do you reckon they were doing when they couldn't conduct the Cronulla interviews? Perhaps conducting Essendon ones?

McDevitt says .....

The ASADA team has worked hard and diligently and under constant pressure from the media and others to actually get this resolved but I've got to do it properly. On day 25 I issued the notices to Essendon after due consideration, after strong legal advice which I've had every step of the way, we've continued the work simultaneously in relation to the Cronulla matters. They weren't set aside, we've been working on them both continuously but it took longer, we got to where we were and again after legal advice when I felt I was comfortable and I'd reached a state of mind that I need to, and I don't issue show cause notices on a willy nilly basis, I issue them after due consideration, and on Tuesday I felt I had reached that point.

buk6vm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back