Certified Legendary Thread Show us your most-prized Fremantle-related memorabilia/merch/supporter wear

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what Snuffaluphagus has got up his sleeve? hehe
Snuffaluphagus has no sleeves.

Tonga Bob and Van_Dyke what hidden treasures do you have?
My game day jumper is the original Purple Haze one - purple with white anchor. Also have a red & white training jumper & the replica Green Giant that came out last year. Oldest piece I have though is probably this cap:

1657607428742.png

Not Freo, but South Freo.
I've got Maurice Rioli's playing jumper from when 6pr was the emblem on the front.
My most prized possession
Oof! This wins. I would give my right testicle for one of Stephen Michael's jumpers from back in the day. Best Souths thing I have is a jumper signed by the 2009 premiership team, including Belly & the Wiz. It's packed away somewhere safe, so safe I'm not sure exactly where it is!!

Snuffaluphagus has no sleeves.

My game day jumper is the original Purple Haze one - purple with white anchor. Also have a red & white training jumper & the replica Green Giant that came out last year. Oldest piece I have though is probably this cap:

View attachment 1445090

Oof! This wins. I would give my right testicle for one of Stephen Michael's jumpers from back in the day. Best Souths thing I have is a jumper signed by the 2009 premiership team, including Belly & the Wiz. It's packed away somewhere safe, so safe I'm not sure exactly where it is!!
That cap instantly transports me back to 1995 - and I love it!

Taylor what have you got for us? Maybe the beer-stained supporter wear you wore to a recent home match? :laughing:

You don't get much more retro than this which I still wear...
That thing is straight-up gangsta! I can see a young thug wearing that while hustlin' in the mean streets of Freo!

I have a Carlton Mid Jeff Farmer Stubbie holder still in plastic - must be worth a shite load now.

And....wait for it....

A JEFF FARMER BOBBLE HEAD DOLL (It isn't for sale)

I have a Carlton Mid Jeff Farmer Stubbie holder still in plastic - must be worth a shite load now.

And....wait for it....

I had a Pav bobble head. It had survived 2 moves up north and back....in 2016 when we moved back down, it got destroyed, an arm and leg both broken off. In hindsight, even Mr. Pav Bobblehead was sending me a message about the 2016 season...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonga Bob and Van_Dyke what hidden treasures do you have?
sadly I don’t think I have anything particularly vintage (age didn’t quite work for me) so I’ll have to go with the 2019 version of the anchor jersey, the jumper that I grew up watching as I fell in love with footy

Hi all,

Apologies if this is slightly off topic. I’ve been waiting to ask and this seems like the best thread for it.

I’d love to find an acrylic or wool version of our original jumper (either home or away) to wear to games at Optus.

I haven’t been able to find any originals on Gumtree.

There are AFL authorised jumpers for sale on the site below. They are a wool product. The anchor is a bit wide and the green and red don’t extend over the shoulders.

Online reviews of the company are mixed. Has anyone used that website?

Thanks in advance.

PS Great thread! Our original colours and logo have aged well, in my opinion.

My 1945 East Fremantle Premiership Blazer. My grandad played. He also played in the '43 grand final win:

The Play

Swan Districts kicked first to the city end favoured by a cross-wind which blew diagonally from the scoreboard into the members stand. Despite this advantage the eastern suburbs team was slow into stride and Aitken found himself called upon to defend. Within a couple of minutes Cumbers goaled. Soon afterwards Summerton replied. Until the end of the term both teams scored goal for goal. Sheedy making a clever run just before the bell to score a goal which kept East Fremantle within one point of its opponent’s score.

First quarter scores:

Swan Districts 4.3 (27 points): East Fremantle 4.2 ( 26 points)

That Swan Districts should have done better when kicking to the east was shown by the use East Fremantle made of the breeze in the second term. Playing clever concerted football it added 7.6 to 1 goal. This burst gave East Fremantle a firm grip on the game. At this stage Swans was not playing as if such a large deficit would be within its compass in the second half against such a strong team.

Half time scores:

East Fremantle 11.8 (76): Swan Districts 5.3 ( 33)

East Fremantle continued to dominate the game on the resumption and gave a clever display in the forward area. Sheedy, following and forward, and Conway, repeatedly put the side into attack. With the tall Ralph, centre-forward and Hinkley and Jarvis, half-forwards, playing cleverly, five goals were added against the wind while only one point was scored. Bowen transferred from centre to the forward lines but Swan Districts was held down to 2.6 for the term. Considering the lack of opportunities Summerton did well in front of goals for Swans.

Third quarter scores:

East Fremantle 16.9 (105); Swan Districts 7.9 (51)

With a lead of nine goals and the wind advantage, East Fremantle, even if not intentionally, played leisurely in the last quarter and its kicking deteriorated. In its usual style Swan Districts began to play strongly in the last quarter and some of its best flashes of football were unfolded while 4.2 was added to its somewhat meagre score. The gap in the scores however always appeared too great for Swans to bridge and a somewhat disappointing game ended with East Fremantle 40 point in the lead.

Final scores:

East Fremantle 17.15 (117); Swan Districts 11.11 (77)

Goalkickers:—

East Fremantle; Ralph 4, Cumbers, Sheedy, Hinkley, Murray, Conway 2 each; Jarvis, Cole and Bathurst 1.

Swan Districts; Summerton 4, Porter, Radiach, Ritchie 2 each and R. Latham 1.

Best Players:--

East Fremantle; Sheedy, Conway, Bourke, Mason, Jarvis, Murray, Cole and Gabrielson.

Swan Districts; Summerton, Bowen, Porter, Radiach, Aitken, Ritchie and Padbury.

Umpire: L. Mosey.

And....wait for it....

Is yours like these? Sadly I took them out of the plastic.

The upside down one is Judd that I make Eagles mates use. 20220713_094122.jpg

Here's mine from 2007 - I've never used it! 🆕

IMG_20220713_104918.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220713_104834.jpg
    IMG_20220713_104834.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
You need to get that framed.
A lot of collectors try not to frame their jumpers. Framers often use staples and glue and damage the jumper. Or sometimes even cut the jumpers so they sit better. There are some good framers out there but wild side it might be good to ask what others do with older jumpers like that.

Taylor what have you got for us? Maybe the beer-stained supporter wear you wore to a recent home match? :laughing:

I have one of Michael Walters' match worn signed, but it's not framed. I have a top the entire 2014 squad has signed too.

That's just my stuff. There's a fair bit of memorabilia in our place but not just the Freo or West Coast pieces. Some medals etc, puke.

I have some West Perth signatures from when I was about ten having a kick around the ground here in Joondalup.

I'll leave the photos of the beer soaked undies alone.

I have one of Michael Walters' match worn signed, but it's not framed. I have a top the entire 2014 squad has signed too.

That's just my stuff. There's a fair bit of memorabilia in our place but not just the Freo or West Coast pieces. Some medals etc, puke.

I have some West Perth signatures from when I was about ten having a kick around the ground here in Joondalup.

I'll leave the photos of the beer soaked undies alone.
Lol, I never said anything about undies! I'm not a creep!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back