Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats - Season Twenty - Finals or Bust

Remove this Banner Ad

We on top?

Beer and squid time!

Royals were top ... lost by 50+ so quite possible (we were 17% behind them and both were 2-1)

Swamprats Run over the top of Wonders in High Scoring contest.
After two extremely close games, the Swamprats traveled to the Colosseum looking to back up the previous weeks victory. Both teams looked at each other before the first bounce and went "**** it, let's not play any defense," and what transpired entertained the crowd in a high scoring match.

The first quarter started with both teams trading blows and goals for the first ten minutes and the scores were already progressing. A strong finish to the quarter by the Swamprats saw them take a three goal lead.

The Swamprats tried there hardest to break away from the Wonders in the second quarter, but the home team refused to go away and eventually whittled away the lead the Swamprats had built. The half time siren sounded and the Wonders had scored 7 goals to 5 to only trail by 10 points at the long break. The game had all the attributes of yet another close Swamprats game.

The Wonders came out the more switched on team in the third quarter and quickly kicked a goal and reduced the margin to less than a straight kick. The Swamprats then decided to switch on and they flexed their muscles for the remainder of the quarter. After waiting until the 9th minute to kick their first goal of the quarter, the Swamprats went on to score 5 more goals to 1 as they built a match winning lead of 39 points by the time the siren sounded.

Despite being slightly more inaccurate in the last quarter the Swamprats added to their lead as the Wonders tried desperately to stay in the game. Eventually the 42 scoring shots at goal the Swamprats had were to much for the Wonders as they finished 53 point victors.

Best Players for the Sin City Swamprats were Sublime (36 possessions, 6 tackles, 3 goals), MannumPower (19 possesions, 11 tackles, 1 goal), Zakk Wylde (18 hitouts, 27 possessions, 2 goals), toxic (6 goals) and Power Raid (28 possessions, 11 marks, 1 goal)

Best Players for the West Coast Wonders were Wooljay (31 possessions, 6 tackles, 1 goal), Brown Bottle (15 hitouts, 27 possessions, 2 tackles, 1 goal), Marklar_33 (17 possessions, 8 marks, 2 goals), Beer n Skittles (21 possessions, 7 marks, 1 goal) and LicoriceAllsorts (22 possessions, 7 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal)

Swamprats win three on the trot in yet another tight finish.
Back at home, the Sin City Swamprats were looking to continue their good early season form and get their third win in a row. They took on a determined Baghdad Bandits outfit who ensured that it would not be an easy contest.

After an early Bandit goal, the Swamprats peppered the goals, but they were off target kicking five points in a row before finally getting a major. Both teams then found their kicking boots, going goal for goal until the scores were tied at the first break.

The Swamprats then kicked one of the fastest goals in history and continued to attack during the second quarter. They managed an impressive five goals in wet conditions compared to the Bandits two and build up what was considered a handy 19 point break at the half.

The Bandits were determined to make a game of it and after conceding an early goal, they team from Baghdad kicking three goals in a row to only trail by two points before the Swamprats nailed a couple at the end of the quarter to hold a lead of two and a half goals.

The fourth quarter began with a goal to the Swampies, before Bandit Aussie Assault attempted to win the game by himself by kicking three of the next five goals, only one going the Swamprats. Leading by only four points, ShaunDuggan turned back the clock and kicked the sealer as the Swamprats got up in another close game by 10 points.

Best players for the Sin City Swamprats were Ant Bear (20 possessions, 3 marks, 2 tackles), Millky95 (9 hitouts, 14 possessions, 2 tackles, 2 goals), I Dont Care (17 possessions, 5 marks, 1 tackles), toxic (3 goals), Sublime (17 possessions, 3 tackles, 1 goal)

Best players for the Baghdad Bandits were Aussie Assault (15 possessions, 3 marks, 4 goals), Bigeasy (15 hitouts, 18 possessions, 4 tackles), iDon (16 possessions, 6 marks, 3 goals), Red Mist (19 possessions, 6 tackles, 1 goals) and cammo6556 (18 possessions, 4 tackles)

posting s19.jpg

So there you have it - if Close Contest didn't make history last week with the double ton, he most certainly made it this week with the back to back.
I Dont Care is still right up there in second with just a smidge more posts than toxic . Millky95 must be on holidays as he smashed his first 100 post game, while Power Raid just keeps on keeping on. Quadzilla , MannumPower , Sublime , Ant Bear and myself are all averaging over 30 which would be the top tier in most other teams.

ShaunDuggan (AKA The Batman) made a welcome return over the last two weeks and will no doubt challenge CC and IDC next week in the posting stakes.

NSWCROW , Wingard2Wines , AusHorrorStory , FromTheHartland , Ford Fairlane , Macca19 , Jonts - we still love you. We are also actually winning at the moment, come and jump on the bandwagon .

View attachment 165780

So there you have it - if Close Contest didn't make history last week with the double ton, he most certainly made it this week with the back to back.
I Dont Care is still right up there in second with just a smidge more posts than toxic . Millky95 must be on holidays as he smashed his first 100 post game, while Power Raid just keeps on keeping on. Quadzilla , MannumPower , Sublime , Ant Bear and myself are all averaging over 30 which would be the top tier in most other teams.

ShaunDuggan (AKA The Batman) made a welcome return over the last two weeks and will no doubt challenge CC and IDC next week in the posting stakes.

NSWCROW , Wingard2Wines , AusHorrorStory , FromTheHartland , Ford Fairlane , Macca19 , Jonts - we still love you. We are also actually winning at the moment, come and jump on the bandwagon .
So far >700 posts = WIN theory still stands.

I dont think i could manage 200 different words let alone posts.....i think the youngens can have the mantle. I'll just post my sub par quality cliche stuff and mention somewhere in there how clutch I am.

But seriously, did you see that goal? Gun. dugGUN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think i could manage 200 different words let alone posts.....i think the youngens can have the mantle. I'll just post my sub par quality cliche stuff and mention somewhere in there how clutch I am.

But seriously, did you see that goal? Gun. dugGUN.

Can play that Duggan kid

Um shit

Did we win ?

Yarp

View attachment 165780

Great work team!

Spam champions of S20
18-Clueless-quotes.gif

spookism if you check the sim notes that quick 2nd qtr goal was actually at end of first qtr but wasn't added til after the siren.

Dont point it out ... someone will put in a complaint

Remove this Banner Ad

Back