Sir Alex retires

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a mark of respect that im celebrating.

I have HUGE respect for the man but im not gonna sit quiet and pretend that this isnt ******* fantastic news for a die hard Liverpool supporter.

:)

Maybe next year really is your year this time ;)

Also stunned at the news.

Best manager in my time watching football. Easily. His sides had toughness, skill and flair. He just knew how to get the right balance.

Will crack a red tonight in the hope the rest of us now have a chance!

I dislike his interview and post-game persona but can't deny his ability as a manager. Best I've ever seen.

The man has had such an influence and impact on Manchester United and the Premier League in general, massive respect for him.

fantastic character, at times controversial, showed his human side at times (getting angry), his record speaks for himself, his longevity is a credit to his managerial skills, and it is fitting that he is leaving on a high after capturing the title!

This will probably seem disingenuous from a Liverpool fan, but I remember my brother coming back from Ireland in 92/93 ish with a green and yellow Man U top, deciding to jump on his new found bandwagon I started watching EPl highlights on channel 2. Some how I got sucked into following Liverpool( think Fowler got me in the end) but was mesmerized by how United played. Was a joy to watch growing up.

fireworks_small.jpg

2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot points to Mourinho, especially now Gill has mentioned European experience as a pre cursor for the job.

Wouldn't surprise me if Fergie has timed this to prevent Jose going back to Chelsea.
Remember Gill is also leaving at the end of the season too. Perosnally believe that Fergie will have more say over who replaces him than Gill.

Why is it fantastic news for a Liverpool supporter? Does this mean the gulf between the two clubs gets any smaller? Has their list suddenly improved?

I respect the rivalry and history the teams have with eachother, but the way some Liverpool supporters are acting its potentially the best thing to happen to them all year...

I'd say replacement is chosen, signed and ready.
Ole Gunnar? ;)

Nice touch from Kompany:
Vincent Kompany @VincentKompany
Sir Alex, one of the best managers of all time. After 26 years of success in the game, we all owe him a tribute.
4:48 PM - 8 May 2013

I was only small when Fergie signed, so all I've known was him in charge of my beloved reds. Remembering the celebration on the touchline in '93 when Bruce nodded home against Wednesday with Kiddo; and most recently the celebration when van Persie broke his drought. I'd say the players will miss him too. Thanks for the memories Sir Alex! Whoever is to follow a) has big shoes to fill and b) will have to do it 'the united way'.

Ferguson has retired and is being replaced by David Moyes?

No in all seriousness; a legend of the game. In with a legitimate shout to be named not just the best football manager but the best manager from any sporting code in history. sabre_ac Fergie's departure is good news for any non-United supporter because of how extraordinary he was and the way he at times carried the entire club on his shoulders, elevating them above and beyond what many had thought they were capable of (how many times has their squad been written off at the start of the season over the years!). United are about to undergo the biggest change they've experienced in 30 years and I can't see how they will be able to maintain that same dominance without his leadership (it's a scenario which bears similarities to Graeme Souness replacing Dalglish at Liverpool all those years ago). After spending so long head and shoulders above any other club in the league this will bring them back to the field in my opinion.

For evidence of his ability as a manager you only need to look at this season, United's list is in no way better than City's yet somehow he's been able to engineer a 10+ point lead and hold them at arms length for most of the season. He's been the difference between his squad and whoever has been challenging United on so many occasions, of the 13 titles they've won while Ferguson has been there it's easy to find arguments to say they wouldn't have won half of them without his influence. I have the utmost respect for him and all that he's achieved, but at the same time I'm thrilled that he's finally gone (and before he managed to reel in Paisley's record of 3 European Cups!). It's going to be strange seeing United without him, he's been the face of that club for as long as I've been watching football so it will take some getting used to.

I'll be opening a bottle of scotch whisky in his honour on the weekend.

Ferguson retires after being beaten 1-0 at home by Rafa. Coincidence?

Let's review the facts. Before Manchester United's match against my Chelsea team on the 5th of May, Sir Alex Ferguson wrote in the matchday program, "I certainly don't have any plans at the moment to walk away." Then I beat him 1-0 and David Luiz laughed at him. This was the second time I beat his team this season. Clearly Mr. Ferguson finally realized that I am the better manager and felt he had no other choice but to go against his word and retire in shame. This is a fact.

I also knocked Manchester United out of the FA Cup and got Chelsea into the Europa League final using only my superior tactics and ring of mouth hair. Mr. Ferguson could not even get Man United into the Europa League because he knows I am the lizard king of second-tier European competitions and he would just lose to me yet again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...dit-sir-alex-ferguson-decision-120352881.html

Still think his greatest achievement was ending the reign of the old firm and winning the Scottish league and then winning the Cup Winners Cup with Aberdeen, beating Real Madrid in the final.

Hoping this doesn't mean Jose is going to Manchester...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back